Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Calgary signs Jaromir Jagr [1 year/$1M base + $1M bonuses)

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Nice signing by the Flames . Jagr has lost a few steps but the guy is a true professional . He can only help show the young Flames by showing what it takes to be in this league both on and off the ice . Paging Bennett
Where do these comments come from? Lost a few steps from leading the Panthers team in scoring with 66 to 46 on an injured joke team? Or is this the whole Flames/Oilers thing where its impossible to give a compliment to your enemy?

Pure point production, Jagr has it. Speed, Jagr hasn't had since 2001 so that isn't new. You know what you're getting with him.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nice signing by the Flames . Jagr has lost a few steps but the guy is a true professional . He can only help show the young Flames by showing what it takes to be in this league both on and off the ice . Paging Bennett

Yeah okay. He's still playing in the NHL at 45, but he's lost a few steps. This doesn't make any sense at all.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Saw this posted on CalgaryPuck. Too cool not to share

DLN-MsFXkAE9A1G.jpg:small

17 year old Jaromir Jagr trying to get past Gary Suter. Czech National Team vs Calgary Flames in Prague. - September 11, 1989

Photo by Jaroslav Legner

Reactions: Johnnybegood13

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
The travelling Jagrs were from Calgary? I thought they would have been from Pitt or something... -shrug-
lol yup. Calgary, Airdrie, Red Deer and one or two from Edmonton as well I think. There's already a news article on them, about how their rule was always "We don't cheer for a particular team, we just cheer for Jagr" and how that rule might have to change now because they're mostly from Calgary.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/hoc...eady-to-dust-off-their-mullets-for-their-hero

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
People are going to shut up right quick when Jagr posts 40+ points this year. People are hating on him only because he's 46 and are throwing a ridiculous amount of salt and wanting him to fail. If he was in his 20's with his stats from last year, you wouldn't hear a single person complain.

Became a Flames fan last year and see a lot of potential and growth from the core of the team. So happy Jagr didn't sign with the Blues, they would have forced him through a stupidly outdated system with management who thinks it's still the 90's and ruin him. Alongside Smith, there are alot of players on the Flames that are going to shut up all the naysayers and go deep in the playoffs this year, mark my words. Going to be a hell of a year.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Nicely done CGY, he's a great mentor for the young core at the very minimum for that 1m price. Hopefully he gets to play with Backlund/Tkachuk, that line would be unstoppable once they start the cycle going. Going to fit in nicely with that core and the younger players will surely learn from him. Low risk, high reward, I approve. Good job.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Cannot complain about signing Jagr for 1 million + bonuses. He's going to help that PP, and help Bennett come along (someone who can hold onto a puck for more than a minute).

Watch out for that Calgary 3 lines of depth; while there's clearly lacking elite pieces (Gaudreau) that depth is among the best in the league.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Now I have to make a point of attending a Flames game, ideally vs Florida i suppose.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's a RHS, but what I meant is his dominant hand left hand. Your pic seems to suggest that. As you know a lot of left handers (Yamamoto, Elias Lindholm) shoot right, and vice versa. Of course there are right handed people that shoot right (Forsberg, Johansen, etc.), and I think only Benn is left handed and shoots left.

Presumably, he writes with the third claw he spawns from his demon ass chest

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005

"Can somebody tell him, he is not playing for the Panthers anymore, please"

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Listening to Tkachuk's interview about all he wants to learn from Jagr makes me drool. Seeing what he did with Barkov and Huberdeau, Flames young guys will be really lucky to learn from him.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not expecting too much from Jagr, if he gets 40 points, that's great. I'm just happy he's on the team.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I don't want to read this entire thread - but - Does Jagr look to pair up with Versteeg? In a weird way I think that might work if it's the case.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't want to read this entire thread - but - Does Jagr look to pair up with Versteeg? In a weird way I think that might work if it's the case.
We're projecting that Jagr will play with Versteeg and Bennett

Reactions: 5 Hole

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Low risk High reward signing.

He'll do well for the flames, dont know how he'll hold up to the travel and be come playoff time, but could be a good mentor for their younger skilled guys.

Caged Great

Jan 1, 2007
Calgary
I think to start the year, the lines will be

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Lazar-Stajan-Brouwer

PP 1

Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr
Versteeg-Hamilton

PP 2

Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett
Giordano-Stone (I'm guessing a bit on the PP units)

If Ferland struggles on line one, Jagr and him will likely swap spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad