GDT: CBJ at Buffalo 12/30/23 5:00 PM

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Either way who wins it they are getting points at a time when you don’t expect them to.

& not to get then when you do expect

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I think we've set Sillinger back. He has the talent to be more than a 3C, or I thought he did.

Well he's playing 3c right now and very young, I could see a Boone like ceiling for him.

That's a 2/3 C. Personally didn't expect more, maybe 60 point in full season in prime and a solid NHL player in a cup winning team.

I won't argue about setting him back, would have preferred a more AHL rich route for him too. But he IS showing progress and continues being competitive in NHL. He was an issue last season, he's becoming a decent asset (bottom 6) now.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Well he's playing 3c right now and very young, I could see a Boone like ceiling for him.

That's a 2/3 C. Personally didn't expect more, maybe 60 point in full season in prime and a solid NHL player in a cup winning team.

I won't argue about setting him back, would have preferred a more AHL rich route for him too. But he IS showing progress and continues being competitive in NHL. He was an issue last season, he's becoming a decent asset (bottom 6) now.
If I remember correctly this is what Jarmo said that he intended to do when he was hired but it hasn’t panned out as he said it would

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We can thank Tarasov that Buffalo didn't score 7-8 goals for sure.
The #13 NHL star will stop losing pucks already, or he's some special exception who can afford it?
Danforth is very underrated.
I like Sillinger more and more, similar like Fantilli.
Fortunately, Jack's strong side is skating. I think he could play with Johnson and Cole instead of Bemstrom.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
why didnt anyone change when Danforth went in alone? So many moronic plays

Even Danforth could have changed - there was enough time for him to switch with Fantilli or someone and we'd still have a lane for a breakaway there. I think Severson went off for Provorov there but I'm befuddled why Gaudreau stayed on.

Well, can’t win every OT

Or even 1/3 of OT, apparently.

Our outlook would feel better if we were .500 in extra time. We have the talent to do it.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
If I remember correctly this is what Jarmo said that he intended to do when he was hired but it hasn’t panned out as he said it would
We've had problems with centres, Domi isn't one, Roslovic is also a better winger, although he's had to play center. In addition, the lines Chinakhov - Sillinger - Voráček and later Domi -- Sillinger - Bjorkstrand had good chemistry.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
If we don't have the puck there's no advantage to having Fantilli on the ice. We should have him hop on though quickly when we get the puck.
I guess this is where we disagree then. At least with Danforth playing C. Maybe I agree w.r.t. Jenner (55%). Fair enough.

My view is that there will be games like tonight where we lose the faceoff and he never ends up out there at all. Part of that is due to selfish/unaware play by 13/17 to not change after the Danforth chance. Im okay with him losing the faceoff and defending (I trust him more than JG in that regard honestly). I can live with 43% in the dot.

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I just finished watching my recording of the last half of the game after getting home from NWA ironically. What a rough 3rd period! I can’t even say they turtled; rather they simply played tight/scared (take your pick) with no player wanting the puck, ridding their stick of the burden as soon as they could.

What a disappointing finish. And that’s without even getting to the OT where we had one good chance and garbage otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad