Cavern without true Cavemens MTL 4 - 2 Boston #FreedPGT

Nynja*

Well ottawa needsd a shootout, and 3 out of 4 goals on the PP to get there...against toronto.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The good news is hat the Habs won 2 road games against Atlantic division teams. The bad news is that those 2 teams are Humpty Dumptys who won't make the playoffs.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Galchenyuk line looked great tonight. Seemed like they created something every time they were on the ice.

It was good to see Semin have a good game. If he plays like that on a consistent basis then he'll be a huge help to the team this season.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Man that Galchenyuk line is fun to watch. They were dominant most of the game. Didn't get a ton of time, but man are they good as holding onto the puck and creating chances for each other.

I would still like to see more shooting but who can complain after a performance like that. All 3 were fantastic.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Not too confident for tomorrow's game tbh. Ottawa always seems to do really well against us in meaningless games.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TBH, the disallowed goal really wasn't bad. It looked like Bergeron brushed against Price, but didn't affect his ability to move. Borderline and weak call.

Replay showed that it is Emelin who nudged Bergeron into Price and caused him to lose his balance, just enough to provoke a small contact to the head. HNIC pundits slowed the play down and had it from different angles and it was clear that Emelin was prompting his motion toward Price and that his skates were pointing toward the crease.

There are going to be a ton of these incidental contact reviews this year but an allowance should be made in favor of the opposition forward where his motion is prompted by the goalie's teammate. I would say the Booins had a legitimate beef -- you can't just limit the call to the point of contact with the goalie.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Galchenyuk high right on the pp with Pacioretty playing the half-board role.

When in the blue hell are people going to realize that he SSSSUUUUCCCKKKSSS playing that role. Nobody understands why the PP hasn't been working for 2 years yet it's so freackin clear. Pac doesn't have the vision for the role, plain and simple, Galchenyuk does.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Replay showed that it is Emelin who nudged Bergeron into Price and caused him to lose his balance, just enough to provoke a small contact to the head. HNIC pundits slowed the play down and had it from different angles and it was clear that Emelin was prompting his motion toward Price and that his skates were pointing toward the crease.

There are going to be a ton of these incidental contact reviews this year but an allowance should be made in favor of the opposition forward where his motion is prompted by the goalie's teammate. I would say the Booins had a legitimate beef -- you can't just limit the call to the point of contact with the goalie.

I think it's more about how the call on the ice was. Unless it's really clear, they'll stick to the on ice call.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The next couples of games might be a little more telling. Let's face it, Toronto and Boston are bottom teams this year. Good win tonight.....but a couple of things still bother me and we'll see how it translate against good teams.

Well, the thing is, last year we couldn't generate clean scoring chances against the weak teams. So there's that.

But I agree that we want to see what happens against stronger teams before drawing any conclusions. But things definitely look better, IMO. Waaayyy less dumping. It's clear that Galchenyuk has been told to keep possession of the puck when entering the zone.

I might sound like a hater from time to time, but really, I'm an open minded man. If Therrien does a better job, I'll be the first to acknowledge it.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Man that Galchenyuk line is fun to watch. They were dominant most of the game. Didn't get a ton of time, but man are they good as holding onto the puck and creating chances for each other.

I would still like to see more shooting but who can complain after a performance like that. All 3 were fantastic.

Didn't you expect the Habs to win? They have quite a long winning streak against Boston, and this year's edition of the Bruins is noticeably weaker on D than last year's. The Bruins have given up a total of 10 goals in their first two games--both played a home.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think it's more about how the call on the ice was. Unless it's really clear, they'll stick to the on ice call.

In this case as we well know, it wasn't on account of a coach's challenge but the ref having had it waived and then heading to video replay review. I guess they didn't feel Emelin's push was deliberate or enough of a causal element.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But things definitely look better, IMO. Waaayyy less dumping. It's clear that Galchenyuk has been told to keep possession of the puck when entering the zone.

Only two games, but yeah, that was noticeable.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In this case as we well know, it wasn't on account of a coach's challenge but the ref having had it waived and then heading to video replay review. I guess they didn't feel Emelin's push was deliberate or enough of a causal element.

Julien did challenge the call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad