Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
schittzky... so sorry to hear this about Vlad Gavrikov.. that really stinks that he was hurt effectively in the off season. Get better big man, we need your steady presence.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Welp there goes depth we had to get a forward. I'm now in stand pat mode. No Gavrikov no Murray trade.

CBJfan44

Mar 13, 2015
Kolesar is playing on the NHL Network in the Memorial Cup. Seattle lost yesterday to Erie.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Kolesar is playing on the NHL Network in the Memorial Cup. Seattle lost yesterday to Erie.
And they're losing pretty badly again tonight to Windsor.

It just seems like they're just not up to par with these OHL teams. Windsor didn't get anywhere in the playoffs, but they did win 41 regular season games.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
And they're losing pretty badly again tonight to Windsor.

It just seems like they're just not up to par with these OHL teams. Windsor didn't get anywhere in the playoffs, but they did win 41 regular season games.

They are also extremely rested and playing in front of a home crowd every night. Seattle does have 1 beastly line and then some good but not great players sprinkled throughout. Really rely on their goalie but Bear being hurt takes away his shot and a lot of options for the way they play offense with crashing the net and outmuscling other teams.
Windsor is really exceeding my expectations so far. Beating the Sea Dogs and then dismantling Seattle but its not unheard of and shouldnt be ruled out when the host team usually loads up at the deadline and dont really know each other and the time off allowed them to be rested and healed but maybe even more importantly just all be together for some time and get lots of practice time

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Welp there goes depth we had to get a forward. I'm now in stand pat mode. No Gavrikov no Murray trade.

This guy wasn't going to step in and be super man. We still have enough depth at the NHL level to move Murray. Sheesh, talk about overreaction to a prospect spraining his knee (a 4-6 week injury...)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Gavrikov was easily a better player, than Provorov at WHC. Of course he isn't a match to Provorov offensively, but his defensive play was like on another level. Yeah, he's 13.5 months older, but he didn't play a whole season in the NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
According to portzline, Gavrikov's agent says he will make his decision in a week

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
This guy wasn't going to step in and be super man. We still have enough depth at the NHL level to move Murray. Sheesh, talk about overreaction to a prospect spraining his knee (a 4-6 week injury...)
Oh I didn't know it was only a month or 2... they made it seem like ACL or MCL which would mean a while. And it's not saying he will be superman... 6th D isn't superman. But say JJ goes in the draft and Gav is hurt. That means Werenski Jones Savard Murray Nutivaara Harrington Carlson. I don't trust Harrington. If we trade Murray we don't have a suitable 7th D and God forbid any injuries. So much depth but losing a guy or 2 and that depth is back to bare bones.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Oh I didn't know it was only a month or 2... they made it seem like ACL or MCL which would mean a while. And it's not saying he will be superman... 6th D isn't superman. But say JJ goes in the draft and Gav is hurt. That means Werenski Jones Savard Murray Nutivaara Harrington Carlson. I don't trust Harrington. If we trade Murray we don't have a suitable 7th D and God forbid any injuries. So much depth but losing a guy or 2 and that depth is back to bare bones.

I've only been saying this since the Murray trades started popping up. You cant assume any of Nuutivaara, Carlsson and Gavrikov are going to be serviceable nhl player. But they could just as easily break through and dominate.

It's a really tricky situation and I think the best option is to wait until one of them forces their way into the lineup. Unless a deal that you can't pass comes along. But that's not likely to happen

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I've only been saying this since the Murray trades started popping up. You cant assume any of Nuutivaara, Carlsson and Gavrikov are going to be serviceable nhl player. But they could just as easily break through and dominate.

It's a really tricky situation and I think the best option is to wait until one of them forces their way into the lineup. Unless a deal that you can't pass comes along. But that's not likely to happen

Nuuti is clearly a serviceable NHL player. The kid showed he belongs in my opinion. If his injury did happen earlier in the year then even more kudos to him.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nuuti is clearly a serviceable NHL player. The kid showed he belongs in my opinion. If his injury did happen earlier in the year then even more kudos to him.

He was a rookie. Anything can happen. The only sophomore locks are Werenski and Anderson. I don't think he's a lock unless Murray is moved or Johnson is taken, otherwise it's his spot to lose. Whose to say Carlsson or Gavrikov won't outperform Nuuti? There's 3 kids fighting for 1 spot.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
werenski Jones
? Savard
Murray ?

Pretty sure JMFJ is going to be gone via ED to LVN
Quincy hasn't been retained

that leaves Nuti, Carlsson, Kukan, Harrington, possibly Vlad Gavrikov

so 4 guys fighting for 2 spots? I think Nuti fills in with Murray.. imo he was pretty good this past rookie season

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
werenski Jones
? Savard
Murray ?

so 4 guys fighting for 2 spots? I think Nuti fills in with Murray.. imo he was pretty good this past rookie season

If JJ is indeed gone I would be a fan of:

Murray-Jones
Werenski-Savard
and then add a vet or honestly I wouldnt be upset watching Carlsson-Nuti or if Gavrikov comes over that would make me even less nervous of watching a young pair

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Stenlund signed to an ELC. Portzline says expect him to stay at least one more year in sweden

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
werenski Jones
? Savard
Murray ?

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Savard
Carlsson-Nutivaara
Harrington

I like this D group. But the bottom pairing/7th D are quite inexperienced. Maybe we go after a veteran bottom pairing guy in free agency. Oduya?

That D Corps as a whole is rather inexperienced and an injury to Jones or Savard hurts us big time. I think it'd be a wise investment getting a guy who can play bottom pairing but also slot into top 4 in emergency cases a la Quincey.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
What side was Q? Maybe a 1 year higher then market salary would give him a reason to do a 1 year deal. All this thread is doing is showing me why we need to hope Karlsson goes to LV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad