CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I’m pulling for Lions. I turned the game on at halftime. I’m no Lions fan or whatever, but I feel like this is par for the course for my sports fandom.
I'm no Lions fan or anything, but I'm pulling for them too, just in a "they've suffered long enough" kind of way.

But they're acting like they're TRYING to lose at the moment. It's comical.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
AFC: It was exactly the outcome that I expected, but it's not the outcome that I'm happy with. At least I can still laugh at the Ratbirds.

NFC: Dan Campbell outcoached himself last night. Those two 4th down stops screwed up everything. If they take the points there, they likely win.

I'm fully behind San Fran for the Super Bowl. It's gonna be a fun game to watch.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dan Campbell outcoached himself last night. Those two 4th down stops screwed up everything. If they take the points there, they likely win.
They only got to that game because of Dan Campbell and his aggressiveness.

Also my favorite team had Mike Badgley as their kicker for a few years. Hes not very good, so assuming he makes either kick is not a guarantee.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Honestly I don't know how a Browns fan could pick a favorite in the SB. Both teams have likable QBs while the Browns have a controversial QB who is a PR person's nightmare. I guess some people might not like one of these teams for one reason or another but one great HC, one very good HC and likable offensive weapons across both teams.

Either team winning is fine with me, just hoping for an entertaining game.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC

1706710855028.png

I don't know if anyone bet on Maidstone to win, but if someone did, I hope they're happy with the thousands of pounds they just got

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I would think a rink in Mason would do well. And Mason and the Lakota schools seem like they should have decent high school hockey programs....
Speaking of Mason, I was down there for the Pro Pickleball tourney last September. I heard rumors that the tennis center might be losing its premium US Open warmup tournament to some place in NC or TN. I would think that would be a big hit to the area.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Speaking of Mason, I was down there for the Pro Pickleball tourney last September. I heard rumors that the tennis center might be losing its premium US Open warmup tournament to some place in NC or TN. I would think that would be a big hit to the area.
That would suck. I went three or four times over the years. Always fun.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That would suck. I went three or four times over the years. Always fun.
It appears the rumors I saw in the news were premature. The news was that Charlotte (or Nashville) was building a new tennis center with the aim of stealing the Western & Southern Tennis Tournament away from Cincinnati. Yup, it was Charlotte.

Just looked at news and it appears the tournament has committed to staying in Cincy for twenty five more years but with a new main sponsor and going back to its roots of calling it the Cincinnati Open. Charlotte is making pitch to host an end of year championships instead.

So...good news. I assume this will help Cleveland keep its women's tournament "Tennis In The Land" which happens the week after the Cincy stop. Hoping this also means the major pickleball tourney will continue in Cincy as well.

Article also said the Cincy Open will be going from a one week tourney to a two week tourney enlarging the field. Instead of going away it's getting bigger! Sounds like state and local governments putting up $130M to go with $130M of private funding for a $260M upgrade to the stadium and grounds.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Back in the olden days when I was a band director, I did experience this but only very infrequently. When I myself was a band parent I did not see this much at all thank goodness.
They are mostly good but parents like this mostly rear their ugly heads during instrument audition time and they all think their kid should get to play whatever drum they want even if their kid doesn't work hard enough to get the spot they want.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Look, I support the Crew but whoever thought making them look like Charlie Brown was a good idea needs to rethink think their career choice.

1707933398738.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Doggy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille