OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
We had a telescope with a safe filtered lens. The red flare around the edges at totality was WILD.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It was totally silent in my neighborhood. completely still and eerie. A perfect mix for me also timing the ending of Dark Side of the Moon with the peak of the eclipse.

• Love
Reactions: Monk

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It was totally silent in my neighborhood. completely still and eerie. A perfect mix for me also timing the ending of Dark Side of the Moon with the peak of the eclipse.

Was downtown on our rooftop and it was DEAD silent. No wind. No cars or birds....the hair on my arms stood up.

I just made it back home from work in Groveport and when I left at 230, there were 2 dozen black birds just circling a pond.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Nothing weird or remarkable about it here in Clintonville. I was home sick from work, so I was able to essentially lie in my front yard for an hour and watch the progression (my orange cat Travis laid with me the whole time). The darkness with its weird purpley cast was amazing, but I didn't notice any animals affected, including my cat. I felt very small. Would consider trying to get to Alaska in 2033 to see this again.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
IMG_8609.jpeg

I was up near Waldo for it. As someone else said, it got incredibly eerie before totality. The wind just stopped and got quiet. No animals making noise. Never experienced anything like it. You can also see a planet showing up in the bottom right corner.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
View attachment 848623

I was up near Waldo for it. As someone else said, it got incredibly eerie before totality. The wind just stopped and got quiet. No animals making noise. Never experienced anything like it. You can also see a planet showing up in the bottom right corner.
Per my daughter, whose photography also caught it, that's Venus.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad