Confirmed Trade: [CGY/ARI] Troy Stecher and Nick Ritchie for Brett Ritchie and Connor Mackey

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We traded for Ritichie and grabbed a depth defenseman??? I am so ready to be angry!

*Checks trade details*

Just think about that Stetcher to Mangiapane sequence at the Worlds

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Brad said in his press conference today that one of the reasons behind moving Ritchie is Walker Duehr making a push being a regular NHL’er and wanting to open up a spot for him on the RW which I was happy to hear

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Just think about that Stetcher to Mangiapane sequence at the Worlds

I may have missed it? Is there a clip somewhere?

It might be more exciting than pure meh if that's the case.

Last edited:

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I'm still not happy even with the upgrade, this will probably mean an extra 3 points in the standings and a worse draft pick.

We should be tanking for a better pick, not trying to go all in for 9th place.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
For people not understanding the trade:

Arizona shed some cash, and got back a young-ish player in Mackey. They also got worse, helping to increase their Bedard odds.

Calgary got better unquestionably as Zadorov-Stecher should be a reliable 3rd pairing now. Nick is also an upgrade on Brett in goal scoring, but a downgrade in other areas as Brett was always hustling and forechecking. Flames have very strong underlying metrics, but have not had steady goaltending, and perhaps a few too many grade-A chances against at times compounding this issue. Treliving didn't want to give up on this team yet, but didn't spend any futures on this group either. He stated that he did listen on offers for some players under contract for next season, but that those offers were not strong enough.

Brett recently has been displaced in the lineup from Walker Duehr who has looked good. Treliving stated in the presser that this helped to give Duehr more time on the roster, and allowed Brett to still play. Curious as to who Treliving feels will be displaced by Nick Ritchie now.

I do think that this makes Calgary better. I am just not sure how much. I don't think it is enough to catch anyone. I bet Nashville still passes Calgary too. Personally, it wasn't the trade-deadline that I wanted to see from the Flames, but it is better than being a buyer given their circumstances.

Whomever you want to point fingers at, and whatever your theories are, everyone can at least agree that this season has been underwhelming in so many areas, with only a few bright spots.

I will personally miss Brett Ritchie on the team, as when he is in the lineup I don't think there is ever a moment that I felt he didn't give it a good effort. He is a solid forechecker who doesn't stop skating, and he won't hesitate to drop the mitts and stand up for a teammate either. Solid 4th liner.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
This is a move made so Treviling can say he was active at the deadline.

Can't see it impacting the on ice product at all.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lol Stetcher and N. Ritchie are barely NHLers at this point. Looks like they will fit in perfect with the Flames. flames cup run, here we go, YAHOOOO, yeah baby!!!! - Peter Mahr. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad