Confirmed with Link: CBJ All Stars Named: Bobrovsky, Jones and Tortorella *Aktinson Added*

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/blue-jackets-nhl-all-star-release-january-10/c-285519250

15940507_10154448214828918_2171598088562423225_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Glad to have Bob named an all star, but I'd rather he rest that weekend and not be a shooting gallery backstop, even for only one period.

CBJwheel

Mar 4, 2007
Findlay
I just feel like the All Star game is such a distraction at this point, and I wonder if Tortorella feels the same as well.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If it was any other year you could count on Crosby backing out, but with the NHL doing the 100 greatest this year he'll pretty much have to show up.

Any other year there would be more potential spots to fill for players dropping out too, when the teams represented the entire conference. Only six spots for Cam to go, and I haven't really considered other worthy replacements, either.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Any other year there would be more potential spots to fill for players dropping out too, when the teams represented the entire conference. Only six spots for Cam to go, and I haven't really considered other worthy replacements, either.

Yeah, this format makes selections really hard to make and being in the Metro where you have 4 auto selections Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin and Tavares that only leaves spots for 2 other forwards.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Torts has really, really, really got to be enjoying this.

He was written off by the media and most fans as an emotionally unstable dinosaur and now he has the ****ing, bottom-feeding CBJs as the leagues #1 team and he's an all star.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Seth Jones?? Not even the best Dman on the CBJ.

Anyone else notice how the Preds made two big trades and both players traded are All Stars (Weber and Jones) and both players they picked up (Johansen and Subban) are at home?

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Seth Jones?? Not even the best Dman on the CBJ.

Anyone else notice how the Preds made two big trades and both players traded are All Stars (Weber and Jones) and both players they picked up (Johansen and Subban) are at home?

I think Seth has been the best DMan overall this year. Not on the power play, but he's been a horse on the defensive end. That isn't to denigrate Werenski or how impressive he's been as an 18-year old defensemen. I think Werenski is going to be the best player in the history of the team once he fills out, gets more experience, etc.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I think Seth has been the best DMan overall this year. Not on the power play, but he's been a horse on the defensive end. That isn't to denigrate Werenski or how impressive he's been as an 18-year old defensemen. I think Werenski is going to be the best player in the history of the team once he fills out, gets more experience, etc.

I thought it was a nice honor for Seth Jones to receive the All star nomination.. Yes, he's had some flubbed turnovers/trying to do too much. But, who hasn't.. Seth Jones is playing #1 D-man minutes on this team, plays on the PK, 2nd PP unit (yes, it's a struggle), end of game situations with Werenski on the bench at the time, and is the 1st D-man out in overtime. Has 7 goals, 18 points on the year in 33 games.

Plus, I imagine Zach Werenski will be an NHL All Star eventually sometime later in his career.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
No Cam = no good. I'm sure he'd like to be there (may end up there anyway) but soaking up some sun on an island somewhere warm isn't a bad alternative.

Congrats Bob and Jones. Well deserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad