OT: CBJ Lounge XX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus

Thanks so much for the helpful visual aid! While I said I SYMPATHIZE with the plight of apartment dwellers, vis-a-vis grilling, that in no way means I do not UNDERSTAND the REASONS why property managers do not allow it!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
That was by the way a month ago, nearby. Casualties: two sets of winter tires and a tobacco abandoned in a flowerpot.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
With all due respect, in may put the fancy grill marks on your steak, but the taste of a steak (or anything, for that matter) grilled in a pan on a stovetop does not compare to that of the same steak cooked over wood or coals.

I truly sympathize with those who, due to apartment complex policies, cannot enjoy the pleasures of grilling meat. IMHO, that falls under the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" thing

Sure it lacks the smoky goodness of a grill, but the end product is just as good.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I have gotten hard core drunk two nights in a row thanks to a friend's wedding. I now remember why I don't do this anymore lol. I'm so not in college anymore and this chick doesn't do hangovers anymore.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I have gotten hard core drunk two nights in a row thanks to a friend's wedding. I now remember why I don't do this anymore lol. I'm so not in college anymore and this chick doesn't do hangovers anymore.

re: hangovers

practice makes perfect, Socksie! :sarcasm:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not exactly where to post this or if it even matters, but the Amazon fulfillment centers are hiring like crazy in Columbus right now. Full-time with full benefits. As long as you can stand for up to 10 hrs a day and lift 49 lbs, pass a background and drug test you basically have a job. I just got hired and figured I'd let everyone else know if someone needs work.

It seems to be really, really simple work, it's just long hours and mandatory OT during the busy seasons.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
would love to be, but my ear pressure won't regulate properly...i can get down about 15 feet and my ears won't pop like they should...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
man, so mad that I didn't move down here before I did...now that I'm settled in a little bit, Tampa/St Pete is amazing to explore...

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Thanks so much for the helpful visual aid! While I said I SYMPATHIZE with the plight of apartment dwellers, vis-a-vis grilling, that in no way means I do not UNDERSTAND the REASONS why property managers do not allow it!

That was by the way a month ago, nearby. Casualties: two sets of winter tires and a tobacco abandoned in a flowerpot.

Sure it lacks the smoky goodness of a grill, but the end product is just as good.

I use an electric grill but it's certainly not as good as a gas grill. Luckily I'm moving to a townhouse where we can put a gas grill right outside on the ground, whereas before I was living on a 2nd floor which didn't allow gas grills.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I still haven't bought a new grill for the summer yet. Torn between charcoal/smoker or a more convenient gas grill.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
A friend of mine won a Masterbuilt Pro dual fire vertical smoker and gave it to me. Only given it 1 test run, but I like it. I have a side firebox grill/smoker and the benefit of the propane is not having to deal with the coals. You wouldnt have been able to tell any difference from coals to propane

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Spent a few days at summer cottage... Then heard that Lauri Karhuvaara has been fired from MTV3's morning programs after service of 25 years.

My grandmother always appreciated the work ethic that goes behind hosting morning sight radio show, going to sleep early on and so on. She also despised the American shows as they consisted only 'of sex and violence'. Didn't stop my grandmother from watching the Bold and the Beautiful, the most popular foreign series for a good number of years in Finland. Ridge Forrester, from B&B is being interviewed by mister Karhuvaara in the clip below.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
so now CBus is on the list of cities where ppl are shooting at cops? ugh...I wish it would all stop

If you're referring to this:
http://nbc4i.com/2016/07/21/officers-hear-gunshots-while-investigating-report-of-shooting/

While serious, it doesn't likely qualify as the same type of incident that's been happening in other places (unless the story changes). (Which is not to say it couldn't, or that this doesn't still point out the dangers cops face, or whatever all the other noise is saying.)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if anyone is in the market for a 2 bed 2 bath condo in dublin with columbus taxes, mine is going on the market today...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Anyone familiar with Monterey/Carmel-by-the-Sea in California? I am looking for a hotel room for two different nights and I was looking for recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad