GDT: CGY(34-35-5) @ WPG(45-24-6) 6pm SNW, going to Winnipeg edition

Who do you like best from the crop of top dmen for the 2024 NHL draft?

• Anton Silayev

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
He didnt leave hes feet. So players can just skate arojnd with head at shoulder elbow lv and they cant be hit? 48.1 says avoidable head contact is illegal, its literally unavoidable with Morrisseys skating like that, hes allowed to be hit there.
He quite literally leaves his feet. It’s 100% unavoidable by not delivering the hit.

You must be from the 60’s NHL if that’s a clean hit to you.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
He quite literally leaves his feet. It’s 100% unavoidable by not delivering the hit.

Its a minor at best, hes feet was still on the ice milliseconds before the hit.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Kind of like 2019 when calgary did not sweep the season series against the Jets and lost the 3rd game to Winnipeg in Winnipeg. Only we were very good back then!

I remember that randomly lol.

Reactions: Boomstick

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Vilardi is a beast.

Can't believe just as he got good LA traded him. And it wasn't even hindsight that the trade wasn't great either.

If Vilardi can actually stay healthy for a full season I'm curious to see how beastly he can be. He's had injury trouble since junior and hasn't had a full or even 70 game season yet and he's 24.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

"Unavoidable by not delivering the hit" is... I'm trying to figure out a way to say this diplomatically, but I'm afraid it's just ignorant of what the rule book is setting out to explain in Rule 48. The word unavoidable is used purely in the context of an understanding that the puck carrier is legally available to be hit, and that the hitter is fully allowed to make the hit despite the risk of head contact.

All hits are avoidable by not making them. That is a redundant observation. So when the book makes allowances for hits to the head in which head contact is unavoidable, they obviously don't mean "the player had no choice but to hit him."

What this comes down to is not whether head contact was unavoidable, which it may have been, but whether Pospisil did anything to accentuate or increase the head contact. I believe it will be found that he did, both through the motion of his body upwards during the hit (whether he actually left his feet prior to the hit or during the contact really doesn't matter given there isn't a reason for him to elevate from his initial position other than to do what he did) and the extension of the elbow afterwards. And given this comes on the heels of another suspension, this should be an in-person hearing.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
simpsons-vibe.gif

Wolf solid in a loss to keep pace in the tank-offs. I'll take it.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Love that some ppl are trying to argue what sort of headshots are okay lol. Good god. Arguing whether or not he left his feet at the point of contact (I saw the screenshot on CP but that was before he actually hit the player) and just simple nitpicking NHL rules trying to overthink the fundamental point.

Get it out of the f***ing game! The onus is on Pospisil to avoid contact if the principle point is going to be the head.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
nah that’s a clean hit but Morrisey clearly stumbles or tries to duck right before the hit.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Love that some ppl are trying to argue what sort of headshots are okay lol. Good god. Arguing whether or not he left his feet at the point of contact (I saw the screenshot on CP but that was before he actually hit the player) and just simple nitpicking NHL rules trying to overthink the fundamental point.

Get it out of the f***ing game! The onus is on Pospisil to avoid contact if the principle point is going to be the head.
That last statement isn't true per the rules. Maybe it is per popular opinion, but not based on the rules.

In IIHF rules the hitter is expected to avoid head contact. In NHL rules the hitter is only expected to not seek out any more head contact than is necessary.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That last statement isn't true per the rules. Maybe it is per popular opinion, but not based on the rules.
I really don't care to be honest. Fighting is still allowed according to the rules too, doesn't mean I think it should be in the game. Morrissey is in a compromising position, doesn't mean Pospisil should go for the kill. If the hit is against a Flames player everyone here is calling bloody murder or saying the opposition player should be more responsible.

I don't quite agree with your second point. Lots of hockey fans have no issue keeping this stuff in the game. Provides a chauvinist flair or whatever, but as I've grown older I've become more and more disillusioned by the violence.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Why did we sign Rooney for another season?
He will be a great tank commander in 2025!

If wolf is a couple inches taller that save is easier.

Damn, tough. Couldn’t clear the crease (nvm I think Weegar put that in)
People dislike these kind of comments but it's just being honest. His size will be his career biggest detriment. I don't see him being great at this level but he will be another tanking soldier next year. Check goals scored against him, the number is HUGE and they don't lie!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He's had 2 20 game stretches in these past 2 seasons were he almost sort of lived up to his contract.

😭
Not true, standard is so low that we accept any kind of production

It’s a superstar money, he never lived up to it for 2 consecutive games let alone 20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad