GDT: CBJ vs. VAN

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I could care less if we draft #1 right now. I am so tired of losing. With Jarmo drafting, he WILL find good players. This draft is sooooo deep there is talent everywhere. Let Johannsen develop into a #1 center. Get him some scoring wingers on either side. We don't need to draft #1 to get talent. part of changing the culture is to win. So let's celebrate winning. It would be a nice change

I'm thinking JD and JK will be considering some trades as much as drafting... Let’s face it, they know the history here and they know winning sooner than later is key to making this organization profitable...

I expect some decent trades as well as draft picks in the near future...

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
With the loss by Florida, the CBJ are now out of the league basement at the halfway point.

Florida has allowed 90 goals in 24 games

Sz0Uv.gif

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
I couple of guys look slow/sore and didn't quite play up to their best but no one looked like they took the game off. I can cheer for all hustle, all the time.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Will wonders never cease? I just heard the guys on nhl tonight give us what approached a compliment!?!

BTW, to all those fretting about the first overall please don't. As long as we pick in the top 4 we have a shot at a superstar, and that isn't even counting Jarmo's draft ability or the lottery.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I could care less if we draft #1 right now. I am so tired of losing. With Jarmo drafting, he WILL find good players. This draft is sooooo deep there is talent everywhere. Let Johannsen develop into a #1 center. Get him some scoring wingers on either side. We don't need to draft #1 to get talent. part of changing the culture is to win. So let's celebrate winning. It would be a nice change

I agree. But I had begun to figure on a top pick, and am still convinced that's the best thing. So I'm still conflicted. But winning is so good.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I forgot about him and the Memorial Cup. What is nice to see is that this kid started the season on the 4th line, the energy line, and now is one of our better top line players. Injured last year, it is nice to see him pick up where he left off two years ago.

Agree, I was simply cleaning my plate in public in case someone reads posts from two or three years ago...

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I agree. But I had begun to figure on a top pick, and am still convinced that's the best thing. So I'm still conflicted. But winning is so good.

I figured on a # 1 pick too, but I will NOT root for my team to lose (and I know you don't either). As we saw last year, just because we have the worst record does not mean we get the # 1 pick. Hey, with JD and Jarmo running this team, wouldn't it be nice to make a playoff run, and with long odds, GET the #1 pick? No one can predict how we will fare in a lottery. So let's win all we can, and try to make this a memorable season.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I know it's probably already been said here, but that play by Matty... WOW! The finish was nice, but the play with the puck beforehand was impressive. Such poise by the youngster!

No longer the worst team in the league.

jacketsinDC

Mar 8, 2011
Seattle
just finished watching it. now there's a defense that wins games! really outworked them and won because of it. I hope neither of anisimov and johan leave/get traded because with better wingers they will break out.

M A K A V E L I*

Highlights if you want to watch them. Has both of your goals.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Even if we draft 5-10 we're still getting a pretty high quality forward. Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Nichuskin, Monahan, Mantha, Domi. Or even a Dman, Pulock or Morrissey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad