Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Columbus signs Pierre-Luc Dubois to ELC (3 years, $925K AAV)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
No big surprise. Some of the interesting names whether they'll be signed immediately to ELC's include Julien Gauthier and Lucas Johansen. Both of them are late birthdays, meaning if they're signed this summer they can have their contracts slide two times. But if they're not signed until next year then they can't slide at all.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Congrats Columbus!!

Only guy I would have been happier with over Juice. Hope he plays for you guys this year. You're on a roll now!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Is there a realistic chance he plays in the NHL next year?

I'm pretty sure he'd have to be pretty disappointing for him to not start the year in the NHL. He skates well, has good offensive upside, he's got a giant body and Columbus NEEEEEDS more firepower up front.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think the odds of him starting in the NHL next season are currently about 25%. He has the ability and physicality to do it, but he could benefit from playing a full season at C in the Q. Also, Columbus has a bunch of AHL'ers looking to start in the NHL next season (Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Werenski, etc.). According to Portzline, as many as 4 rookies could be on the opening night roster. Dubois would be the 5th.

If Columbus moves someone like Hartnell, I'd bump his chances up to 50%.

buttman*

Lots of people around here will need to eat crow if he is better than Pooparty.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He'll play in CBJ next season for better or worse.

Don't be absurd. He has a chance. He's not penciled in. We have plenty of rookies as is.

* * *​
I'm pretty sure he'd have to be pretty disappointing for him to not start the year in the NHL. He skates well, has good offensive upside, he's got a giant body and Columbus NEEEEEDS more firepower up front.

Uhhuh. Just like how Edmonton badly needs more second-pairing defensemen.

Two of our better rookies coming in are offense boosters (Bjorkstrand up front and Werenski on the blueline). We're not actually that desperate. If he's ready, great. If he's not, that's fine too.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Don't be absurd. He has a chance. He's not penciled in. We have plenty of rookies as is.

* * *​

Uhhuh. Just like how Edmonton badly needs more second-pairing defensemen.

Two of our better rookies coming in are offense boosters (Bjorkstrand up front and Werenski on the blueline). We're not actually that desperate. If he's ready, great. If he's not, that's fine too.

You guys may have plenty of rookies, but IMHO I just don't feel PLD can step in this season. IMHO one full season in junior would be best for him, and as an outside fan looking at your roster. I just don't see many other options at centre ice for you guys with the offensive potential he has.
But hey, it's not like this guy was highly rated to go where my team just drafted at, it's not like I've tried to get familiar with this kids potential or anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad