Confirmed with Link: Cedric Paquette 1 year at 950K

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
We need the depth forwards and he fits the bill. He's a true NHL player and he happens to be Quebecois. Really struggling to see how this is an issue even if he's nothing be to be excited about.
Yup. 4th line players aren't the sexiest of signings, but you still need them.

I don't really care about his game, but the habs are getting a reliable 4th line player. Anyone doubting that he's an nhler is out to lunch.

Hasn't played in the A for 7 years now, has over 400 nhl games and 95 playoff games. 13th forwards and AHL fodder don't play that much at the nhl level.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I think he’ll bring something else to the table than just being a Franco poster boy as you and a bunch of local boy haters want to imply. He’s a great physical presence on ice and wins a great portion of his battles down low. At under a million, I think he’s a good value.
Did not hear anyone complain about Frolik’s nationality all year while he ate hotdogs in the stands for 750k…. So why are you bringing up the Franco bias?

Lol I’ve made posts today talking about how great Danault was for this team and how the Savard contract was a steal. There’s no “hate.”

I would much rather have Corey Perry back, the hall of famer who wants to be here, or bring up a young guy like Poehling than have Paquette here to do interviews in French and not much else.

And maybe when you were living under your rock last year when the Habs didn’t dress a Franco for the first time ever, the media kind of went berserk. Darche, er Paquette sorry, ensures that won’t happen again.

Reactions: cphabs and BLONG7

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A cheap insurance policy if Evans,Poehling and KK falter.Fills a spot if needed,hopefully MB makes a few deals to improve the team significantly though.

Reactions: viceroy

Habz4

Oct 1, 2013
Yup. 4th line players aren't the sexiest of signings, but you still need them.

I don't really care about his game, but the habs are getting a reliable 4th line player. Anyone doubting that he's an nhler is out to lunch.

Hasn't played in the A for 7 years now, has over 400 nhl games and 95 playoff games. 13th forwards and AHL fodder don't play that much at the nhl level.
As long as he stays on the 4th line, it is a good signing. But knowing our history of using 4th line grinders on the top lines it scares the crap out of me

Reactions: cphabs

Jul 6, 2016
He can play LW or C on the 4th line. Good if Poehling is not ready to make the big club this season.
That would bother me. If it was a decision where it was an either/or thing and signing him means saying goodbye to Perry kind of sucks.

I don't think you should see this signing that way. Paquette is a C-LW 4th liner. He is there to replace Staal and as an insurance policy if Poehling is not ready.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
A versatile, gritty bottom line forward. Can play as #4C. Was much liked in Tampa, but his play deteriorated after being traded to Ottawa. Can't blame him.

Solid depth signing. Could become a fan favorite.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
He can play LW or C on the 4th line. Good if Poehling is not ready to make the big club this season.

I don't think you should see this signing that way. Paquette is a C-LW 4th liner. He is there to replace Staal and as an insurance policy if Poehling is not ready.
Fair enough. I have nothing against the guy or the signing whatsoever.

I just really like Corey Perry and hope he plays for us next year.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
more physical, willing to drop the gloves. He's a good 13th forward, Poehling needs to be at the very least a top 12 if not a top 9 player. He can be a 4th liner but you would hope there's enough offense for a solid 3rd liner.

It's a one year deal right? So the plan feels like another year in the AHL for Poehling then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad