CCHL2 2015/16 Season

Easyrider

Jul 26, 2015
I heard late cuts from a Junior A team going to a CCHL2 team and being called "Jr A Assignments". Does anyone know what that means?

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
Cole Carter (Windsor) & Yannick Bertrand (Cape Breton) both have made jump from CCHL2 (EOJHL) to Major Junior. Does anyone know of any others who are attending Major Jr camps?

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
I heard late cuts from a Junior A team going to a CCHL2 team and being called "Jr A Assignments". Does anyone know what that means?

I am hearing that PBW is having difficulty get releases from Hockey Quebec to sign the Shawville players they acquired ....anyone know if this has been resolved? Thanx,

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
If they do get them signed will they be the team to beat, they went 4 and 0 in the preseason. I know its preseason but they sem to be way better then last year.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
If they do get them signed will they be the team to beat, they went 4 and 0 in the preseason. I know its preseason but they sem to be way better then last year.

Like u say pre season but they will be very stong with those Shawville players ....I saw one game and that group can all play...hopefully it is resolved ...spoke to Shawville parent all five are going to same school in Hull and will be able to ride together and they all want to stay in Perth.....will be good for Perth fans .

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario

They should be way better than last year. With the 12 players they "acquired" from Shawville, the players they got from Almonte plus their own 20+man roster from last year they had about 40 players that played in the league last year to pick a team from.
That is before any recruiting and "EPIC" trades.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Like u say pre season but they will be very stong with those Shawville players ....I saw one game and that group can all play...hopefully it is resolved ...spoke to Shawville parent all five are going to same school in Hull and will be able to ride together and they all want to stay in Perth.....will be good for Perth fans .

And having Karson McCartney is a huge bonus as well.

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014
And having Karson McCartney is a huge bonus as well.

Its early, but will the usual leaders Renfrew and Stitty be at the top of the league.How do you guys think the rest will finish. Hope to see some games this weekend. See some of the R/STL teams.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
They should be way better than last year. With the 12 players they "acquired" from Shawville, the players they got from Almonte plus their own 20+man roster from last year they had about 40 players that played in the league last year to pick a team from.
That is before any recruiting and "EPIC" trades.

How is Westport going to be this year.....has SFB supplied any players ?

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Galasso

Surprised to see Stittsville losing Galasso. He will be a top player this year if he sticks around.

fred

Sep 12, 2015
Athens let go a 200 lb 20 yr old defence and kept a 150 lb 17 yr old and a 160 lb 16 year old , defence not expereinced

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Surprised to see Stittsville losing Galasso. He will be a top player this year if he sticks around.

I heard that Galasso wants to play with his buddy Chris King. Stittsville and Ottawa West didn't have enough 21 year old cards for both so they both got moved to Arnprior.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
I heard that Galasso wants to play with his buddy Chris King. Stittsville and Ottawa West didn't have enough 21 year old cards for both so they both got moved to Arnprior.

Wow, that's a great deal for Arnprior. Those two players alone have more Junior experience than some of the entire team rosters. Bad news is the packers seem to be going with two inexperienced, 17 year old goalies. Should be interesting.

fred

Sep 12, 2015
m

A younger, tougher Aeros' team
By Jonathon Brodie Saturday, September 12, 2015

New-look Flyers in Prescott
By Jonathon Brodie Saturday, September 12, 2015

Both articles from the Brockville Recorder & Times

I must admit to being uncertain. The Athens article said that after the under 18 camps closed they received players from them. Shouldn't the tier 2 teams be better ? They also received some players late in camp that where other teams castoffs. one played AA for Silver Seven , and was released by another tier 2 team. His playing in AA last year was very marginal at best.
Another 2 or 3 castoff from Perth .They let go a experienced d man and have replaced them with smaller and lighter 16 and 17 year old .Simply article in paper just didnt make sense

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
NOJHL/CCHL2 Transactions

Moving To NOJHL from CCHL2
July 15 – Timmins Rock acquire Tyler Somers from Clarence Beavers Jr. B (EOJHL)
July 28 – Kirkland Lake Gold Miners acquire Maxime Choquette from Casselman Vikings Jr. B (EOJHL)
Aug. 12 – Elliot Lake Wildcats acquire Ty Hannaford from Athens Aeros Jr. B (CCHL2)
Sept. 11 – Espanola Express acquire Jean-Paul Sabourin from Metcalf Jets Jr. B (EOJHL)
NOTE: Tyler Somers did not dress for the opening games of Timmins. All other players played for heir new team.

Moving from NOJHL to CCHL2
July,28 – Kirkland Lake Gold Miners transfer Chris Pearson to Casselman Vikings Jr B (EOJHL)
Sept. 1 – Elliot Lake Wildcats transfer Adam Baxter to Clarence Beavers Jr. B (EOJHL)
Sept. 8 – Timmins Rock transfer Patrick Picard to Stittsville Rams Jr. B (EOJHL)
Sept. 9 – Elliot Lake Wildcats transfer Nicolas Legault to Casselman Vikings Jr. B (CCHL2)
NOTE: Chris Pearson did not show on Casselman's opening weekend lineup. All other players played for heir new team.

Source: http://nojhl.com/transactions-2/

thehoodie

Jan 22, 2015
The oddity is that both goals are scored on penalty shots.

I spoke this morning to an associate who was at that game.... They said, first Penalty shot call was legit, but the second one called with the score 1-1 and 15 seconds left was very sketchy... and really probably a bad call.... I hate seeing games outcome altered by the referee, but than... I wasn't there so maybe call was proper...

They also stated, Canadians have a 16 year old Defencemen who was very impressive when on the ice... Felt kid will be worth watching as the year continues...

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
I spoke this morning to an associate who was at that game.... They said, first Penalty shot call was legit, but the second one called with the score 1-1 and 15 seconds left was very sketchy... and really probably a bad call.... I hate seeing games outcome altered by the referee, but than... I wasn't there so maybe call was proper...

They also stated, Canadians have a 16 year old Defencemen who was very impressive when on the ice... Felt kid will be worth watching as the year continues...

How could it have been 1-1 in a 2-0 game? Either Pointstreak is wrong (wouldn't be the first time) or your buddy is. Or you typed 1-1 instead of 1-0? Pointstreak also has the last goal as a PS and EN, which is technically impossible.

thehoodie

Jan 22, 2015
How could it have been 1-1 in a 2-0 game? Either Pointstreak is wrong (wouldn't be the first time) or your buddy is. Or you typed 1-1 instead of 1-0? Pointstreak also has the last goal as a PS and EN, which is technically impossible.

pointstreak had it wrong...

Westports' first goal was a penalty shot with less than a minute in first.
Canadians tied it up in 2nd period
and with 15 seconds left... Westport got the second Penalty shot goal...
Game ended 2-1... not 2-0.

So, I'd say... believe my friend who was in attendance than the point streak report.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
pointstreak had it wrong...

Westports' first goal was a penalty shot with less than a minute in first.
Canadians tied it up in 2nd period
and with 15 seconds left... Westport got the second Penalty shot goal...
Game ended 2-1... not 2-0.

So, I'd say... believe my friend who was in attendance than the point streak report.

Game was 2-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad