GDT: CBJ vs. VAN

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
@smitchcd: #CBJ RW Derek Dorsett suffered a fractured clavicle and will likely miss the rest of the season.

That sucks. Hopefully Anisimov is ok too. He was favoring a leg (right?) in the overtime. Once he got hurt he never left the bench but I don't think he took another shift for the rest of OT. He even skated slowly back onto the ice after the rest of the team for the goal celebration.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Tonite I was with a friend that I always bring to one game every season. His comment: "That is the best Jackets team I have every seen".

If this keeps up, Richards is going to keep his job. Let's face it, the Jackets have got something going right now. I would not rule out sweeping the Wings. TR has these guys playing like demons out there.
Even my friend who, as I said sees one game a year and is not very hockey-knowledgeable, said the compete level was very noticeable.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Florida has allowed 90 goals in 24 games

Sz0Uv.gif

(Defensive) Coach Gord Murphy really has his work cut out for him down there. :amazed:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tonite I was with a friend that I always bring to one game every season. His comment: "That is the best Jackets team I have every seen".

If this keeps up, Richards is going to keep his job. Let's face it, the Jackets have got something going right now. I would not rule out sweeping the Wings. TR has these guys playing like demons out there.
Even my friend who, as I said sees one game a year and is not very hockey-knowledgeable, said the compete level was very noticeable.

They are playing at 100% of their talent level.... I too give credit to Richards...

That said, there is a lot of hockey to be played, we will see...

Oh, one last comment on the Calvert goal, after several looks at the tapes it was a no-look goal... Calvert was faking the look to pass but knew he was going to shoot as soon as Schnieder moved to his the right... I call that a veteran type skill goal! He nailed the top right corner of the open net.... When the goalie is moving to his right shoot to his left. :)

Nice work Matt....

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Too bad about Dorsett. He plays with so much heart, but he's gotta be smarter than running towards the net every time. It was the same thing when he had that horrible-looking leg injury.

What about Umberger? When he's working hard he's hard to stop along the boards. Let's hope he doesn't fall back on his paychecks again.

calvert played like he was covered in butter on his OT goal. haha

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Just watched TSN game recap. When did they stop doing the rogue cop "Officer Bobrovsky" thing? You know, "You're off the case Bobrovsky!"?

Tonight would have been appropriate for it, he was stalwart.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
They are playing at 100% of their talent level.... I too give credit to Richards...

That said, there is a lot of hockey to be played, we will see...

Oh, one last comment on the Calvert goal, after several looks at the tapes it was a no-look goal... Calvert was faking the look to pass but knew he was going to shoot as soon as Schnieder moved to his the right... I call that a veteran type skill goal! He nailed the top right corner of the open net.... When the goalie is moving to his right shoot to his left. :)

Nice work Matt....

Ehh it was more that when he looked up prospal(I think it was) was right in front of him and no point in passing it, and he has his head down when he shot it, kinda lucky, but it's more muscle memory than anything... someone's been putting in extra hours!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ehh it was more that when he looked up prospal(I think it was) was right in front of him and no point in passing it, and he has his head down when he shot it, kinda lucky, but it's more muscle memory than anything... someone's been putting in extra hours!

Calvert also was able to walk right in because the Canucks messed up coverage. Henrik Sedin and the defenceman both covered the other Jacket forward and let Calvert go in alone.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Tough luck for DD. Guy can drive you crazy at times but he has been playing well and is a spark plug. Hope he has a successful recovery.

Bob looked good again.

I was wondering about who would sit when Dubi is back, looks like its a non-issue now.

So who do we like at the 7th pick? (can't decide on proper emoticon)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Bob stole 2 points for us.
We were careless with the puck, gave up (it seemed like to me) a lot of golden opportunities that Vancouver didn't capitalize on. But Bob was amazing. He's hot right now.
But again the problem is that is how we almost have to win. Despite what we've done recently (generally the team is scoring more goals than normal) we need to win a lot of 3-2, 2-1 type of games. Until recently neither tender was playign well enough to win many of those.
Hate to see that happen to DD. Good guy and he is one of the leaders on the team.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
We were careless with the puck, gave up (it seemed like to me) a lot of golden opportunities that Vancouver didn't capitalize on. But Bob was amazing. He's hot right now.
But again the problem is that is how we almost have to win. Despite what we've done recently (generally the team is scoring more goals than normal) we need to win a lot of 3-2, 2-1 type of games. Until recently neither tender was playign well enough to win many of those.
Hate to see that happen to DD. Good guy and he is one of the leaders on the team.

Why such a David-Downer?
We won! :stanley::cheers:
Bobo was good. :yo:
And we continue to see 734th Rounder Matt Calvert become the kind of player we've sorely needed. :handclap:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

Bob was great, yes we made mistakes, Prout in particular had a rough 1st period, but he bounced back well. Johnson's give away late was notable. Vancouver is good, very good in the other team's end, and this played no small part in our problems last night. But we leaned on our goalie when we had to and he came up big for us, thats how good teams win sometimes. Joey, Nick and RJ were in beast mode last night.

Great win, hope it wasn't too costly (Dorsett, Anisimov?).

Hoping for lottery luck, because this team isn't finishing last this season.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Tough luck for DD. Guy can drive you crazy at times but he has been playing well and is a spark plug. Hope he has a successful recovery.

Bob looked good again.

I was wondering about who would sit when Dubi is back, looks like its a non-issue now.

So who do we like at the 7th pick? (can't decide on proper emoticon)

Shinkaruk! Calvert Johansen Shinkaruk Murray Johnson...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Food for thought after last night.

Most of the Western Conference is playing .500 hockey. The CBJ have a winning record at home. A good chunk of upcoming games are at home.

IF the CBJ go 6-3-3 in their next 12 games prior the trade deadline they would have 35 points. If a good chunk of the west continues playing .500 hockey over the next 3 weeks, I'm taking a guess that 8th place could be sitting at @ 38 points.

I don't see the CBJ as buyers so would they ride it out and not be sellers if the playoffs seem within reason or would they continue to be sellers?

My vote would be that we would still be sellers due to the large number of April road games and their poor road record. I think the only thing that would change that would be if we somehow went on a huge tear and we actually in the top 8 by the deadline, which I don't see happening.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Urban and his son getting the tour last night. Gotta love the cross promotion.

857696_10151347763338918_1378270168_o.jpg

I could care less about the Buckeyes, but good on Urban for this. I saw him on the telecast last night as well. Get his boy on the ice Vinny.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00