OT: CBJ Lounge XX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Not exactly where to post this or if it even matters, but the Amazon fulfillment centers are hiring like crazy in Columbus right now. Full-time with full benefits. As long as you can stand for up to 10 hrs a day and lift 49 lbs, pass a background and drug test you basically have a job. I just got hired and figured I'd let everyone else know if someone needs work.

It seems to be really, really simple work, it's just long hours and mandatory OT during the busy seasons.

Neat, which one did you apply to? I'm thinking of going over to the Etna one to see what's up, I have 12+ years of warehouse experience in a variety of different areas in the operations, I hope they can offer me more than just the beginning rate

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
The housing market here, and in the rest of the U.S., is ridiculous right now. Undecided is real estate bubble or not

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yeah down here, houses are flying off the shelves too...debating if I just rent for a couple of years and wait for the bubble to burst again or not...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
yeah down here, houses are flying off the shelves too...debating if I just rent for a couple of years and wait for the bubble to burst again or not...

Personally, I would rent for awhile. I would be willing to take that gamble that housing will crater once again. Although, I am not sure the impact that subprime mortgages are having. I think it might be more of a supply/demand issue as people aren't as it seems like supply is lower and more people are looking to buy. I guess time will tell.

:popcorn:

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
Yeah the market is crazy right now. We were looking for awhile. Every time we saw a listing we liked we'd ask our realtor to set up a showing. She'd always come back with "Sorry it's already in contract."

We wanted our kids to so to Hilliard schools do it was really though. We got lucky and found a house in Galloway that's still in the Hilliard city school district. We went to the open house and put a bid in immediately.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
Quick question about traffic from locals.
I was in Columbus Wednesday night for the Real Madrid-PSG soccer game and traffic was a problem getting in and out of the Horseshoe (more than an hour to get out), heck it seemed like a lot of the highways around town that evening were jammed up.
Is traffic always like that for events at OSU (85,000+ people) or was it just it being the off-season the usual systems weren't 100% in place?

Not knocking Columbus, I love going there for games, conventions, etc..
Just wondering about Wednesday.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I was in Columbus Wednesday night for the Real Madrid-PSG soccer game and traffic was a problem getting in and out of the Horseshoe (more than an hour to get out), heck it seemed like a lot of the highways around town that evening were jammed up.
Is traffic always like that for events at OSU (85,000+ people) or was it just it being the off-season the usual systems weren't 100% in place?

That is usually how it is. Keep in mind, the football games are on Saturday so you don't have people going to/from work. I think traffic might even get worse for the OSU games because you have people 100K+ going to the game plus all the people going down to tailgate in that area.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com

There was also the Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas concert at the Schott, so you have 2 big events right at campus. But yes, OSU football games will create some major traffic if youre heading there, but if youre just passing through the area, you can usually keep in the far left lanes and zip through

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I live off the 315 exit to OSU, and yes, it's always that way for big campus events. Always. Heroic efforts are made to try to make it nicer, but by and large that area should be avoided when such events are going on.

* * *​
There was also the Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas concert at the Schott, so you have 2 big events right at campus. But yes, OSU football games will create some major traffic if youre heading there, but if youre just passing through the area, you can usually keep in the far left lanes and zip through

On Saturdays, perhaps (I wouldn't know as I've never actually been on 315 on a Saturday during a game - I just don't go anywhere near Lane & 315, and that's my exit). During evening rush hour those far left lanes get jammed up really quickly and stay that way for quite a while.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i've always thought they did a disservice to 315 on game days with how they close exits and make everyone go down 1 or 2 exits and making traffic worse rather than allowing traffic to get off at any exit and spacing out traffic

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Is grilling sausage the favourite past-time of the Americas?

Define "the Americas."

I always thought this was an "American" thing but when I was visiting friends in Denmark this summer they grilled out for dinner every night - sausage, pork, steak. My British friends did no grilling out at all while we were there.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
If you walk to the Nationwide Arena for the season opener can you get an honest grilled sausage to go with the game?

Did the Danish have what kind of mustard to display on their sausages?

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Define "the Americas."

prfi_1608_america_kategoria_m_720x400_kuvasto.jpg

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Define "the Americas."

(Woof, woof!)

God bless, is it Kujala's Jaakko? All the way from America.

J: The land of hope and glory.

---

It seems like Jaakko and money have met each other on the world?

J: Yeah, something besides calluses got stuck into these hands..

J: Speaking the truth, everything went. Right along to father's heritage. What glimmers is pyrite and that over there in the yard is loaned.

The main thing is that you have kept your honesty. Welcome back.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
konej270816HA_uu.jpg

We are live, witnessing scene of nature in action as this Bulgarian airplane is getting ready to ship dolphins out of Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad