CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
3 games in 4 days

CP up 2-0.
Have been at both games, nothing like the Kings/CP semis. What an epic series.
Not surprised CP is up after going thru a series like that.
CP looks very confident and in control with and without the puck.
Bears work hard but seem to be getting not much accomplished.
JC seems to like these games bunched up. Next three games in 4 days. He did this in Kings Series.
Will be interesting on how both teams come out tonight.

Why do you think he's responsible for the Bears home games?

hardfacts

Jan 18, 2012
Why do you think he's responsible for the Bears home games?

I am no scholar but......if CP plays Thurs and Sunday....Bears would have to play one game in between.....the Bears chose Fri or Sat....so it would make it three games in four days....I could be wrong...

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
I am no scholar but......if CP plays Thurs and Sunday....Bears would have to play one game in between.....the Bears chose Fri or Sat....so it would make it three games in four days....I could be wrong...

Are the teams themselves even responsible for making the schedule? I would have thought they would give possible ice times to the league and then they would make the schedule so there would not be any type of favoritism. That is what I thought happened.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
Not a bad game in CP tonight but nothing like their last series against Pemby. First game of this round that I have seen and SF looked to be the stronger team tonight for most of the game. CP's first two goals were screened and a tipped shot then the winner was a bad pinch by SF's d-man and CP was luck to score on the two on one. SF seemed to shut down the neutral zone pretty well and contain CP's top lines. If SF had a quick d-man they could have won that game, multiple chances to keep the puck in but just got beat to it.

For the last few games that I have seen Sturtz and Peterson have not really been that big of a factor and if they do go to the Fred Page those guys will have to step it up. The best player on the ice for tonight's game was Senyshyn, pretty much scored SF's second goal and every time he had the puck he was moving, really good feet and very confident for a 16 year old. No doubts he will be a very good player for Sheldon in the Soo next year. To bad as I would have just went to the games to watch him play.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
What is everyone's opinion on potential relocation of franchises? I know its obvious that this won't happen in the next couple years, but down the road which franchises could you see relocating and what are the potential markets? The strongest one that I see is Renfrew given that they already have a Jr. A quality rink. Other than that, I think towns would have to invest in upgrading facilities.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
What is everyone's opinion on potential relocation of franchises? I know its obvious that this won't happen in the next couple years, but down the road which franchises could you see relocating and what are the potential markets? The strongest one that I see is Renfrew given that they already have a Jr. A quality rink. Other than that, I think towns would have to invest in upgrading facilities.

Logic would suggest that the Kanata Lasers move to Renfrew. That would allow the Raiders to become the (Ottawa) Western CCHL team. Perhaps they could consolidate the fan base of the two teams.

The Rangers or Grads to Rockland.

It appears Casselman could be a better hockey market for the Grads.

A minor realignment makes sense.

Last edited:

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

Rockland would instantly become best rink in league

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
Was Rick Dorval still in control when OJS made those trades with Hawkesbury? If he was will the league look into the trades, just seems a little suspicions that the trades were made then he moved to Hawkesbury. Same thing happened last year in the Jr.B league when Perth let go Hamish Fraser then he tried to trade players to Stitt for his benefit.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Was Rick Dorval still in control when OJS made those trades with Hawkesbury? If he was will the league look into the trades, just seems a little suspicions that the trades were made then he moved to Hawkesbury. Same thing happened last year in the Jr.B league when Perth let go Hamish Fraser then he tried to trade players to Stitt for his benefit.

Considering he was planning on Coaching Ottawa again next year I highly doubt this is the case.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Watched my first CP / SF game last night. A sad sad exhibition by CP # 16. Went down like someone had shot him. Could hardly make it back to bench. Refs gather and decide on a 4 minute penalty and #16 is back out on next shift for the power play. Don't know why he acted like this. Was too good a player to act like that.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Watched my first CP / SF game last night. A sad sad exhibition by CP # 16. Went down like someone had shot him. Could hardly make it back to bench. Refs gather and decide on a 4 minute penalty and #16 is back out on next shift for the power play. Don't know why he acted like this. Was too good a player to act like that.

If you had been speared as hard as he had, you never would have gotten up at all. Next shift? He didn't come back on until at least 2 minutes into that PP. Not sure why you even went to the game since you can't seem to pay attention.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
If you had been speared as hard as he had, you never would have gotten up at all. Next shift? He didn't come back on until at least 2 minutes into that PP. Not sure why you even went to the game since you can't seem to pay attention.

That is way tooooo funny and true. I hope this person does not go to the CPC Sunday and take up a seat.

I believe Jason wanted to win at home and enjoy another gate. It is costs $$$$ to go to the FPC and to buy rings.

CPC should wrap things up Sunday. Good for the team, JC and the fans of CPC.

sam2020

Apr 1, 2014
Here is my guess what moves could happen long term.

Nepean moves to Barrheaven and becomes the Barrheaven Raiders.

Gloucester moves to Riverside South and becomes Riverside South Rangers.

Cumberland moves to Rockland

Kanata moves to Renfrew

Kingston/Wellington join the Cchl.

Quebec jr a league folds and a hand full of teams join the Cchl.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
Here is my guess what moves could happen long term.

Nepean moves to Barrheaven and becomes the Barrheaven Raiders.

Gloucester moves to Riverside South and becomes Riverside South Rangers.

Cumberland moves to Rockland

Kanata moves to Renfrew

Kingston/Wellington join the Cchl.

Quebec jr a league folds and a hand full of teams join the Cchl.

That is not very long term. Two teams moving after next season, maybe push back the years by another two years and that is possible.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Travel, food and lodging all covered for team and staff at FPC. None oof teams pay.

The host team covers 22 players and very limited staff only. It is difficult not to take all your staff and key volunteers to an important tournament. And there are costs that are not covered. Jason's bar tab alone will be HUGE. Rings can be $10,000 +. There are costs to winning.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Logic would suggest that the Kanata Lasers move to Renfrew. That would allow the Raiders to become the (Ottawa) Western CCHL team. Perhaps they could consolidate the fan base of the two teams.

The Rangers or Grads to Rockland.

It appears Casselman could be a better hockey market for the Grads.

A minor realignment makes sense.

I don't feel like a CCHL team would move to Rockland because of the canteen problem - the CIHA doesn't want to give up the revenue from the canteen. I do think it's a big shame because Rockland would make a great market.

I think you're right about Casselman - fans there have become the class of the EOJHL and the team has only been around for a few years. Only issue there is the arena. Don't get me wrong, I like the Brisson Complex but it wasn't built as a Jr A facility and it isn't one.

I could see Gloucester moving to Leitrim. There are a lot of people in that area and a huge hockey-playing population. Much more so than in North Gloucester where Armstrong is. They wouldn't need to change their logo or name either, as Leitrim is still part of Gloucester. Only thing Fred Barrett Arena needs is an owners box - they have a Jr room already.

I think the potential relocation is as follows:
Ottawa > Renfrew
Cumberland > Casselman
Gloucester > Leitrim (Gloucester)

ORRT

Jul 7, 2011
Congrats to CP and good luck at Fred Page .
Naysayers can now work on why they will struggle at Fred
Hope they do well!

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
The soup Nazi said it best ....."Next !!!".

Big congrats to CPC the new Bogart Champions.

The entire CCHL league, teams,players, coaches and fans should now unite and get behind JC and his Carelton Place Canadians.

Now go win the Fred Page Cup !

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
I don't feel like a CCHL team would move to Rockland because of the canteen problem - the CIHA doesn't want to give up the revenue from the canteen. I do think it's a big shame because Rockland would make a great market.

I think you're right about Casselman - fans there have become the class of the EOJHL and the team has only been around for a few years. Only issue there is the arena. Don't get me wrong, I like the Brisson Complex but it wasn't built as a Jr A facility and it isn't one.

I could see Gloucester moving to Leitrim. There are a lot of people in that area and a huge hockey-playing population. Much more so than in North Gloucester where Armstrong is. They wouldn't need to change their logo or name either, as Leitrim is still part of Gloucester. Only thing Fred Barrett Arena needs is an owners box - they have a Jr room already.

I think the potential relocation is as follows:
Ottawa > Renfrew
Cumberland > Casselman
Gloucester > Leitrim (Gloucester)

Couple of weeks ago Kevin Abrams said that the only 2 locations left at this point under consideration for a team are Renfrew and Rockland, not through expansion but most likely a team moving to one of these locations.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Couple of weeks ago Kevin Abrams said that the only 2 locations left at this point under consideration for a team are Renfrew and Rockland, not through expansion but most likely a team moving to one of these locations.

That makes sense. Both are good markets and would add a lot of value to the CCHL.

There was also talk at one point of expanding the league with Kingston and Wellington. Of course travel is an issue. Perhaps there would be an East - West conference realignment.

West

Pembroke
Renfrew
Brockville
Smiths Falls
Carleton Place
Kingston
Wellington

East

Rockland (formerly Gloucester)
Hawkesbury
Cornwall
Cumberland / Casselman
Ottawa South (OJS)
Ottawa West (Nepean Raiders)
Kemptville

Well this should heat up the debate. There is no question travel would be an issue but it would be great hockey. Perhaps the teams in their conferences would play each other more often or the teams do a road trip. The addition of Kingston / Wellington would add cost but would add a new dimension to the CCHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad