Confirmed Trade: [CGY/ARI] Troy Stecher and Nick Ritchie for Brett Ritchie and Connor Mackey

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think a lot of Flames fans were ready to get angry about a waste of a late pick... and now have no idea how to react other than utter confusion.

I think mixing up Brett and Nick will be common. To avoid this, maybe both teams should start calling their Ritchie, "Brick Ritchie"?

Treliving actually sorta got something for nothing here. He upgraded on both players and stunned the angry Flames mob against adding Ritchie to our roster.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Huh? We literally upgraded our roster for free. Odds are Mackey wasn't getting qualified anyways and N. Ritchie is an upgrade on Lucic
If he plays instead of Lucic. I worry it will be ahead of Duehr or Pelletier.

I had high hopes for Mackey at one time, but man was he awful when he got called up.
Agreed. I liked him better than Valimaki. He looked really good in limited action prior to this year. Phillips never got a shot. Mackey did and blew it.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer and Fig

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
gqxapqosblla1.jpg

Ledge And Dairy

Agreed. I liked him better than Valimaki. He looked really good in limited action prior to this year. Phillips never got a shot. Mackey did and blew it.
Thats on the coach then, not Tre. If we were going to find a way to send Pelts doen it wpuld have been someone like Domi. I would be truely flabbergasted if Ritchie pushes him out of the top 6.

Sutter would be purposely trying to piss off Huberdeau if he did that, it's clear Hubs has committed to mentoring him

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure what everyone's freaking out about, we did good here. Got the better players, and didn't even throw in a pick!

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Ritchie and Lucic will both play. On the same line too. That will be one heavy line and many nhl players will be afraid to play against. Some heavy hits will crush bodies there. Duehr is the man who will be send down sire

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Ritchie and Lucic will both play. On the same line too. That will be one heavy line and many nhl players will be afraid to play against. Some heavy hits will crush bodies there. Duehr is the man who will be send down sire
Not so sure....Duehr has looked pretty good in his time up.

Reactions: Nhlpowerweek

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Thats on the coach then, not Tre. If we were going to find a way to send Pelts doen it wpuld have been someone like Domi. I would be truely flabbergasted if Ritchie pushes him out of the top 6.

Sutter would be purposely trying to piss off Huberdeau if he did that, it's clear Hubs has committed to mentoring him
Well he did play Huberdeau with Lucic for 12 games. That's worse than Ritchie.

Duehr has been by FAR the best 4th liner we've had this season. That's my fear.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
100% Arizona will force Brett to wear Nick's number to save on jersey costs and logistics.

Reactions: Wanderson

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Well he did play Huberdeau with Lucic for 12 games. That's worse than Ritchie.

Duehr has been by FAR the best 4th liner we've had this season. That's my fear.
Interesting to hear. I have seen a bunch of calgary games, but duehr hasnt hit me in these games so badly . lets see what happens. I am sure that ritchie will be in the lineup though. He is a player who was azked by sutter if he would want that sucka around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad