Confirmed with Link: CBJ All Stars Named: Bobrovsky, Jones and Tortorella *Aktinson Added*

major major

Feb 18, 2013
How do they get by dressing 3 D per game?

Also, Jones as one of only 12 all star D in the league is a big ****ing deal. I wouldn't argue that he is one of the 12 very best D (though I think he's already close to on that list if not on it). What's amazing to me is that he made it at such a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Also, Jones as one of only 12 all star D in the league is a big ****ing deal. I wouldn't argue that he is one of the 12 very best D (though I think he's already close to on that list if not on it). What's amazing to me is that he made it at such a young age.

It's a 3-on3 tourney, so three lines of three skaters (2F, 1D)

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I forgot it was 3 v 3. That explains it. It's also going to be a lot of fun for Jones.

He already has 2 OT GWG this year, and we saw his beauty setup of Foligno last OT. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have in a 3 v 3 (other than Erik Karlsson).

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Put me in the camp that Jones has been the best CBJ D-man. Then Savard, then Werenski.

Agreed. Werenski is still doing very well, but you can tell he's a rookie and needs to adjust to the grueling schedule, whereas I'm not sure if I've seen Savard have a bad game this year.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Agreed. Werenski is still doing very well, but you can tell he's a rookie and needs to adjust to the grueling schedule, whereas I'm not sure if I've seen Savard have a bad game this year.

Savard was brutal in the first couple games. He's been great since then.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Put me in the camp that Jones has been the best CBJ D-man. Then Savard, then Werenski.

Agree 100%.

First 15 games or so I think Werenski was awesome (better than Jones) but all the games is wearing on him and Jones is getting better.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I'm hoping Seth and Bob play well.
I'm hoping that Metro loses their first "mini-game" so that Bob and Seth aren't playing a 2nd mini-game."
The 3x3 format is exhausting to go on for the amount of time; it seemed there may have been a little more effort than usual at ASG last year because it was first time for the format, and players seemed gassed at times, with only 3 lines and lots of open ice. Seth does not need a full afternoon of skating.
And for that matter, Bob does not need a full afternoon of getting pelted during a 3x3 exhibition - the absolute best result for CBJ is for Metro losing the first game and Bob getting short-term amnesia, regardless of how many goals.

I really like 3x3 OT for regular season (surprising). I love the celebration of hockey at the ASG weekend, including skills competitions, etc.... However, the game (or now mini-games, which I think are 20 minutes each (maybe 15 mins?), with the "chance" for 2 of 4 teams to play a second one --- not so much love. Seems geared to the casual fan only, not for the players, coaches, teams and most hardcore fans. Injury not my major concern - just want to see our best players rested and confident 1st game back. As does every fanbase.
They need to find a different format

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The best part about Bob making the team is Torts is coaching which means he will get time to shine but Torts won't risk our guy getting hurt or exhausted in a exibition.

Also I am with the rest that believe Jones is the right choice for our D. He has produced both offensively and defensively and is out there for all the important minutes. Also he has been our best 3 on 3 player and maybe the best D this year in the extra time. I'd say Werenski is actually our 4th best D this year if you could believe that. He started red hot but since then he has shown some fatigue and rookie mistakes but even with the mistakes he is all star caliber. I would say Savard has been 2nd and JMFJ 3rd.

I really hope Cam gets his chance because how underrated he has been his entire career. If you look at this boards opinion of him over the past 2 years especially on the trade section he gets 0 respect and knocked because his size. The amount of times people have called him a small and average 20 goal guy and told how there team has enough undersized middle 6 wingers cam isn't worth that it's infuriating that people can't see how good the kid is. He and Bob both were equally deserving but if we only had 1 guy I think it should have been cam.

Also if this was 5 on 5 format that didnt require a player from.each team and it was based on actual play this year, does anyone think that we wouldn't have at least 6 or 7 guys in? Foligno and Cam are both top 10 scoring. Wennberg leading the league in PPA (was up there with PP points total I think also), Saad is one of the top even strength scorers he is the borderline guy here, Jones made it in this format already, Werenski is up their in D scoring and rookie scoring, and Bob.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

snoopy-dance.gif

I told you all. I told you all! We had to keep him! :D

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Very happy for Cam. It's been fun watching his development since he joined the Jackets. Hard to believe that not so long ago many wanted him traded or even early on mentioned him as a candidate to be exposed in the expansion daft. My hope is that he remains a Jacket in the years ahead. Congratulations, Cam. Well deserved!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm happy for Cam.

I'm not worried about the exhaustion of the 3 on 3 format. I think guys sometimes skip the ASG because the whole thing means less rest / family time and it adds a lot more time in front of cameras and mics. I doubt they'll kill themselves to win the 3 on 3 tournament.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
To me all star games are a farce and should be eliminated with the possible exception of baseball because there they actually play the game the way it was intended to be played.

I know its all about money and gaining exposure but wouldn't all players prefer 3 to 4 days off?

With all of that said hats off to the Jackets representatives.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
To me all star games are a farce and should be eliminated with the possible exception of baseball because there they actually play the game the way it was intended to be played.

Lol then one where pitchers purposefully lob home run balls to hitters? Have you even watched a MLB ASG since the Pete Rose collision at home plate.

Let's assume you're right though, that's just an indication that baseball was meant to be played half-assed.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think the 3 v 3 tournament will bring the ASG closer to the way hockey is meant to be played. 5 on 5 looks ridiculous if you take close checking out of it. 3 v 3 looks the same.

That and the thought of seeing Seth Jones play a 3 v 3 tournament is droolworthy.

That and I agree, baseball isn't a real sport so it's no wonder it looks the same in an ASG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad