GDT: CBJ at Buffalo 12/30/23 5:00 PM

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
"Columbus has yet to score a shorthanded goal this season." Good pass by Silly though, I was almost sure he's not gonna find Gaudreau like that.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Is that a hook?

No! He put his stick under buddys stick so he couldn't get to the puck. Stick on stick contact and basic physics. Fantilli blocked the stick from getting to the puck by placing his stick between. Never should be a penalty. Fantastic defensive play

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Wow, a worse-looking PP than ours...no dangerous chances, short-handed looks for CBJ and a momentum-changing goal just after it expires!

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So many little issues and chaos created by all the rebounds, again lucky to come out with the lead. 27 shots for Buffalo already and just 13 for us

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
KJ - Sillinger - Bemstrom has been buried in their own zone so far. Cozens line I think is the matchup and it's not going well for CBJ.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
What’s the strategy now? Pull the goalie at the beginning of the third and either score a bunch more or give up the lead early so we have plenty of time to come back?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Also Jiricek just looks awful. I have high hopes in the long run but I hate that we're doing the Sillinger thing with him.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Also Jiricek just looks awful. I have high hopes in the long run but I hate that we're doing the Sillinger thing with him.

There was one shift in the first period that I focused on him where he was just atrocious. Two dangerously bad passes that kept that puck in our own end. They didn’t result in goals, but they could have plus they led to our defense having a really long shift in their own end.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There was one shift in the first period that I focused on him where he was just atrocious. Two dangerously bad passes that kept that puck in our own end. They didn’t result in goals, but they could have plus they led to our defense having a really long shift in their own end.

For me the issue is that he's nowhere near his physical prime (or his skating prime). There's a lot of things that he tries to do that he won't be able to do in the NHL for another year or two, at least. But you put him in this situation where things fail over and over again, then you're going to subconsciously (or consciously) train him to stop trying things, to take the magic out of his game.

I'm afraid we're turning him into Klesla 2.0.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
For me the issue is that he's nowhere near his physical prime (or his skating prime). There's a lot of things that he tries to do that he won't be able to do in the NHL for another year or two, at least. But you put him in this situation where things fail over and over again, then you're going to subconsciously (or consciously) train him to stop trying things, to take the magic out of his game.

I'm afraid we're turning him into Klesla 2.0.

I see in kids a lot when they don’t want to make a mistake they pass too quickly and thus make a mistake. Which is what that shift looked like to me. Sometimes the best thing to do when you have the puck is just skate a stride or two and see what develops. You can’t overthink it, but you also can’t abdicate thinking by passing quickly by default. Anyway, you and I agree where he should be now.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Sillinger is starting to pan out now as a capable 3c which he projected to be. And he's quite young. Audience suffered for 2 years but you can see gains now

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00