Post-Game Talk: Cats rolling, 5-4 SO W vs Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Dale Tallon going in siriusxm radio in 30 minutes (I'm streaming online which has a considerable delay so those on radio could be sooner).

curious to what he has to say!

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Dale Tallon going in siriusxm radio in 30 minutes (I'm streaming online which has a considerable delay so those on radio could be sooner).

curious to what he has to say!

Heard him on SportsNet earlier not sure if it's the same deal. Some cliffs:

Praised Gallant a lot
Praised Barkov and Ekblad's taking over/leadership
Says he doesn't golf that much
Says Jagr has more in common with Brakov than with himself
Praised Lu's quiet leadership. Says he didn't really know him before the trade
Talked about Crouse a bit but I didn't listen to that part
Talked about the team's size (we had 11 guys in the lineup yesterday at least 6 foot 2 obviously not including Crouse, McCoshen, Matheson, Petrovic that fit the description as well)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Heard him on SportsNet earlier not sure if it's the same deal. Some cliffs:

Praised Gallant a lot
Praised Barkov and Ekblad's taking over/leadership
Says he doesn't golf that much
Says Jagr has more in common with Brakov than with himself
Praised Lu's quiet leadership. Says he didn't really know him before the trade
Talked about Crouse a bit but I didn't listen to that part
Talked about the team's size (we had 11 guys in the lineup yesterday at least 6 foot 2 obviously not including Crouse, McCoshen, Matheson, Petrovic that fit the description as well)

should be different, he is calling in live.

argh got called to a meeting will have to listen to replay later

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
should be different, he is calling in live.

argh got called to a meeting will have to listen to replay later

I recorded it on my phone, but have no idea how to attach it to a message, so here's the points:

- Playoff feel games every night, very tight games. Playing great hockey on the road, hope it carries on here on home ice.

- GG and the coaching staff deserves huge credit. Along with the young guys stepping up, as welll the call ups playing good with the injuries we've had.

- Seemed fatigue was an issue vs VAN

- Jagr's fitness and health is 24 hour routine. Rubs off on the youing guys; they think they're doing lots, then they see Jagr. They realize they need to step up their off ice if they want to get to his level.

- Not having Barky when he was hurt (Bjugas too) allowed Tro to step up and take on a bigger role. Also Shaw got more ice and is playing really well. Hubie's playing great, lots of chances.
MacK has stepped up into a bigger role. Knight played good last few games. Pirri's another guy playing well.

- Bjugs had a good day at practice today skating. Figures it will be another week/ week and a half before he's back in the lineup.

- Goaltending allows young guys to make a mistake evry now and then. They've both been great.

- Bolland can still have a happy ending in Florida. Needs to get back in shape and healthy. Needs to focus more on his offensive game.

- Always looking to help the team, but not going to trade from our yound depth/prospects to mortgage the future for band-aids. Trade would have to help now, but also down the road to make sense..

- Stability is important with the vote the other week. Crowds are getting better, ownership is great. This keeps everybody saying we're going to stay in Florida.

Pretty much what you'd expect, but asome interesting points too.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I reecorded it on my phone, but have no idea how to attach it to a message, so here's the points:

- Playoff feel games every night, very tight games. Playing great hockey on the road, hope it carries on here on home ice.

- GG and the coaching staff deserves huge credit. Along with the young guys stepping up, as welll the call ups playing good with the injuries we've had.

- Seemed fatigue was an issue vs VAN

- Jagr's fitness and health is 24 hour routine. Rubs off on the youing guys; they think they're doing lots, then they see Jagr. They realize they need to step up their off ice if they want to get to his level.

- Not having Barky when he was hurt (Bjugas too) allowed Tro to step up and take on a bigger role. Also Shaw got more ice and is playing really well. Hubie's playing great, lots of chances.
MacK has stepped up into a bigger role. Knight played good last few games. Pirri's another guy playing well.

- Bjugs had a good day at practice today skating. Figures it will be another week/ week and a half before he's back in the lineup.

- Goaltending allows young guys to make a mistake evry now and then. They've both been great.

- Bolland can still have a happy ending in Florida. Needs to get back in shape and healthy. Needs to focus more on his offensive game.

- Always looking to help the team, but not going to trade from our yound depth/prospects to mortgage the future for band-aids. Trade would have to help now, but also down the road to make sense..

- Stability is important with the vote the other week. Crowds are getting better, ownership is great. This keeps everybody saying we're going to stay in Florida.

Pretty much what you'd expect, but some interesting points too.

Thanks for this. Interesting about Bolland.

And guess we won't be firing Gallant anytime soon!

Glad if we do trade it won't be for a band aid.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Glad Shaw is making the most of his callup.

Wonder where he fits when every one is healthy/next year.

Seems like he could be a solid two way 3rd liner with a scoring touch.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Glad Shaw is making the most of his callup.

Wonder where he fits when every one is healthy/next year.

Seems like he could be a solid two way 3rd liner with a scoring touch.

I remember Tallon talking up Shaw before last season. Nice to see Shaw repaying his confidence.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Boy, there is a politically correct answer if I ever heard one.

So now Dave is unhealthy again after one game in the AHL. No reports of Dave injured during the game or not playing his shifts because of injury, and he is scratched for mysterious injury the next game and then called back up.

Tallon then says it can all have a happy ending, meaning the opposite of a possible unhappy ending (buyout). Dave just received a push by Tallon and it will be interesting to see how he pushes back.

This guy could be a permanent scratch the rest of the season if not placed on LTIR at some point. There is definitely friction between the two camps.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

So now Dave is unhealthy again after one game in the AHL. No reports of Dave injured during the game or not playing his shifts because of injury, and he is scratched for mysterious injury the next game and then called back up.

Tallon then says it can all have a happy ending, meaning the opposite of a possible unhappy ending (buyout). Dave just received a push by Tallon and it will be interesting to see how he pushes back.

This guy could be a permanent scratch the rest of the season if not placed on LTIR at some point. There is definitely friction between the two camps.

(mod delete)

It's in the best interest of the TEAM, that with the current competition, that IF, Dave wants to play on this squad again, he needs to out play one of these young guys and EARN his spot back, not sure he can at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

But for a player to go to the AHL for a conditioning stint, the player must agree to it otherwise he must pass through waivers right?

Eithet way he "agreed" to get sent down so i dont know about friction. Whether he liked it or not is a different story but he certainly agreed.

Maybe he did get injured. These self inflicted claims above are kinda non-sense. He wouldnt commit career suicide. If he self-inflicted himself, thats grounds for a terminated contract.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, with every C healthy (Barky,Tro,Bjugs&macK) there is no way Bolland ever should play center on this team again. Unless some miracle happens again he starts playing better.

Bjugs should stay at center, having three scoring lines would be great. Only problem is finding guys that can play with him.

Take it back......TAKE IT BACK NOW!! :skeptic:

gifstache_3244_1356310800.gif

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Sounds like Bobby Ryan is out tomorrow. Aggravated a previous hand injury and left their game vs. Tampa early and didn't return. They called up Ryan Dzingel for Ryan

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Sounds like Bobby Ryan is out tomorrow. Aggravated a previous hand injury and left their game vs. Tampa early and didn't return. They called up Ryan Dzingel for Ryan

I know every point is big, but beating Ottawa is a HUGE game for us, standings wise, but more importantly for confidence.

We need to excersise some demons and have a convincing win at home against them tomorrow.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I know every point is big, but beating Ottawa is a HUGE game for us, standings wise, but more importantly for confidence.

We need to excersise some demons and have a convincing win at home against them tomorrow.

I'm on the same page as you. It would be huge and make up for our loss to them from a few weeks back. We'd be heading into break with a ton of momentum.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
But for a player to go to the AHL for a conditioning stint, the player must agree to it otherwise he must pass through waivers right?

Eithet way he "agreed" to get sent down so i dont know about friction. Whether he liked it or not is a different story but he certainly agreed.

Maybe he did get injured. These self inflicted claims above are kinda non-sense. He wouldnt commit career suicide. If he self-inflicted himself, thats grounds for a terminated contract.
I remember reading anecdotal reports before he signed that he was going to Florida because of the year round golf. Yeah, he bought a house on a golf course. I would bet Tallon and Dave had a conversation that he would do what he could to bring him down to Florida.

I like Tallon but one of his weakness' is he really doesn't listen to anyone else when it comes time to make a decision on obtaining top draft choices or UFA's. All you have to do is look at the pre-draft discussion with Hawryluk that he would draft him if he was available with the 2nd pick. Yes, he seeks input to make everyone feel better, but then he just does what he wants. Ownership is learning first hand that they have to keep him on a short leash. They have realized that you just can't give Dale carte blanche as he will make some good decisions but will balance them out with terrible decisions.

I doubt Bolland had any self inflicted injuries. If he is going the injury route to save his contract it's going to have to be LTIR. The only two injuries that he could claim are career threatening would be the cut tendon on his ankle (where he has to wear a special boot for support and protection) or possible encephalitis symptoms because of the severe concussion in 2011.

If neither of those are viable, then he will just have to live with the buyout provision of $11M in lieu of his remaining contract of $16.5M. Either way, no one should feel sorry for Dave as he has enough money to last him the rest of his life if he is smart.

As far as Dave agreeing to go down. What were his choices? Would he rather they just waive him for future permanent assignment to the AHL or save face and go down on conditioning?

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I remember reading anecdotal reports before he signed that he was going to Florida because of the year round golf. Yeah, he bought a house on a golf course. I would bet Tallon and Dave had a conversation that he would do what he could to bring him down to Florida.

I like Tallon but one of his weakness' is he really doesn't listen to anyone else when it comes time to make a decision on obtaining top draft choices or UFA's. All you have to do is look at the pre-draft discussion with Hawryluk that he would draft him if he was available with the 2nd pick. Yes, he seeks input to make everyone feel better, but then he just does what he wants. Ownership is learning first hand that they have to keep him on a short leash. They have realized that you just can't give Dale carte blanche as he will make some good decisions but will balance them out with terrible decisions.

I doubt Bolland had any self inflicted injuries. If he is going the injury route to save his contract it's going to have to be LTIR. The only two injuries that he could claim are career threatening would be the cut tendon on his ankle (where he has to wear a special boot for support and protection) or possible encephalitis symptoms because of the severe concussion in 2011.

If neither of those are viable, then he will just have to live with the buyout provision of $11M in lieu of his remaining contract of $16.5M. Either way, no one should feel sorry for Dave as he has enough money to last him the rest of his life if he is smart with his money.

As far as Dave agreeing to go down. What were his choices? Would he rather they just waive him for future permanent assignment to the AHL or save face and go down on conditioning?

He can say no, get waived and get paid.

He says yes, 14 days go by, then gets waived. He gets paid the same amount anyway

You can't claim a career threatening injury unless a doctor run tests first?

Either way i think he will be back and be a factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad