CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
McTavish has no discipline on the team, oops did I say team, too many "I's" some players are real spoilers, the players that should be leaders are just floating. I really feel sorry for the players that are playing their hearts out.
My prediction...CP will take the next 2 games

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
No thread for JRC that I knew ,so Congrats To JRC Embrun Panthers winning their 9th title in 13 years!

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario
McTavish has no discipline on the team, oops did I say team, too many "I's" some players are real spoilers, the players that should be leaders are just floating. I really feel sorry for the players that are playing their hearts out.

CP was the better team tonight, but Coleman and Lonely definitely called a bad game contributing to the outcome of the game.

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
Absolutely, CP were the better team tonight. Coleman/Loney were not a factor until the game was well out of hand for Pem.

60 minutes

Jan 10, 2012

Agreed. Top Kings players should have stayed home tonight. The number one line showed little passion, its a playoff series boys! MacTavish needs to regroup fast or it will be over Friday. CP is a team that can be rattled.

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Agreed. Top Kings players should have stayed home tonight. The number one line showed little passion, its a playoff series boys! MacTavish needs to regroup fast or it will be over Friday. CP is a team that can be rattled.

Could not agree with you more. Kings looked like they were out for a Sunday skate. CP looked like they were on a mission. Well its best two out of three now.
The million dollar question is: Do PLK top guys show up, do CP still play like they are on a mission.
Most agreed it would be 6 or 7 games, just not up two then tied at two!
Playoff hockey got to love it.

RonBurgandy13

Apr 1, 2014
I think a contributing factor to CP's success the last two games has been the improvement of the power play. First two games 2-8 and in the two wins a combined 5-9. Admittedly 4 of those in last nights win but still, if it stays hot Pembroke could be in trouble

Bockwinkel

Jan 12, 2013
Once again CP struggling to make the adjustments required to win in playoffs......will it be deja vu or will they figure it out?

5 Power Play goals in the last two games outscoring PLK 12-2 in the last 5 periods of play. I guess CP is making some adjustments. Wonder if the trend will continue Thursday and Friday. Gotta love playoff hockey.

Hope my Bears break out of their scoring hibernation soon...like tonight

RTR

Apr 5, 2011
CP finally smartens up and playing like a 1st place team.
SF struggling but will find it's way.

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014
Someone answered back with a double overtime victory. Should be a beauty on Sunday in CP.

I'm sure Smith is going to make up for letting in that brutal goal.

But you are correct about Sunday's game, looking forward to watching that one. Let's just hope the losing team doesn't turn to shenanigans at the end of the match.

OkayTips

Jul 5, 2012
I'm sure Smith is going to make up for letting in that brutal goal.

But you are correct about Sunday's game, looking forward to watching that one. Let's just hope the losing team doesn't turn to shenanigans at the end of the match.

To be fair it never should have gotten to OT ... if you watched the Cogeco feed of the game you will have seen them show how the Pembroke player kicked the tying goal in. Full marks to CP for the win!!!! They deserved that fate!!!

Me Me

Sep 13, 2010
last night

If you watch closer it was kicked in but hit the defence before

OkayTips

Jul 5, 2012
If you watch closer it was kicked in but hit the defence before

Rule 49 - Kicking
49.1 Kicking – The action of a player deliberately using his skate(s) with a kicking motion to propel the puck or to contact an opponent.
49.2 Goals - Kicking the puck shall be permitted in all zones. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who uses a distinct kicking motion to propel the puck into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who kicks a puck that deflects into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario
To be fair it never should have gotten to OT ... if you watched the Cogeco feed of the game you will have seen them show how the Pembroke player kicked the tying goal in. Full marks to CP for the win!!!! They deserved that fate!!!

If you actually slow it down you'll see that Larson kicks it to his stick, then push it towards the net, then the CP player puts it in his own net, when I was at the game I thought he kick it in the net, it wasn't until I watch it back in slow motion that I realized it was a good goal.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
If you actually slow it down you'll see that Larson kicks it to his stick, then push it towards the net, then the CP player puts it in his own net, when I was at the game I thought he kick it in the net, it wasn't until I watch it back in slow motion that I realized it was a good goal.

Perhaps the hockey gods will decide today.

Me Me

Sep 13, 2010
best hockey

that was the best hockey in alone time and congrade to CP:handclap: Both teams should hold there heads up hi

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Pumped for a little roady to Smiths Falls tonight- it'll be my first time in the new building.

Should be a solid end to the SF-OJS series.

Predictions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad