CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Play-off Teams

The 8 teams in the play-offs are determined with Kemptville winning tonight only thing left is to where each team finishes in the standings.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
The 8 teams in the play-offs are determined with Kemptville winning tonight only thing left is to where each team finishes in the standings.

Kemptville 73's have played very well since December and have made their way into the playoffs by scoring some big goals at the right time and getting goaltending down the stretch,,,,this is a young team with a few veterans leading the way...they might make some noise in the payoffs

overtheboards

Oct 24, 2010
CHOO CHOO DERAILED CHOO CHOO stick to hosting the draft , that's the only thing Gloucester will host after the regular season with the coaches they have

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014
CHOO CHOO DERAILED CHOO CHOO stick to hosting the draft , that's the only thing Gloucester will host after the regular season with the coaches they have

Hey you would fit right in as a coach here since you have no clue as to what's going on either ...... Draft is going online as of this year idiot. Do your homework before you run your mouth.

Last edited:

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Surprise 4-0 loss by SF to Hawks last night giving hope to Ottawa and Pembroke to still catch the Bears.

With 4 games left (2 against Pemby, Kemptville and Brockville) SF does not have an easy schedule. They need 4 points to wrap up 2nd. A win tonight against Pembroke would mean the Lumberkings can finish no higher than third.

Pembroke plays SF twice, CP & Nepean.

Ottawa plays Kempville twice, Cumberland, Kanata and Hawks.

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Kemptville 73's have played very well since December and have made their way into the playoffs by scoring some big goals at the right time and getting goaltending down the stretch,,,,this is a young team with a few veterans leading the way...they might make some noise in the payoffs

by noise you mean winning a couple games at most?

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014

by noise you mean winning a couple games at most?

If they end up playing CP, get proper officiating without league interference, and solid goaltending, the goons might be in for a big surprise.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
If they end up playing CP, get proper officiating without league interference, and solid goaltending, the goons might be in for a big surprise.

I like the direction the 73's are headed but that is one heck of a prediction, I think you could get pretty good odds out of Vegas on that one!!

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014
I like the direction the 73's are headed but that is one heck of a prediction, I think you could get pretty good odds out of Vegas on that one!!

Have to pick one long shot each year LOL, Can just imagine what the spread would be on each game.

Which goalie would you start?

Tough call. Both played fairly well against CP. Tugnutt having played 2 and Couvrette 1,

A real toss up. Hell since I'm playing the odds, why not flip a coin ..... Couvrette it is !

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Have to pick one long shot each year LOL, Can just imagine what the spread would be on each game.

Tough call. Both played fairly well against CP. Tugnutt having played 2 and Couvrette 1,

A real toss up. Hell since I'm playing the odds, why not flip a coin ..... Couvrette it is !

maybe couvrette would be a little sour about his dealing with in CP...i think tugnutt has been better as of late....not sure of the stats tho

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
Do the 2 division champs get the 1st 2 seeds in the playoffs leaving SF as the 3rd seed?

No, ignore the divisions completely, they are for marketing purposes etc..
If you click on full standings and then click on standings by conference you will get the real standings and seedings.

BadgerKnight

Sep 4, 2008
Playoff Pricing

Regular season ticket prices are mandated by our local CCHL though I am unable to find this info posted on the league website. What is the adult & senior playoff pricing?

My interest has been piqued by viewing the prices in the OJHL which are varying between $10-$16 for an adult. The highest prices are showing in Kingston @ $16 for an adult & $14 for a senior. I had been tempted to view the opening game of the Kingston Vees for yesterday's game till the CCHL playoffs get underway. But paying $16 for a first round playoff game seems unjustifiably high.

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Regular season ticket prices are mandated by our local CCHL though I am unable to find this info posted on the league website. What is the adult & senior playoff pricing?

My interest has been piqued by viewing the prices in the OJHL which are varying between $10-$16 for an adult. The highest prices are showing in Kingston @ $16 for an adult & $14 for a senior. I had been tempted to view the opening game of the Kingston Vees for yesterday's game till the CCHL playoffs get underway. But paying $16 for a first round playoff game seems unjustifiably high.

Yea that could not be too far off from a cheap ticket to a frontenacs game

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
this site has turned into the "View"

Talking about Ticket prices ?

What about talking about the recent PLK OT win over CPC?

No one is disputing the dominance and success of CPC this year. It is very impressive. Congrats.

However, PLK also has an abundance of talent that is the victim of a rookie CCHL coach. If they get it together they could challenge SMF and CPC.

What about talking about the hit by Mr. Goontous on Trent Duroucher ? It was predicted by many that he would hurt someone this year. I didn't think it would be a 6 ft 4" 220 lb. player.

It was a dirty and unncessary hit that cost CPC the game.

Last edited:

John Deere

Apr 9, 2013
Talking about Ticket prices ?

What about talking about the recent PLK OT win over CPC?

No one is disputing the dominance and success of CPC this year. It is very impressive. Congrats.

However, PLK also has an abundance of talent that is the victim of a rookie CCHL coach. If they get it together they could challenge SMF and CPC.

What about talking about the hit by Mr. Goontous on Trent Duroucher ? It was predicted by many that he would hurt someone this year. I didn't think it would be a 6 ft 4" 220 lb. player.

It was a dirty and unncessary hit that cost CPC the game.

Maybe you should not make comments if you were not at the game. I was there and it was an unfortunate hit. Trent Deroucher was going to play the puck behind the net and caught an edge. He was falling into the end boards as Eli was going to make contact. Unfortunately for Trent all of their weight went against his head against the dasher. Hopefully Trent is ok. Again.....an unfortunate accident.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Maybe you should not make comments if you were not at the game. I was there and it was an unfortunate hit. Trent Deroucher was going to play the puck behind the net and caught an edge. He was falling into the end boards as Eli was going to make contact. Unfortunately for Trent all of their weight went against his head against the dasher. Hopefully Trent is ok. Again.....an unfortunate accident.

Hopefully Trent is OK for sure. That should be the primary focus.

I wasn't in Barrie on Feb 27 to know there was a 96 car pile up. Now that was an accident.

I was not at the game. But I was one of the 27 people watching Fasthockey.com.

Perhaps you should watch the tape and listen to the CPC announcers.

If the League determines it was an "accident" I am with you.

Has the League reviewed and ruled on this matter ?

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011

I wasn't in Barrie on Feb 27 to know there was a 96 car pile up. Now that was an accident.

He sure seems to be involved in more 'accidents' than any other player

John Deere

Apr 9, 2013

Funny how the Pembroke fans sitting around myself "AT" the game had the same opinion on this unfortunate accident.

I am sure the league has sent down a response and Eli will deal with whatever it is

Unfortunately for Eli people like yourself have in the past raked him over the coals for being a big kid playing against smaller kids. It is a good thing Scott Stevenson never played against your son.....I am sure you would of had him executed. And this might provoke the league to an exagerated suspension.

I believe you should keep your opinions to yourself and talk facts only. Calling Eli "Goontous" is disrespectful to himself and his family!! GROW UP

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Funny how the Pembroke fans sitting around myself "AT" the game had the same opinion on this unfortunate accident.

I am sure the league has sent down a response and Eli will deal with whatever it is

Unfortunately for Eli people like yourself have in the past raked him over the coals for being a big kid playing against smaller kids. It is a good thing Scott Stevenson never played against your son.....I am sure you would of had him executed. And this might provoke the league to an exagerated suspension.

I believe you should keep your opinions to yourself and talk facts only. Calling Eli "Goontous" is disrespectful to himself and his family!! GROW UP

If a player talks like a Goon, skates like a Goon, hits like a Goon, and hurts player(s) like a Goon...must be a Goon.

You have heard of free speech ?

This just in... a 2 game suspension.

Perhaps the league has not seen the photo of Trent's face. It is not good.

Disrespectful ?

I wonder how the Durocher family feels today.

Trent is a big guy but he always plays in control. Class act. I saw him fight once. It was not good for the opposing player. Elias should hope Trent does not return and sees PLK in the playoffs.

Elias does not hit from the front, he is a master of the "hit from behind".

There are a few GM's and head coaches questioning the "accident" and penalty. Some predicted a 10 game suspension.

What a joke. 2 games at the end of a season is not a penalty at all. It will give the CPC "C" time to rest.

Last edited:

OkayTips

Jul 5, 2012
Congratulations CPC

Congratulations to Jason Clarke and his Carleton Place Canadians for a record setting season. Breaking the old record of 52 wins in a season with their win today against the Hawksbury Hawks.

A phenomenal team and leader!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad