Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Calgary signs Jaromir Jagr [1 year/$1M base + $1M bonuses)

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Anyone else getting a Jagr jersey?

I really don't like the new jerseys because they're pretty much the old ones which suck, but it's f***ing Jaromir Jagr. Jagr in the flaming f***ing C. Even if it is just for the 1 year, a legend will have put on the flaming C.

Get f***ing going season so we can get some Jagr action. Can't f***ing wait.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLUxLPyVYAEjybp.jpg:small
DLUxLPyVYAEjybp.jpg:small

DLUxQ5LU8AIDG2c.jpg:small

DLUz01aUQAAMGKC.jpg:small

Last edited:

livewell68

Jul 20, 2007
He looks leaner than ever. The articles are saying he's now 213 lbs. He may be slower, but being 17 lbs lighter might help with his skating. Jagr hasn't been lighter than 215 lbs since the mid 90's.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I don't want to read this entire thread - but - Does Jagr look to pair up with Versteeg? In a weird way I think that might work if it's the case.
I don't think it would be weird if it worked at all. Versteeg is a very smart player in the offensive zone, so he can play with a lot of different dudes. It should be even better with another very smart offensive player like Jagr, so I think it makes sense that we'll see them mesh nicely.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Why on earth didn't he train during summer? I think he really was closer to retiring than really planning to continue playing? I wonder what else Calgary offered other than just 1M+1M? Maybe a guaranteed management job with a nice pay?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Why on earth didn't he train during summer? I think he really was closer to retiring than really planning to continue playing? I wonder what else Calgary offered other than just 1M+1M? Maybe a guaranteed management job with a nice pay?

My guess would be by not training, he meant going 100% instead of staying in shape.

It's Jagr, he's always doing something physical, whether it's the gym, swimming, tennis or banging chicks.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Of course he did train; just didn't train with a team + didn't play anywhere that would prepare him for the NHL intensity.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
With how well Lazar is playing there's no rush.

Take his time and learn the system. We still haven;t figured out lines anyway.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With how well Lazar is playing there's no rush.

Take his time and learn the system. We still haven;t figured out lines anyway.
He played under Gulutzan in Dallas, I don't think learning the system will be an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad