GDT: CBJ vs Minnesota: 90s Throwback Night

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
First impressions. Had a chance to show he was a team player and help the organization and was a no show. Werenski had the same option and chose to help out. Big difference in character.
Yeah I’m not saying it was a good move by Elvis or anything like that, but I don’t think he was looking to go from Lugano to supplanting Bob/Korpi which is what I felt was being implied. I just don’t think he wanted to play in the AHL.

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
I don't understand the Elvis sickness thing. If he legit has such an ongoing sickness, he should be put back on IR and get it addressed

I think the organization is covering something up.

He still had his jaw wired from his video where he was told he mad the all star game. I think another 2 weeks is 6 weeks since the injury.
I hate to even speculate but I can’t help but think he’s got something chronic. Kinda building a track record of leaving games ill.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Yeah I’m not saying it was a good move by Elvis or anything like that, but I don’t think he was looking to go from Lugano to supplanting Bob/Korpi which is what I felt was being implied. I just don’t think he wanted to play in the AHL.
I looked at it is it was a good chance for him to showcase his talent, and show he was about playing to win. He was going to the playoffs, and honestly, if he had done well there, it may have expedited his chance at starting off as the No.1. It wasn't like he was going to the AHL because he was being sent down.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So far the DMen are having even more difficulty than usual with their passes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We need breakout options to push the opposing D back. We're so low that the opposing D is confident to pinch on every breakout attempt, taking away any options. Failed breakout after failed breakout after failed breakout.

Reactions: aRussian

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We need breakout options to push the opposing D back. We're so low that the opposing D is confident to pinch on every breakout attempt, taking away any options. Failed breakout after failed breakout after failed breakout.
I havent been watching yet but this is not an uncommon theme. Nice to neuter 2 players on our top line who love to play with speed. What ever happened to that brief period of time Johnny was flying the zone and getting a breakaway a game or atleast making the D respect that option

Reactions: majormajor

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I don't know how our coach looks at Boqvist on the PP and doesn't make him the full time PPQB

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
It's the NHL so everyone was elite growing up but Roslovic plays like he would have been the sickest youth hockey player.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No I don’t. Please refresh my memory? The only thing I remember him doing was refusing to play for Cleveland when he first got over here during the CBJ-TB/BOS series’.

The next year Korpisalo “won” the Job to start game 1, and then Elvis struggled out of the gate for a while and considered going back to Latvia and was really hard on himself. Then Korpisalo got hurt and Elvis got hot. Then Covid happened.

Am I missing something?
I’m getting the popcorn ready. This should be fun!

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
My feed has Wes Walz as their guy; still hate him for the pants goal. Some BS. It’s a grudge I’ve chosen to hold onto

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad