Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Rare footage of the Kings actually getting punished for their typical goonery. Will all the PPs dissuade them from trying to injure anybody this year? Or will the refs let them pick it right back up because the Oilers' PP is too good again and they don't want to "influence the game" anymore?

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Yeah, because of all the turnovers by the Kings. Of course, the Oilers would be the better team and deserve to win 99%. I agree with those stats blud, but we are all on the same page. The problem you ain't getting in the Arctic Circle up there is that to win the playoffs, you must limit your mistakes or other teams will exacerbate on those mistakes for goals. The Oilers didn't even need to show up because of how many the Kings had in the first two periods of the match tonight. That's why Kings lost it more than Oilers won it.

Bruv, your team has Evander Kane fam, look what he did to Kolesar last year, disrespectful gut punches. Who on the Kings are dirtbags? Their leader is the respectable Anze Kopitar, Ted Lindsey finalist like very single year. There were some borderline hits, but those were accidents. I've watched Byfield a lot, he ain't dishing those out like he's Tommy Wilson blud.
You’ve got to be kidding… Mikey Anderson, Blake lizotte, knucklehead Grundstrom are complete dirtbags. Not to mention king dirtbag Drew Doughty. They played like clowns trying to injure people and the oilers slapped the shit out of them on the scoreboard for it, simple as that.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Do you dummies now believe that the Kings aren’t some secret cup contender

There are a few teams in the playoffs that I think they would beat in a 7 game series. They gave Vancouver fits all season. I think Edmonton or perhaps Colorado are the worst matchup for them and really exposes the weaknesses though. Teams that play with pace and can skate up and down the lineup.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Rare footage of the Kings actually getting punished for their typical goonery. Will all the PPs dissuade them from trying to injure anybody this year? Or will the refs let them pick it right back up because the Oilers' PP is too good again and they don't want to "influence the game" anymore?

Edm fans are so deranged they need to make up a persecution narrative in a series they’ll handily win.

EmuRidingLuffy

Jun 4, 2022
QLD, Australia
You’ve got to be kidding… Mikey Anderson, Blake lizotte, knucklehead Grundstrom are complete dirtbags. Not to mention king dirtbag Drew Doughty. They played like clowns trying to injure people and the oilers slapped the shit out of them on the scoreboard for it, simple as that.
god i wish the kings were as dirty as oiler fans seem to think. they might actually achieve something.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Edm fans are so deranged they need to make up a persecution narrative in a series they’ll handily win.
Winning handily doesn't matter if they don't get out of the series healthy because they've got clowns taking runs at McDavid's numbers late in a 5-1 game. Same shit as the past 2 years and Kings fans still show up and play the victim.

Last edited:

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL team would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.
Well that's certainly a take. :laugh:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Truthfully, edm should be up 3-0 in this series. Skinner was just so bad in game 2. If he’s even average edm takes that game fairly easily.
The stark difference in breakaways, turnovers, grade A looks given up, you don’t think had anything to do with the difference between G2 and G3? Just Skinners performance?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL team would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.
Just say you didn’t watch any of the previous series. Edmonton dominated LA every game pretty much

Reactions: Macheteops

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Do you dummies now believe that the Kings aren’t some secret cup contender
First they said we were secret contenders, then they said we were reverse jinxing them, now they’re saying we’re a team filled with guys who resort to playing dirty to win.

How I wish any of that were true. Nobody overrates the Kings more than Oiler fans come playoff time.

Reactions: Fripp

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
How good have McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman been in this series so far? I haven't had a chance to watch any games, just following scores...obviously they have scored a ton.

Are McDrai playing as good as they did in either of the last 2 playoffs?
How about Hyman, is he also playing as good as his numbers indicate, or is a lot of it being fed by others/luck?

I have been predicting all year (yes even when Oilers were bottom feeders in November, 2nd worst record in league) that Oilers would win the cup this year. I still stick to that prediction. I think they win next game too, and either wrap it up in 5, or 6 games max.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Kings could finish bottom 8 next year and I wouldn’t be surprised. How did they make the playoffs with Cam Talbot
The 1-3-1 works against a lot of teams that don't have the sort of offense Edmonton has, I guess. Their PK was also much improved during the regular season, which was a talking point for them coming into the series that isn't holding up to say the least.

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
An Oilers vs Avs match up in the WCF would be an absolute barn burner! First team to 10 goals wins?! :thumbu:

(Edit: no reseeding, so impossible for Oilers & Avs too meet in Round 2)

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Yeah, because of all the turnovers by the Kings. Of course, the Oilers would be the better team and deserve to win 99%. I agree with those stats blud, but we are all on the same page. The problem you ain't getting in the Arctic Circle up there is that to win the playoffs, you must limit your mistakes or other teams will exacerbate on those mistakes for goals. The Oilers didn't even need to show up because of how many the Kings had in the first two periods of the match tonight. That's why Kings lost it more than Oilers won it.

Bruv, your team has Evander Kane fam, look what he did to Kolesar last year, disrespectful gut punches. Who on the Kings are dirtbags? Their leader is the respectable Anze Kopitar, Ted Lindsey finalist like very single year. There were some borderline hits, but those were accidents. I've watched Byfield a lot, he ain't dishing those out like he's Tommy Wilson blud.
Dirt bags on the Kings - Doughty, Fiala. Anderson, Lizotte, Moore, Grundstrom that dirty diver Arvidson, and when he gets mad, Kempe.

I'm sure I missed some.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Dirt bags on the Kings - Doughty, Fiala. Anderson, Lizotte, Moore, Grundstrom that dirty diver Arvidson, and when he gets mad, Kempe.

I'm sure I missed some.

Pot calling the kettle black here.....Kane, Perry, Draisaitl, Desharnais, Nurse,

I think the only likeable Oiler might be RNH.....Holloway, McLeod....

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The Kings looked very bad in game 1 and in game 3. Like, they weren't even in the Oilers' class in those two games. However, the Kings were sharp and on their toes in game 2 and they can do it again.

My guess is, whatever happens in game 4, the Oilers win this series eventually. But if the Oilers want to win the Stanley Cup it would really help their cause to finish this series quickly rather than dragging it out to seven. Game 4 will determine that, most likely.

It was good to see Evander Kane finally get rewarded and have a great game (other than his disastrous non back-check on the Kings' only goal, which he gifted them, but we'll ignore that).

Vinnie Desharnais is a monster right now, especially on the PK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad