CCHL 2013-2014 Season Part II

hockey91

Nov 3, 2013
If a player talks like a Goon, skates like a Goon, hits like a Goon, and hurts player(s) like a Goon...must be a Goon.

You have heard of free speech ?

This just in... a 2 game suspension.

Perhaps the league has not seen the photo of Trent's face. It is not good.

Disrespectful ?

I wonder how the Durocher family feels today.

Trent is a big guy but he always plays in control. Class act. I saw him fight once. It was not good for the opposing player. Elias should hope Trent does not return and sees PLK in the playoffs.

Elias does not hit from the front, he is a master of the "hit from behind".

There are a few GM's and head coaches questioning the "accident" and penalty. Some predicted a 10 game suspension.

What a joke. 2 games at the end of a season is not a penalty at all. It will give the CPC "C" time to rest.

It is funny because I was sitting right where the hit happened and Durocher did catch an edge and trip as Ghantous was going in to hit him. Of course he was going to get suspended the league has to, same thing happened his year in the EO where Pearson hit Nugent and Nugent was hurt on the play. It was a complete accident where two players were battling and it ended wrong.

What you would not have seen on fasthockey was when Ghantous got kicked out but skated over to see Durocher as both of them were leaving the ice. I do not know what he said to him but I bet it wasn't anything stupid because the trainer did not react to it as if he did say something dumb.

From the games that I have watch this year of CPC, Ghantous has keep his head in the game and played within the rules. There has been multiple times that he could have fought other smaller players in the games I have watched but he has not. His size is what hurts him in this league any hit he makes a player either gets hurt or winded. I saw him just rub out a player and the player skated right to the bench but he was out next shift.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Congratulations to Jason Clarke and his Carleton Place Canadians for a record setting season. Breaking the old record of 52 wins in a season with their win today against the Hawksbury Hawks.

A phenomenal team and leader!!!

Congrats.

Jason Clarke has assembled, developed and coached a team to win the League, Fred Page Cup and on to win the RBC cup as Canada's # 1 Jr. A hockey team.

Very impressive.

Good luck.

John Deere

Apr 9, 2013
Congratulaions

Great job JC on a successful year. Keep everyone focused and this could be the year to go far in the playoffs.

You may have reasons to dislike JC but you also have to give him credit for building a team in 5 years that breaks a leagues wins record. I am sure there is a ton of scouting and travel to find kids with their talent. Koodos to JC and his whole group of assistants and scouts.

I agree with EDDY....Pembroke looks like the sleeper and has started to wake up. Will make for some great playoffs.

12Watch

Aug 28, 2013
Congrats to CPC

Definitely a huge season for CP. They have been consistantly the best team in this league all year long. The way things are looking right now, the only team that can beat them in a series is themselves.

Rangersfan21

Sep 17, 2011
Definitely a huge season for CP. They have been consistantly the best team in this league all year long. The way things are looking right now, the only team that can beat them in a series is themselves.

They have had a great season...but imo it is no guarantee for them to beat SMF or PEM

Jr A Fan

Dec 1, 2011
Congrats.

Jason Clarke has assembled, developed and coached a team to win the League, Fred Page Cup and on to win the RBC cup as Canada's # 1 Jr. A hockey team.

Very impressive.

Good luck.

OK, first time you've watched sport teams.???
Don't crown CP as an RBC Champion.
Remember PLK first run, ran away with the league, scored 6-8 goals a game, won the league, LOST the FRED PAGE.
CP, very good team, but.......There's a long way to go and there's the injury factor if they can stay healthy, other teams are not going to roll over....it's the playoffs, new season for all.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
It is funny because I was sitting right where the hit happened and Durocher did catch an edge and trip as Ghantous was going in to hit him. Of course he was going to get suspended the league has to, same thing happened his year in the EO where Pearson hit Nugent and Nugent was hurt on the play. It was a complete accident where two players were battling and it ended wrong.

What you would not have seen on fasthockey was when Ghantous got kicked out but skated over to see Durocher as both of them were leaving the ice. I do not know what he said to him but I bet it wasn't anything stupid because the trainer did not react to it as if he did say something dumb.

From the games that I have watch this year of CPC, Ghantous has keep his head in the game and played within the rules. There has been multiple times that he could have fought other smaller players in the games I have watched but he has not. His size is what hurts him in this league any hit he makes a player either gets hurt or winded. I saw him just rub out a player and the player skated right to the bench but he was out next shift.

You may want to take off those rose colored glasses.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
Looking at the possible standings it is quite possible that SF will have less punishing route to the finals than CP. If Ottawa wins 2 out of 3, they will get 3rd and Pembroke 4th.

It could easily set-up that SF plays Nepean or Cornwall then Ottawa. None of these teams are all that physical.

CP is starting with Kemptville, then probably gets Pembroke. IMO both these teams play a lot more physical style of play than SF's likely opponents meaning it could be a tougher physical route to the final for CP. CP/Pembroke could easily be a long series.

IMO Brockville is a wildcard, they will probably give Ottawa a tough series and could make a physical semi for SF.

You have to have CP as the prohibitive favorite but I would not be surprised to see with SF or PLK win it either.

CCHLinsider

Aug 9, 2012
The Bears offense has been hot lately. Buonincontri has been on a tear, Natural goal scorer and will be a BIG threat for the Bears in the Playoffs. When Plouffee makes his return in PO'S it will be a very deep attack for the bears. IMO if Pembroke faces CP in the 2nd round, PEM will take that series in 6 games.

CoasttoCoast

Jul 3, 2012
Just about to start

Congrats.

Very impressive.

Good luck.

Hey I like CPC to win the league as well, but the Bogart trophy is awarded for the playoffs champs not the regular season finish. I don't think anyone could beat them but I also thought they would beat Cornwall in game 7 last year and win the Bogart against Nepean last year!
There will be a very good team from the MHL at the Fred Page Cup, one game show down's can go anyway. In a one game show down, national rankings mean 0.

Anyways, congrads to CPC, very impressive regular season.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
"From the games that I have watch this year of CPC, Ghantous has keep his head in the game and played within the rules. There has been multiple times that he could have fought other smaller players in the games I have watched but he has not. His size is what hurts him in this league any hit he makes a player either gets hurt or winded. I saw him just rub out a player and the player skated right to the bench but he was out next shift."

Then sir you did not see too many CPC games.

If this incident was the first time, OK, it was an "accident" and everyone kiss and make up.

Elias size ? 6 ft. 214 lbs.

Trent is listed at 6 ft 5" and 210 lbs.

Trent plays in control in 235 CCHL games he has a TOTAL of 93 PIM.

"Captain Courageous" has 101 PIM in 54 games this year and that excludes his suspensions.

He likes the "hit from behind" and "hit to the head" when the opposing player doesn't see it coming. This player is too soft to challenge face to face.

The reality is Mr. Ghantous is a repeat and dangerous offender and I hope he doesn't disable some kid in the playoffs.

jumpingjacks67

Jun 23, 2013
I was at Fridays game with a friend and we both thought the hit was a bit unfortunate that the PLK player stumbled just before but none the less it was illegal. CPC has a very strong team but as others say they are not a lock to win. If you watch their body language it is not positive, players racing to ref to try and get points after goals, staying out on ice far too long, penalty killers not the strongest, top line not keen on back checking but they did have a great season. Playoffs are a different beast and when getting outshot at home is not a good thing. I don't think you can intimidate them as their power play is very strong but to me PLK may be their stumbling block if any. They don't look to be a close knit team as PLK or SF does.
Time will tell!

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
CP vs Kemptville Playoff Schedule posted, it goes Tues/Thur/Fri/Sun/Tues/Fri/Sun. Kemptville seem to have fallen off a little lately since clinching a playoff spot, been missing a few players, be interesting to see how they do, they have had close games with CP all season with the Canadians winning them all. CP is obviously a big favorite.

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
CPC - 73's playoff schedule

CP vs Kemptville Playoff Schedule posted, it goes Tues/Thur/Fri/Sun/Tues/Fri/Sun. Kemptville seem to have fallen off a little lately since clinching a playoff spot, been missing a few players, be interesting to see how they do, they have had close games with CP all season with the Canadians winning them all. CP is obviously a big favorite.

With respect to the CPC - 73's playoff schedule, I am surprised the League did not simply post a 4 game schedule.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
With respect to the CPC - 73's playoff schedule, I am surprised the League did not simply post a 4 game schedule.

Because its the best out of 7....oh sorry i thought maybe you didnt realize that. All series in each round are best of 7 in the CCHL.

Me Me

Sep 13, 2010
If a player talks like a Goon, skates like a Goon, hits like a Goon, and hurts player(s) like a Goon...must be a Goon.

You have heard of free speech ?

This just in... a 2 game suspension.

Perhaps the league has not seen the photo of Trent's face. It is not good.

Disrespectful ?

I wonder how the Durocher family feels today.

Trent is a big guy but he always plays in control. Class act. I saw him fight once. It was not good for the opposing player. Elias should hope Trent does not return and sees PLK in the playoffs.

Elias does not hit from the front, he is a master of the "hit from behind".

There are a few GM's and head coaches questioning the "accident" and penalty. Some predicted a 10 game suspension.

What a joke. 2 games at the end of a season is not a penalty at all. It will give the CPC "C" time to rest.

well I think the league is a joke. A guy gets hit open ice and CP sends it in and depending on what team it is the player get's four games and then the one that was hit comes out next shift. This was a bad hit and second offence the people looking at the video should have glass on and if it was any other team's player he would of gotten more games. Does anyone agree with that.

hawxfan

Sep 20, 2012
Hahahahaha. Thanks !

It is sad. Some people require an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes.

Clearly, you are not one of them.

And some people sit in there parents basements all day and post crap on the internet, clearly you are one of them

eddyshack

Apr 30, 2011
Eastern Ontario
And some people sit in there parents basements all day and post crap on the internet, clearly you are one of them

Relax. Just having some fun.

You should know that my parents kicked me out of the house many many years ago. And there was no Internet, blogs, chat rooms or forums of this kind.

Last edited:

12Watch

Aug 28, 2013
Erik "Downtown" Brown

Funny how the Braves Rookie GM didn't think Erik Brown was good enough to crack the braves top 6 forwards. Erik is having one hell of a season at Kemptville and while the Braves were looking for some secondary scoring prior to King coming along they certainly could have used Brown. Scratching my head on that one...good on the kid.

Tarzan

May 23, 2010
Funny how the Braves Rookie GM didn't think Erik Brown was good enough to crack the braves top 6 forwards. Erik is having one hell of a season at Kemptville and while the Braves were looking for some secondary scoring prior to King coming along they certainly could have used Brown. Scratching my head on that one...good on the kid.

No doubt he has net presence. But you must consider that he has had plenty of help. There are several good set up men on that team with Seatter, Galasso, Blais and a few others that grind pucks out of the corners. Good team effort in KV

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
No doubt he has net presence. But you must consider that he has had plenty of help. There are several good set up men on that team with Seatter, Galasso, Blais and a few others that grind pucks out of the corners. Good team effort in KV

A good breakout season for Brown, in last night's game he was playing with Disipio and Row, but he was not the only one on 73's to breakout this season. Kemptville does have a balanced offense with 6 players at 40pts or more plus Seatter, Tugnutt & Hendsbee who might have hit that level if they had played full season's. Only 20 year old in that group is Giberson so they have the potential to have a very strong group of forwards next season when they are all a year older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad