Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Stenlund matched his last year points total. But it reversed now was 13-7-20, this year 7-13-20.
They have 4 games left in RS, and then i think they will quickly lose in play in, and he's free. (He plays like he packed his bags already, in those 3 games after Olympic break.)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stenlund matched his last year points total. But it reversed now was 13-7-20, this year 7-13-20.
They have 4 games left in RS, and then i think they will quickly lose in play in, and he's free. (He plays like he packed his bags already, in those 3 games after Olympic break.)
Weird, didn't Wennberg do that too? Like his last year in Sweden he scored a bunch of goals and people were like, wait what?

Edit: 13/14 season he scored 19 goals and had 9 assists...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Weird, didn't Wennberg do that too? Like his last year in Sweden he scored a bunch of goals and people were like, wait what?

Edit: 13/14 season he scored 19 goals and had 9 assists...
3rd line and 1st line difference? Idk that team is torture to watch, can't wait when his season is over and i won't have to anymore. :)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So he can come over after, yeah?
Yes, gonna enjoy the beauty of Torts hockey over here. Wonder if he will able to do this before Anderson can come back, totally can fill his place, not that great skater but way too smarter. Last game is on March 10, then best of 3 play in and it's over. Don't think they will make it to playoffs.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I think one of the least talked about prospects of ours is Kale Howarth. Pretty sure I’ve saw his name mentioned on here at the most 5 times.

61 points in 44 games in the BCHL. Granted, he is an overager playing in a ‘not so competitive’ league. He’ll be headed to UCONN next season.. UCONN is pretty bad.. but who knows. He might turn out decent down the road. He has good size.. 6’5.. 207 lbs. left winger.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think one of the least talked about prospects of ours is Kale Howarth. Pretty sure I’ve saw his name mentioned on here at the most 5 times.

61 points in 44 games in the BCHL. Granted, he is an overager playing in a ‘not so competitive’ league. He’ll be headed to UCONN next season.. UCONN is pretty bad.. but who knows. He might turn out decent down the road. He has good size.. 6’5.. 207 lbs. left winger.

Don't get too excited.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I don't know anything about this guy, but I know that ECHL rosters are full of players who did well in the BCHL. But there are plenty of guys who have done well out of there. Check this out. Pretty impressive list:

26 BCHL alumni on NHL opening night rosters | Hockey Family Advisor

I saw UCONN play Miami earlier this year in Oxford OH. Y0u are correct. They are pretty bad. LOL

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Don't get too excited.

I gave two ‘hints’ about me tempering my “excitement”... read, my friend.. read.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I don't know anything about this guy, but I know that ECHL rosters are full of players who did well in the BCHL. But there are plenty of guys who have done well out of there. Check this out. Pretty impressive list:

I saw UCONN play Miami earlier this year in Oxford OH. Y0u are correct. They are pretty bad. LOL

There’s actually some good company on that list. Good find.

Fun fact: in the 17 drafts that we’ve had, we had only taken one player straight out of the BCHL before drafting Howarth... Justin Aikins.. 6th round pick in the 2001 draft.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
There’s actually some good company on that list. Good find.

Fun fact: in the 17 drafts that we’ve had, we had only taken one player straight out of the BCHL before drafting Howarth... Justin Aikins.. 6th round pick in the 2001 draft.

Who could forget Jusin Aikins:laugh: He played for one of the greatest-named teams in hockey.....The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.

Justin Aikins hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa

I wouldn't read anything into his numbers except that obviously in a weak league it's better to put up numbers than to not put up numbers. That said, he's huge and pretty quick for his size. I'm reserving all judgment until he gets to UConn. Kind of wish he was headed to a better program, honestly, but he should get playing time there at least.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I wouldn't read anything into his numbers except that obviously in a weak league it's better to put up numbers than to not put up numbers. That said, he's huge and pretty quick for his size. I'm reserving all judgment until he gets to UConn. Kind of wish he was headed to a better program, honestly, but he should get playing time there at least.

Wish he was headed to a better program too. He has already decomitted to one school (Northern Michigan), so it would look really bad for him to decommit from another school lol not that he was going to but just sayin.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I wouldn't put much into him, I think Tyler Bird had a similar statline in a lower league when we drafted him and he's been nothing.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Finished 5th in Hockey East this year, that's not bad. Had a long winning streak at the end of the year, they got much better as the year progressed.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Finished 5th in Hockey East this year, that's not bad. Had a long winning streak at the end of the year, they got much better as the year progressed.

They're in their 4th year of Hockey East. The jump from AHA to Hockey East is considerable. A 5th place finish is more than respectable.

I saw them in November IIRC. They didn't look very good vs. Miami, but that was early in the season. They obviously improved after that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Their top scorer is a Sharks draftee, so I pay a little bit more attention to them than most college teams, but I haven't followed as closely as I used to

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Their top scorer is a Sharks draftee, so I pay a little bit more attention to them than most college teams, but I haven't followed as closely as I used to

Their top scorer is Maxim Letunov.. he was taken in the 2nd round of the 2014 draft by the Blues.

You must be mistaking them for another team lol. They don’t have a single player drafted by SJS.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Their top scorer is Maxim Letunov.. he was taken in the 2nd round of the 2014 draft by the Blues.

You must be mistaking them for another team lol. They don’t have a single player drafted by SJS.

He was traded by St Louis and he is a Shark prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce