CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
looks like Michigan is going to run away with it in the fourth quarter. Three in a row by John Cooper 2.0. Against an interim. Oof
lee-corso-not-so-fast.gif

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Epic game. I know it doesn't feel like that if you're a buckeye fan. Buckeyes have a really good team UofM was just a bit better today.

Not gonna lie 3 in a row feels great. Day's seat has to be getting hot although he's a good coach.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
People calling for Day to be fired should take aim at Knowles too
that being said I think the C bus media exaggerates how good OSU really is

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
People calling for Day to be fired should take aim at Knowles too
that being said I think the C bus media exaggerates how good OSU really is
I think the defense was OK. We basically handed them their first touchdown, and even then, our offense had the ball with a minute to go in a one-possession game.

I think a lot of it was execution. We missed a 50-yard field goal and they made one. There's a potential six-point swing right there.

And that play at the goal line that was called a touchdown was very close to being an interception, but was ultimately too close to overturn. This was a close, close game.

I do agree with how the media treats OSU. Common Man and T-Bone were bemoaning the state of the CBJ on one of the shows this week, including how the media should be a lot more ravenous in their criticism of the front office. I heard the phrase "we treat the amateurs like pros and the pros like amateurs in this town." And he's right.

Reactions: koteka

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I think the defense was OK. We basically handed them their first touchdown, and even then, our offense had the ball with a minute to go in a one-possession game.

I think a lot of it was execution. We missed a 50-yard field goal and they made one. There's a potential six-point swing right there.

And that play at the goal line that was called a touchdown was very close to being an interception, but was ultimately too close to overturn. This was a close, close game.

I do agree with how the media treats OSU. Common Man and T-Bone were bemoaning the state of the CBJ on one of the shows this week, including how the media should be a lot more ravenous in their criticism of the front office. I heard the phrase "we treat the amateurs like pros and the pros like amateurs in this town." And he's right.
Yes defense was ok
Just ok
They brought Knowles in for it to be elite
They could not and did not make a stop or play when they had to in the second half
If Day is to blame so is Knowles

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan scored on 6 of the last 7 drives. The defense all year never got any pressure and never got any turnovers. They relied on stopping teams only. They shut down the run for the most part in the first half but they were chipping off 5-7 yard runs easily in the second half. The defense was not good either.

McCord, short of one throw, played fine for the most part. And I'm no McCord fan.

This loss is on coaching, and Ryan Day seems like a great man. But he is unable to win any game that matters. His most impressive win is against Clemson 3 years ago (and got smashed in the NCG anyway) and is known for nothing but his losses.

The OSU program won't move on from him because they'll use the "you don't mess with whats working" line and point to 40-0 or whatever his bullshit record is against the cupcakes of the conference + Penn State.

He lost to an interim coach. The Michigan program clearly cheated for years, but they didn't today, and they still won. When the NCAA vacates the wins, which they probably will, Ryan Day will still never have that forgotten about. At least from me.

Reactions: Fred Glover

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
I thought that was going to be tough game for the Crew. But then when I saw that Orlando had a guy ejected, and the Crew hadn't used any subs until extra time, I thought "Okay, if they don't pull this one out, I'm gonna be pissed".

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm just wondering if Cucho Hernandez can skate. Or is willing to learn.

But maybe the English word for "Cucho" is "Fantilli"?!?!?
Cucho is such a smart player. Had a clever touch to set up Rossi's equalizer, and it would have been the easiest thing in the world for him to go for the game-winning goal himself. But he had the presence of mind to just calmly knock it down into the middle of the penalty area for Ramirez to tap it in.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
A week from tomorrow, Ohio plays its bowl game against Georgia Southern. Would have liked to be in a bigger, more illustrious bowl than the Myrtle Beach Bowl, but i'll take it over nothing.

Stand Up And Cheer, b*tches.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
A week from tomorrow, Ohio plays its bowl game against Georgia Southern. Would have liked to be in a bigger, more illustrious bowl than the Myrtle Beach Bowl, but i'll take it over nothing.

I feel like they were in that same bowl game when I was still in Athens. Maybe 2012 or 13?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Miami is in The Cure bowl.

Attachments

• E3EE7B13-3414-4562-9063-60467D1BA75D.jpeg
    E3EE7B13-3414-4562-9063-60467D1BA75D.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad