Cavern without true Cavemens MTL 4 - 2 Boston #FreedPGT

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Can't believe I'm saying this but DSP was really good tonight. Actually, I thought the 4th line was great all night. I could do without Flynn but Mitchell and DSP were being so annoying to play against and were giving the Bruins defense fits all night.

Also, Galchenuk's line is insane. So creative yet they still play north south hockey. They don't have to be fantastic defensively because they are possession beasts and the puck is always in the opposition's zone.

Just a good game overall. The second PP unit needs some work though. Patches just looks so lost on the powerplay.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Chucky looks primed to hit another status this season. He's creating offence every time he's on the ice, has so much more confidence, and looks stronger physically. He finally found his stride.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm pretty happy with this team, so far. Still think we need another top 6 forward. I'm not a fan of the Pleks - Gally pairing, although I like Pleks - Patches. Gally would probably do well beside DD & Fleish. It would give them a scorer for one thing.

Weise would go to the 4th line where he belongs, and Flynn is out of the line-up.

By the way, DSP looks much faster than he did at any point last year. He's actually winning foot races and able to pressure the puck/carrier. If that keeps up we may have a legitimate 4th line this year. Weise would look good on his off-wing with those 2.

Pleks-Patches need a playmaker. Semin would probably work, but then you screw up the Chucky line, which is off to a great start. Plus, I like Semin on the 2nd/3rd unit over the 1st.

Habs need someone on their farm team to develop quickly if they can't make a trade.
Honestly just switch Gallagher and Wiese. Pacioretty creates most of his goals himself anyway. And Plekanec just scores from impossible angles. Weise is a good enough two way player to play there.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Honestly just switch Gallagher and Wiese. Pacioretty creates most of his goals himself anyway. And Plekanec just scores from impossible angles. Weise is a good enough two way player to play there.

DD Gally have the least chemistry of any two players on the team.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Why would it have to happen to us? The Bruins' demise is due to poor cap management and horrible trades involving core players of the team.

There's a difference between adjusting yourself to the salary cap, like the Hawks, and utterly ruining a team, like the Bruins.

And while Bergevin made some mistakes with contracts given, he fixed situations pretty fast after that. I'm not worried at all with Bergevin handling the cap.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Pittsburgh

Road trip against 4 average to bad defense squad, the east is not what it has been anymore (defensively wise).

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Can't believe I'm saying this but DSP was really good tonight. Actually, I thought the 4th line was great all night. I could do without Flynn but Mitchell and DSP were being so annoying to play against and were giving the Bruins defense fits all night.

Also, Galchenuk's line is insane. So creative yet they still play north south hockey. They don't have to be fantastic defensively because they are possession beasts and the puck is always in the opposition's zone.

Just a good game overall. The second PP unit needs some work though. Patches just looks so lost on the powerplay.

For me the first line has perimeter pleks and patches so you will see less scoring as other will also key in on patches. But the bottom 3 lines did well. The PP really needs to be fixed though. It looked very very bad. Worse than the playoffs as the bruins looked to be better poised to score on the 5 on 3 than we were.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Condo Know$ HABS 39

What the hell is this?? :laugh:

492184576_slide.jpg

fitty bucks says the sign says 'blow' underneath Habs

probably a Condon relative who cheers for Boston and should be disowned

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
After a good nights sleep to ponder the game last night, I can honestly say that you guys are so much better than us right now. I think the goal call was a bad call, but besides that I felt like we were just dominated at times, and I know most of you hate Jack Edwards, but he called the Bruins out many times last night as being outmatched.

Best of luck the rest of the year!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
After a good nights sleep to ponder the game last night, I can honestly say that you guys are so much better than us right now. I think the goal call was a bad call, but besides that I felt like we were just dominated at times, and I know most of you hate Jack Edwards, but he called the Bruins out many times last night as being outmatched.

Have to agree the goal call was bad. Only reason I can think of is the call on the ice carried more weight, but of course that defeats the point of a coach's challenge afterwards.

Otherwise, thanks for the nice words. You guys had a good run; we're ramping up for ours.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
For me the first line has perimeter pleks and patches so you will see less scoring as other will also key in on patches. But the bottom 3 lines did well. The PP really needs to be fixed though. It looked very very bad. Worse than the playoffs as the bruins looked to be better poised to score on the 5 on 3 than we were.

I had hope for our PP after that first beauty of a goal but it faded rather quickly after I saw the Plek unit out there. I like Gally who's always in front but you're right, Plek and Patch are way too passive on that unit. Our PP goal tonight involved Semin going right to the high slot thus tying up a man, DD right on the door step tying up another man, Chucky with the option to Subban high point tying up two guys. So who's left? Markov wide open with a great cut to the net left all alone. That's the advantage of having Subban there. He doesn't need to shoot but someone always has to cover him since he's a threat no matter where he is. Plek's line doesn't take advantage of this and they just stay on the perimeter so they can feed Subban. Nashville does it so well with Weber I don't know why the Habs can't.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hedman/Stralman/Coburn/Garrison is one of the best top 4 in the league.

I disagree strongly. They're all good but not great defensemen. They get overhyped because they're great at moving the puck and their forwards put up insane numbers last year. Defense is not their strong suit. They play a system that hides their flaws and accentuates their strengths. There's a reason the Hawks decimated them and it wasn't "inexperience".

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
I disagree strongly. They're all good but not great defensemen. They get overhyped because they're great at moving the puck and their forwards put up insane numbers last year. Defense is not their strong suit. They play a system that hides their flaws and accentuates their strengths. There's a reason the Hawks decimated them and it wasn't "inexperience".

Have you seen Hedman play lately? :huh:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

I know this is blasphemy but good luck on the rebuild. Would rather see you guys playing near the top. You traded away so much value for 5 years down the road I hope it pays off. Our rivalry isn't as good when one of us is doing a rebuild. At least you guys seen a cup in recent memory :) Cheers.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Hawks could barely score against TB. People said we couldn't score against them and we had the same number of goals Chicago did after 6 if I remember right..

TB would likely have won the cup if Johnson, Kucherov and Bishop hadn't gotten seriously injured.

I agree that TB has one of the best top 4 in the league. Part of being good defensively is dmen being able to get the puck out of the zone quickly by skating or passing.. in fact I'd say it's the most important attribute to have in a d corps.

Davebo*

Just watched the highlights on nhl.com. They use the nesn feed. Announcers are brutal. Jack Edwards talking embellishment again leading to the pp at the start of the DD goal clip and talking possible offside on one of Eller's goal. Awful. Bruins should fire him.

Go habs go. Galchy line on fire!

He's bad, sure, but I'm coming to see the real problem with NESN's team is Andy Brickley. That guy is clueless and just uses his biases to make calls. He's the one that claimed Emelin faked that high hit that led to the first goal.

He's a pain in the ass who can give zero credit to the Habs.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
They are good but I prefer Subban - Markov - Petry - Beaulieu

It's up in the air, really.

I take Stralman ahead of Markov without thinking twice but I'd take every other Habs over its Tamba Bay counterpart.

I think it's fairly comparable. That's two top 10 D-squads in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad