deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Toronto
Boston
Ottawa
Pittsburgh

Road trip against 4 average to bad defense squad, the east is not what it has been anymore (defensively wise).

Don't underestimate the Sens. We are playing a noob in nets. They have our number, and it's an home opener for them AGAIN! I hate home openers on the road.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Always nice to crush the Bruins.

Man, Boston's gonna have a tough time making the playoffs this year.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Can't believe I'm saying this but DSP was really good tonight. Actually, I thought the 4th line was great all night. I could do without Flynn but Mitchell and DSP were being so annoying to play against and were giving the Bruins defense fits all night.

Also, Galchenuk's line is insane. So creative yet they still play north south hockey. They don't have to be fantastic defensively because they are possession beasts and the puck is always in the opposition's zone.

Just a good game overall. The second PP unit needs some work though. Patches just looks so lost on the powerplay.
DSP has been the pleasant surprise of the first two games. He's playing very well.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Have to agree the goal call was bad. Only reason I can think of is the call on the ice carried more weight, but of course that defeats the point of a coach's challenge afterwards.

Otherwise, thanks for the nice words. You guys had a good run; we're ramping up for ours.

If it was ruled a goal, I believe it would have stayed a goal, unless they are really making it a case to protect goalies and unless you are blatantly pushed into a goalie, the goal won't count.
Yesterday, Emelin battled for his positioning and coverage, but he didn't really push anyone into Price.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Tick tock... hmmmm

1. They are building a Habs Condo next to the arena?
2. Christobal Huet sold his condo when he was 39.
3. Price signed a 39$ million deal.
4. Max Pac scored 39 last season..

what?! :laugh:

Condon is #39 and he's from Boston.

Yeah but what does he know$ ?

We need to investigate :sarcasm:

492184576_slide.jpg

edit: Marchard suffered a concussion. Poor thing. http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/10/11/marchand-blesse-a-la-tete

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
DSP has been the pleasant surprise of the first two games. He's playing very well.

Agreed, can't wait to see if they'll play Byron over Flynn at some point, Mitchell and DSP already being a pain in the ass to play against, Byron could be the missing link to an elite 4th line. (although Flynn played better than in the 1st game, I give him that)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If it was ruled a goal, I believe it would have stayed a goal,

That's not really how challenge works i think. That's how the video reviews from Toronto work. The challenge decision is made by the referees on the ice (one of them is the same guy who made the call on the ice) based on what they see in the replay. What they previously called or saw don't really matter if they think a bad decision was made based on the replay (unlike video reviews where the replay needs to be 100% conclusive).

What probably happened is the refs thought PB did not make a worthwhile effort to avoid the contact with Price. Even when a player is pushed the rule says that he still need to make an effort to avoid any contact with the goalie. A similar decision was made against us last year. Gallagher was crosschecked hard in front of the net and felt on the goalie. A second later a goal was scored. The goal was disallowed cause Gallagher even if pushed did not try to mitigate the contact with the goalie.

If you look at the replay PB while pushed is not pushed that hard to be honest (let's say PB makes it easy for Emelin to win the battle). He is pushed outside of the crease and he ends up at the end of the play right in the middle of said crease. PB lost his balance after being pushed by Emelin but that's not really Emelin or Price problem. That's the NHL if you can't fight for your space in front of the net then you don't belong there.

I would have personally allowed the goal but i've seen far, far, far more controversial decisions. The Gallagher's disallowed goal last year was far more controversial as he was crosschecked hard into the goalie.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Agreed, can't wait to see if they'll play Byron over Flynn at some point, Mitchell and DSP already being a pain in the ass to play against, Byron could be the missing link to an elite 4th line. (although Flynn played better than in the 1st game, I give him that)

DSP has been very good all throughout the camp and now the first two games in.
I feel a lot more confident in his D play than some. I expect our 4th will be chipping in some very important goals this year.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Yeah I think this line would be great with Byron. All that speed from Byron coupled with DSP's toughness and Mitchell's all around solid play could make this line really difficult to contain yet be sound defensively. The more I see DSP this year, the more I like him. That extra bit of weight he lost seems to have made a huge difference.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's not really how challenge works i think. That's how the video reviews from Toronto work. The challenge decision is made by the referees on the ice (one of them is the same guy who made the call on the ice) based on what they see in the replay. What they previously called or saw don't really matter if they think a bad decision was made based on the replay (unlike video reviews where the replay needs to be 100% conclusive).

What probably happened is the refs thought PB did not make a worthwhile effort to avoid the contact with Price. Even when a player is pushed the rule says that he still need to make an effort to avoid any contact with the goalie. A similar decision was made against us last year. Gallagher was crosschecked hard in front of the net and felt on the goalie. A second later a goal was scored. The goal was disallowed cause Gallagher even if pushed did not try to mitigate the contact with the goalie.

If you look at the replay PB while pushed is not pushed that hard to be honest (let's say PB makes it easy for Emelin to win the battle). He is pushed outside of the crease and he ends up at the end of the play right in the middle of said crease. PB lost his balance after being pushed by Emelin but that's not really Emelin or Price problem. That's the NHL if you can't fight for your space in front of the net then you don't belong there.

I would have personally allowed the goal but i've seen far, far, far more controversial decisions. The Gallagher's disallowed goal last year was far more controversial as he was crosschecked hard into the goalie.

Referees do not like to overturn their decisions, that's why anytime there's a challenge, and it's the same in every sport, they make it a point that it has to be a clear cut view to overturn the call.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
I like what I see so far. DSP is playing much better but can somebody explain to me why Flynn is playing on this team?! And as much as he does?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I like what I see so far. DSP is playing much better but can somebody explain to me why Flynn is playing on this team?! And as much as he does?

He's not hurting the team and management wants DLR to get some seasoning before we call him back up.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
Fun game today. Watching from Australia is a nice change. Breakfast and wine with the game lol.
Chuckie's line played well. Semin and Eller really stepped up. Happy for Eller. Semin will only get better as this goes on. This line is exciting to watch. The way they keep the puck in the offensive zone is a treat.
Patches has an off game. Gally has been invincible. Price made great saves. Beaulieu is working his way to a top 4 role.
DD'S line was good. Some mistakes but good overall. The 4th line is coming together. DSP is a different man compared to last year.

Isn't he though? Two solid games. Hoping he keeps it up.

PK was way off tonight. Wonder if he might have suffered a mild concussion when he got boarded against Toronto.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Isn't he though? Two solid games. Hoping he keeps it up.

PK was way off tonight. Wonder if he might have suffered a mild concussion when he got boarded against Toronto.

I'm worried about that. He didn't look normal. He was a bit sluggish. As for DSP he has looked good so far even going back to the end of the pre season. Hopefully he keeps it up.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
He's not hurting the team and management wants DLR to get some seasoning before we call him back up.

Fair enough, but was there nobody out there could do at least as while adding some toughness? I have to see any real qualities in his play. Might as well have some added grit at least. No?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad