CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Series are set

CP vs KEM - CP in 4
SF vs NEP - NEP in 6
OTT vs CRN - OTT in 6
Pem vs BRK - BRK in 7

Just my thoughts - looking forward to good clean hockey from all teams. Does anyone know playoff prices? Are they the same in all rinks.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Series are set

CP vs KEM - CP in 4
SF vs NEP - NEP in 6
OTT vs CRN - OTT in 6
Pem vs BRK - BRK in 7

Just my thoughts - looking forward to good clean hockey from all teams. Does anyone know playoff prices? Are they the same in all rinks.

Nepean fan ?

I believe 50% of your predictions will come true.

Nepean Raiders in 6 vs Smiths Falls Bears is wishful thinking. In fact, on the verge of fantasy land. I am a Raiders / Goulet fan, but we have to be realistic.

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010
Nepean fan ?

I believe 50% of your predictions will come true.

Nepean Raiders in 6 vs Smiths Falls Bears is wishful thinking. In fact, on the verge of fantasy land. I am a Raiders / Goulet fan, but we have to be realistic.

I'm just a JR B fan whos team is beat out. I'm just going on SF past history in playoffs. Besides that instead of criticizing my predictions why don't you make some of your own

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
I'm just a JR B fan whos team is beat out. I'm just going on SF past history in playoffs. Besides that instead of criticizing my predictions why don't you make some of your own

Welcome to the CCHL board.

I did not intend to criticize, it was only my thoughts. But you are right.

CPC will roll over the 73's in 4.
SMF will dominate the Raiders in 5
The Colts are going to battle OJS- win it 6
PLK will take the Braves in 6

Of course I am a Colt's fan. However, the Colt's match up well with OJS. If you look at the OJS / Colts games this year they were all close. OJS did not dominate the Colts and this could be the closest first round match-up. PLK and the Braves series will be good too.

Last edited:

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Welcome to the CCHL board.

I did not intend to criticize, it was only my thoughts. But you are right.

CPC will roll over the 73's in 4.
SMF will dominate the Raiders in 5
The Colts are going to battle OJS- win it 6
PLK will take the Braves in 6

Of course I am a Colt's fan. However, the Colt's match up well with OJS. If you look at the OJS / Colts games this year they were all close. OJS did not dominate the Colts and this could be the closest first round match-up. PLK and the Braves series will be good too.

CP vs KEM - CP in 5
SF vs NEP - SF in 5
OTT vs CRN - OTT in 6
Pem vs BRK - PEM 5

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
The Real Season!

CP vs KEM - CP in 4
SF vs NEP - SF in 4
OTT vs CRN - CRN in 6
Pem vs BRK - PEM 4

Good, I hope Smith Falls is reading this blog, they will expect to win in 4.
No chance.
4 game sweeps are rare, not happening. Smith Falls vs. Nepean will go 6 or 7 games.
P. Goulet sat Hodgson, Williams, Watt, Herlihey, Vered, Smith, Ferras etc. the last week. Nepean played smith Falls close all year. Nepean's key players have lot's of playoff experience, winning experience. Nepean's goaltending is as good a it gets in this league. Let the real season begin!
CPC in 5
Nep in 7
Ott in 6
Pem in 6

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Good, I hope Smith Falls is reading this blog, they will expect to win in 4.
No chance.
4 game sweeps are rare, not happening. Smith Falls vs. Nepean will go 6 or 7 games.
P. Goulet sat Hodgson, Williams, Watt, Herlihey, Vered, Smith, Ferras etc. the last week. Nepean played smith Falls close all year. Nepean's key players have lot's of playoff experience, winning experience. Nepean's goaltending is as good a it gets in this league. Let the real season begin!
CPC in 5
Nep in 7
Ott in 6
Pem in 6

It is a new season and you need more than elite goaltending. I believe there are a number of Raiders players that are "banged up". It may be an issue of health.
It will be another interesting series to watch. Let the games begin !

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
It is a new season and you need more than elite goaltending. I believe there are a number of Raiders players that are "banged up". It may be an issue of health.
It will be another interesting series to watch. Let the games begin !

Even healthy Nepean will have difficulty extending it beyond 5 games

12Watch

Aug 28, 2013
Playoff predictions

CP vs KEM - CP in 4
SF vs NEP - SF in 5
OTT vs CRN - OTT in 6
Pem vs BRK - BRK 7

jumpingjacks67

Jun 23, 2013
CP over Kmpv in 4
SF over Nep in 6
Ott over Crnw in 6
Pem over Bkv in 6

the upset will be in the second round.

CP over Kempt in 4
SF over Nepean 4
Ott ver Crnw 5
Pem over Brock 7

I don't believe Nepean or Cornwall will bring very much in either series.
Yes I believe the upset is in second round

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
CP over Kempt in 4
SF over Nepean 4
Ott ver Crnw 5
Pem over Brock 7

I don't believe Nepean or Cornwall will bring very much in either series.
Yes I believe the upset is in second round

As a Colt's fan I am hoping for a better result than you and others on the HF Board have predicted. I do believe it will be one of the closer first round series.

I agree that the Ottawa Jr. Sens have a number of valuable offensive players and they have scored 4.1 goals per game during the regular season. However, if Cornwall can get healthy it should be a good series. It appears that the Colts match-up well against the Sens.

Just so you know, this is the results for the Cornwall Colts vs. Ottawa Jr. Sens 2013-2014

Friday August 30......Cornwall Colts 1 .............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............L
Thursday Oct 10 ......Cornwall Colts 5.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............W
Wednesday Oct 16....Cornwall Colts 4.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 2............W
Thursday Jan 16.......Cornwall Colts 1.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 1............W
Wednesday Jan 22....Cornwall Colts 2.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............OTL

Colts with 3 Wins 1 Loss 1 OTL and 14 GF and 13 GA

Notwithstanding, we all know that the Play-offs are a whole new season. Go COLTS Go !!!!!!

Last edited:

jumpingjacks67

Jun 23, 2013
As a Colt's fan I am hoping for a better result than you and others on the HF Board have predicted. I do believe it will be one of the closer first round series.

I agree that the Ottawa Jr. Sens have a number of valuable offensive players and they have scored 4.1 goals per game during the regular season. However, if Cornwall can get healthy it should be a good series. It appears that the Colts match-up well against the Sens.

Just so you know, this is the results for the Cornwall Colts vs. Ottawa Jr. Sens 2013-2014

Friday August 30......Cornwall Colts 1 .............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............L
Thursday Oct 10 ......Cornwall Colts 5.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............W
Wednesday Oct 16....Cornwall Colts 4.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 2............W
Thursday Jan 16.......Cornwall Colts 1.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 1............W
Wednesday Jan 22....Cornwall Colts 2.............Ottawa Jr. Sens 3............OTL

Colts with 3 Wins 1 Loss 1 OTL and 14 GF and 13 GA

Notwithstanding, we all know that the Play-offs are a whole new season. Go COLTS Go !!!!!!

Interesting stats Eddy but the problem for the Colts is they have only won 2 out of their last 9 so not firing on all cylynders going in I would think

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Interesting stats Eddy but the problem for the Colts is they have only won 2 out of their last 9 so not firing on all cylynders going in I would think

I cannot argue that one. However, there are have been some recent health issues and a short bench.

That being said, I believe the Colts have a chance against OJS. It is better match up than meeting the Smiths Falls Bears or the Pembroke Lumber Kings, at this time.

It is my opinion that the only thing lacking with PLK is experienced coaching in the CCHL. If the Kings get it together, Brockville will be in trouble and PLK will be in a position to challenge CPC.

Smiths Falls Bears looks good to go. I don't think my good friend Peter and his Raiders have a chance. It would be a major upset and SMF collapse.

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
Playoffs

CP vs KEM : CP in 4
I just don't see how Kemptville wins a game.

SF vs NEP : SF in 5
Maybe Nepean wins one on home ice, but that's it.

OTT vs COR : OTT in 7
I agree that this is the perfect matchup for the Colts as the Senators are not a physical team. However, not sure the Colts have enough offense to win the series.

BRO vs PEM : PEM in 6
Brockville will win a game or two, but the Lumber Kings have just more depth. Secondary scoring might be an issue for the Braves in this series.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
We have a winner !!!!

CP vs KEM : CP in 4
I just don't see how Kemptville wins a game.

SF vs NEP : SF in 5
Maybe Nepean wins one on home ice, but that's it.

OTT vs COR : OTT in 7
I agree that this is the perfect matchup for the Colts as the Senators are not a physical team. However, not sure the Colts have enough offense to win the series.

BRO vs PEM : PEM in 6
Brockville will win a game or two, but the Lumber Kings have just more depth. Secondary scoring might be an issue for the Braves in this series.

ding ding ding....we have a winner.

These predictions and analysis make the most sense.

And as a declared Colts fan I absolutely agree that this year we are challenged offensively. We do not win games by scoring a bunch of goals. We will have to contain OJS and limit their scoring opportunities. That will be the challenge. The Sens are good and they like to score goals....over 4 per game.

AliensPlayHockey

Jan 13, 2014
Might as well predict the whole run, why just settle on first round wild guesses.

Let's be real gamblers, I'm all in.

Round One

Carleton Place in 6 over Kemptville - 73's prevent a sweep thanks to the Canadians lack of discipline.

Smiths Falls in 5 - Raiders goalie steals one but that is all they can muster.

Cornwall in 7 - The Colts turn there misfortunes around after 2 losses and win a grueling matchup with the Sens.

Pembroke in 5 - Brockville wins the first of their home games but their constant trips to the penalty box buries their chances.

Round 2

Carleton Place in 6 over Cornwall - A tired Colts team manages to win 2, again, thanks to the lack of discipline by the Canadians.

Pembroke in 6 over Smiths Falls - What will probably be the best series of these playoffs, would love to see it go seven, but my money is on 6.

Finals

Pembroke in 6 over Carleton Place - Lack of discipline finally catches up with the Canadians, maybe next year Jason.

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
Kemptville looked surprisingly strong tonight despite losing. The game was a lot closer than it showed. Kemp hit CP and forced them at CP's blueline which stalled a bit of the offence but once CP broke through they would come down and either score on the rush or create a solid chance. Kemp looked solid for the first 1 1/2 periods but then they began to look tired from playing a more physical game. Hard to say if that same Kemp team will show up Thursday but having a game Friday as well I cannot see Kemp winning a game in this series. CP is too good off the rush for their d and smaller forwards.

Despite CP not having a discipline team they looked calm tonight even with a few after the whistle confrontations. If they can keep their heads after a game that Loney and McLean just having both terrible games reffing missing multiple calls and if this was a regular season game it could have been out of control. Hopefully these guys are not reffing the next few games or we could see some more rough stuff between the whistles.

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
Smith Falls clearly the better team last night. Nepean sat back and let smith falls skate past Center ice all night. Nepean tried to be physical but to little effect. Nepean's top line struggled, nagging injuries I think. All three goalies were good in this game.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Kemptville looked surprisingly strong tonight despite losing. The game was a lot closer than it showed. Kemp hit CP and forced them at CP's blueline which stalled a bit of the offence but once CP broke through they would come down and either score on the rush or create a solid chance. Kemp looked solid for the first 1 1/2 periods but then they began to look tired from playing a more physical game. Hard to say if that same Kemp team will show up Thursday but having a game Friday as well I cannot see Kemp winning a game in this series. CP is too good off the rush for their d and smaller forwards.

Despite CP not having a discipline team they looked calm tonight even with a few after the whistle confrontations. If they can keep their heads after a game that Loney and McLean just having both terrible games reffing missing multiple calls and if this was a regular season game it could have been out of control. Hopefully these guys are not reffing the next few games or we could see some more rough stuff between the whistles.

Not sure I would classify it as a terribly reffed game, could have called more on both sides but they let them play, typical of playoff hockey.

If anything CP got the more favorable calls when Loney evened it up when Sturtz went after a Kemptville player and a couple of weak calls in the third to put the 73;'s down 5 on 3 twice.
Overall it was an enjoyable game to watch.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad