Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sergei Ivanov just stopped 36 of 37 vs the top team in their conference and the second highest scoring team in the entire league. He was a statistical clunker in his last two appearances stopping 22 of 26 so this was a nice bounce back for him.

Still top five in the league in Save Percentage.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Sergei Ivanov just stopped 36 of 37 vs the top team in their conference and the second highest scoring team in the entire league. He had a statistical clunker in his last game so nice bounce back for him.

Still top five in league in Save Percentage.
2025 can’t come soon enough. Incredible numbers so far.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Swiss-A and National League are the same thing

That is also not true. A leagues are the 3rd tier junior leagues. Thürkauf actually played a few games in those leagues. Confusingly, the higher tier leagues used to have an "A" at the end as well but that was changed many years ago. I think the pro leagues "lost" their A like 8 years ago and the junior leagues about 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That is also not true. A leagues are the 3rd tier junior leagues. Thürkauf actually played a few games in those leagues. Confusingly, the higher tier leagues used to have an "A" at the end as well but that was changed many years ago. I think the pro leagues "lost" their A like 8 years ago and the junior leagues about 4 years ago.
I think you guys are fighting over semantics. Thurkauf is playing in the top Swiss League but generally speaking it is not nearly as highly rated as the other top Euro leagues. According to THW The Hockey Writers, it goes

NHL
KHL
Swedish SHL
Finnish Liiga
Czech Extraliiga
Swiss NL
German DEL
AHL
NCAA
Canadian Juniors (OHL specifically)

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
1706121033580.jpeg

1706121047908.jpeg

The top league in Switzerland, (whatever you want to call it) is not a good league.

Calling the top league in Switzerland (and tbh the only relevant league they have) the Swiss league on a message board doesn’t sound outlandish to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
View attachment 809456
View attachment 809457
The top league in Switzerland, (whatever you want to call it) is not a good league.

Calling the top league in Switzerland (and tbh the only relevant league they have) the Swiss league on a message board doesn’t sound outlandish to me.

You were just confusing the NL with both the SL and 3rd tier junior leagues but are still pretending to know all about the league? You made my day, that's for sure.

It's okay to admit it if you don't have a clue. I don't have time to follow all the leagues across the world either.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
You were just confusing the NL with both the SL and 3rd tier junior leagues but are still pretending to know all about the league? You made my day, that's for sure.
Dude :facepalm:

The top Swiss league isn’t very good compared to the other pro leagues! That’s all I said. You’re being pedantic for no reason, when my point is very clear.

If you think I care about or watch the 2nd tier leagues in Swiss you’d be mistaken.

From Habs Prospect thread:
1706123396968.png

Seems like you just love to be pedantic about it tbh.

If you’re Swiss I’m sorry.
I never felt that Thurkauf got a fair shot in Columbus, but I don’t think a solind year in Switzerland does much to increase his value, especially given his age.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dude :facepalm:

The top Swiss league isn’t very good compared to the other pro leagues! That’s all I said. You’re being pedantic for no reason, when my point is very clear.

If you think I care about or watch the 2nd tier leagues in Swiss you’d be mistaken.

From Habs Prospect thread:
View attachment 809498
Seems like you just love to be pedantic about it tbh.

If you’re Swiss I’m sorry.

Well, if you don't have a clue then my advice would be to not post at all. At least that's how I handle it. You're, of course, within the rules, free to post whatever you want...you shouldn't be upset if you're corrected and exposed though:laugh::popcorn:

• Love
Reactions: Cowumbus

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Mateychuk with a PP assist after sneaking down to the net creating a 2 on 1 down low. Almost had a goal on the previous rush

Looking very aggressive defensively. Jumping up causing chaos to create issues for the other team breaking out

8 shots through 2 periods. Missed part of the game because my daughter decided to through up on me :laugh:

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Ivanov with a 52 save performance
Sergei followed that up in a 5-3 win stopping 38 of 41. Amazingly that .927 Save Percentage for the game brought his season Save Percentage down.

It appears Sergei got smoked today though being pulled just a couple minutes into the third period after giving up four goals.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Sergei followed that up in a 5-3 win stopping 38 of 41. Amazingly that .927 Save Percentage for the game brought his season Save Percentage down.

It appears Sergei got smoked today though being pulled just a couple minutes into the third period after giving up four goals.
encouraging that he has good stats on a terrible team at least.

Reactions: Doggy

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Mateychuk is back to being assertive and aggressive this year. Team kept fumbling the puck in its own end so Mateychuk basically said let me handle it and skated it up the ice and created a good chance for himself. Also positive he made a move to get himself a shot vs looking for someone else

Firkus-Savoie-Mateychuk look like the globetrotters on the ice but in a good way. Not too cute but can do almost whatever they want out there

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ill also say Rysavy doesnt always show up on the scoresheet but I notice him every time I watch MJ. I get hes an overager but still a positive on a team that relies on its top players so much

Reactions: ColumbusTrill

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Red Deer commentator said "for my money Mateychuk is the best defenseman in the WHL" Id say they are easily correct. Definitely on another level in that league.

I missed the 1st where he had 1G 1A but its only been 5min into the 2nd and hes been all over the place in a good way

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Red Deer commentator said "for my money Mateychuk is the best defenseman in the WHL" Id say they are easily correct. Definitely on another level in that league.

I missed the 1st where he had 1G 1A but its only been 5min into the 2nd and hes been all over the place in a good way
It’s going to be interesting to see how the D+1 year ends up impacting the long term development of Mateychuk vs Korchinski. Obviously not the same, but it reminds me a bit of Provorov and Werenski. Where the two will be compared ad nauseam. At least coming out of the WHL, while different players, I think you could say the ceilings were close.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It’s going to be interesting to see how the D+1 year ends up impacting the long term development of Mateychuk vs Korchinski. Obviously not the same, but it reminds me a bit of Provorov and Werenski. Where the two will be compared ad nauseam. At least coming out of the WHL, while different players, I think you could say the ceilings were close.
I mean I liked Mateychuk much more than Korchinski to begin with. Hopefully hes compared more to Mintyukov.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
I mean I liked Mateychuk much more than Korchinski to begin with. Hopefully hes compared more to Mintyukov.
Team Canada, LHD, Rebuilds, not talking about who I liked more… (tbh I don’t even remember at this point)
Anyway, that’s not the point. Compare him to either.

It’s going to be interesting to see if Mateychuk’s assimilation is noticeably different than the other similarly ranked D, due to having the extra year in juniors.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Team Canada, LHD, Rebuilds, not talking about who I liked more… (tbh I don’t even remember at this point)
Anyway, that’s not the point. Compare him to either.

It’s going to be interesting to see if Mateychuk’s assimilation is noticeably different than the other similarly ranked D, due to having the extra year in juniors.
Certainly wont hurt, especially with how good and evolved Mateychuk has looked this year. Also unlike Chicago I doubt the team will just be like heres 20 minutes a night kid on a garbage team, sink or swim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad