CFL 2024

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah. I have been (and still am) a very vocal critic of Len Rhodes, but not everything he did was terrible. It's just the bad things he did were huge and his approach always came across more like a politician than a sports executive making him come across like weasel.
I always thought he was a bit of a slimeball. Like a used car salesman (apologies to any of those on here). Kind of reminded me of Patrick Laforge.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Love how they went with the small pops.

The extra penny in cost to give the fans a medium must have been too much to bear.
Seriously it’s little things like this. Like who runs the numbers and says better make it a small pop.

The football team is ass… it should be a beer with the hot dog.

Reactions: guymez and K1984

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Not sure if he ended up there again, but that’s where he started. Molson beer rep, IIRC.

I think it was something like Board Chairman with the AGLC.

He also tried politics as a Jason Kenney minion but lost, this pissed me off as his riding off into the sunset with the Eskimos was essentially him trying to drum up as much publicity as possible, only to be announced as a UCP candidate literally the day after his last day with the team.

Such a slimeball.

Reactions: Stoneman89

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I think it was something like Board Chairman with the AGLC.

He also tried politics as a Jason Kenney minion but lost, this pissed me off as his riding off into the sunset with the Eskimos was essentially him trying to drum up as much publicity as possible, only to be announced as a UCP candidate literally the day after his last day with the team.

Such a slimeball.
You’re talking Ketchup guy, yes I believe you are correct. I recall him getting that appointment and also running for elected office and losing. I was referring to LaForge who was a Molson rep at one time.

Hucksters gonna huckster.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
You’re talking Ketchup guy, yes I believe you are correct. I recall him getting that appointment and also running for elected office and losing. I was referring to LaForge who was a Molson rep at one time.

Hucksters gonna huckster.
Your post fits with my theory about some of the Eskie's financial woes.

You don't have to hire an ex-player as President/GM etc. but when you go out and hire a guy who never played sports and has no industry experience remotely related to pro football management then what do you expect?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Can't imagine it was too hard to identify that bet as illegitimate.

"Someone bet $25k on a bunch of Shawn Lemon props? That's all I need to know to freeze this one."
It’s really amazing how stupid these guys are. It’s not just somebody betting on Lemon’s stats in an obscure CFL game that raises suspicion. The exact same thing will be looked at with scrutiny on any player in any league as Porter proved in the much larger NBA. Same type of thing happened in Italy with soccer about a decade ago. These guys know what normal bets are and flag anything abnormal immediately. The players aren’t getting paid out for their bets anyway and now they’re finished in their sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad