Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Glad to hear they won 5-4 in a SO.

Watching my recorded version now.

1st period

I'm just not seeing it with Rocco. Sometimes skates around with reckless speed. A lot of times he just stands around watching.

Luo with a nice ice long pass on an early Jagr chance.

Gubby got his pocket picked on the first goal against. No one decided to pick Hansen up.
1-0 Canucks

Hubie has speed and meaning going lately and I love it!

Nice goal by Thornton. 1st goal in 47 games has got to feel good. Been playing not bad his last two games. Right place, right time. Good play by Brick to set it up.
1-1

Hubie was not expecting the pass back on his open net miss. He had Miller down and out.

Nice shot on Nucks 2nd goal. Bad change by the D though, got caught.
2-1 Canucks

Jagr didn't look good all period. Lots of bad passes.
But seconds left he somewhat fans on the shot ad gets a big PPG
2-2

Last edited:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm just not seeing it with Rocco. Sometimes skates around with reckless speed. A lot of times he just stands around watching.

I think he's been fine. I wish Gallant would use him in overtime. Seems like he's the kind of kid that's born for 3-on-3.

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
2nd Period

Going back to the Thornton goal, it was offside. I slowed it right down.
But OMG does John Garret whine and complain about. Worst I've seen this year, no contest. Suck it up buttercup!

Tro came to play this period. Had a nice redirect o Smith's shot that was saved. Then next shift splits the D, stays with the bouncing puck. Nice goal!
3-2 Panthers

Knight having his first noticeable not good game. Bad penalty in the 1st, then can't clear the puck on the 3rd Canucks goal. Had the puck right by the blue line too.
3 - 3

Our PP is looking out of this world lately. Like who are these guys out there?
Amazing what a successful entry play will do for confidence. Makes thing seem so easy for everyone now, not just struggling to get the puck in the zone anymore.
4-3 Panthers

Jagr with some nice pocket picking, feeds it to Barkov for a nice save in front by Miller.

Hansen & D. Sedn on a 2 on 1. Made us looked right silly on that play. Nice passing.
4-4

Oh did I mention how I think Garret is an idiot :shakehead

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
3rd Period

Luo with a nice shoulder save on Higgins. Stays squre.

Shaw & Hubie on the PK? I got real nervous there. Shows you how well Hubie's played tonight, because in any normal circumstance those two shouldn't be on the ice there. Lou with a beauty glove saw on the PK.

Kind of a boring period. Classic East-West, both teams will be happy getting at least 1 point. Luo played a good 3rd.

Shaw with a great chance to win it with 38 secs left. Good awareness.

That many goals being slung around, OT is fine with me.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
OT

Ek was sooo close, I thought it was in (even though I knew it went to a SO).

Just owning this OT.

Barky picking pockets on breakaways now. Is this real life? :sarcasm:

When Shaw came in down the wing, I really wanted him to wind up and let a big slapper go.

JJ with a nice shot top corner. Miller just straight picked it.

Going to a shootout, I like our chances ;)

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Shootout

Pirri
Love how he switched up the 5 hole move. You know goalies are looking for it/

McCann
Very nice move, while he's falling down too.

Markstrom in :amazed: :naughty:

Hubie
Marky threw his tick

Vrata
Slick glove by Luo. Really waaited him out.

Barky
WOW!!! :amazed:
Marky totally bit, froze on the stick bang to the ice. Then was flopping.
Barky has some big balls :yo:
Garret complaining about showmanship. What a tool! :rant:

Baertschi
Luo flashing the glove again! Love the puck drop at the end, kind of like a mic drop.
Love that this team flashes cockiness sometimes. If you got it, flaunt it baby!!! :popcorn: :popcorn:
5-4 Panthers SO Win

Hubie was our best player for sure tonight, hands down :bow:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Shootout

Pirri
Love how he switched up the 5 hole move. You know goalies are looking for it/

McCann
Very nice move, while he's falling down too.

Markstrom in :amazed: :naughty:

Hubie
Marky threw his tick

Vrata
Slick glove by Luo. Really waaited him out.

Barky
WOW!!! :amazed:
Marky totally bit, froze on the stick bang to the ice. Then was flopping.
Barky has some big balls :yo:
Garret complaining about showmanship. What a tool! :rant:

Baertschi
Luo flashing the glove again! Love the puck drop at the end, kind of like a mic drop.
Love that this team flashes cockiness sometimes. If you got it, flaunt it baby!!! :popcorn: :popcorn:
5-4 Panthers SO Win

Hubie was our best player for sure tonight, hands down :bow:

Guess who some here said sucked and was awful tonight? Huberdeau! :laugh:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Jagr interview after "Barky made a great move. A special move. I told him, I'm done with him. I teach him everything I could, and he doesn't teach me anything. I'm done with Barky." :joker:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Best players vs Van : Jagr , Barkov and R Smith. Ekblad in 3rd/OT unreal. Ekblad needs to be paired with that top line 95% of time which he's not. It would be too much for teams to handle him and Huberdeau would be open all day.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Best players vs Van : Jagr , Barkov and R Smith. Ekblad in 3rd/OT unreal. Ekblad needs to be paired with that top line 95% of time which he's not. It would be too much for teams to handle him and Huberdeau would be open all day.

It drives me nuts how little we use our best dpair with the #1 line. It feels like it's always Mitchell out there throwing the pucks wide of the net

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
It drives me nuts how little we use our best dpair with the #1 line. It feels like it's always Mitchell out there throwing the pucks wide of the net

Its an easy way to increase 5 on 5 scoring, he's on the current roster:shakehead Campbell, Guds pairings can go elsewhere. Barkov is a defensive freak and Ekblad is monster two way guy.

I like you Highlighting Smiths game especially his PK work. You and I seeing eye to eye right now, but I doubt gallant would keep us paired up for long.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Jagr interview after "Barky made a great move. A special move. I told him, I'm done with him. I teach him everything I could, and he doesn't teach me anything. I'm done with Barky." :joker:

And Barkov's response after that "When you score a goal in a SO, you get confidence to try new moves. Now i need to learn something else. I don't have anything left."

Yeah right.

:laugh:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I thought Huberdeau looked pretty good tonight. He's definitely playing with more confidence than he was the first 15-20ish games of the season.

Olsen and Gudbranson had a very rough game. I don't think Olsen played at all in the 3rd period.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Olsen and Gudbranson had a very rough game. I don't think Olsen played at all in the 3rd period.

They were not good. But the thing was that their mistakes ended up in the net whereas fumbles of Ek and Mitchell did not. Not trying to defend them but a little bit of bad luck if your mistakes end up in the net and the ones of other Dmen don't...

In the other hand Olsen definitely does not have to jump up into the cycle when we are leading. Guds looked lost trying to safe him but it was an unnecesdary 2 on 1 with 1 goal ahead. Benching him for that is conpletely understandable. Dorsett goal is on Knight, Guds pass was not bad.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Guys, with the great play of the HBJ and the JJ-Tro-Smith line where do you think Bjugstad will fit in when he gets back?

I would not be scared to put him on another line then the abovementioned (since we roll all lines out almost equally). He could add even more scoring punch on one of the "lower" lines. But I dont want him with Pirri.

Bjugstad-Grimaldi-Howden
Pirri-Knight(Dmac)-Shaw
?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Guys, with the great play of the HBJ and the JJ-Tro-Smith line where do you think Bjugstad will fit in when he gets back?

I would not be scared to put him on another line then the abovementioned (since we roll all lines out almost equally). He could add even more scoring punch on one of the "lower" lines. But I dont want him with Pirri.

Bjugstad-Grimaldi-Howden
Pirri-Knight(Dmac)-Shaw
?

Bjugstad on Grimaldi's wing?
Grimaldi sticking at center?
If anything, should be Howden-Bjug-Grimaldi
IMO
Even then, rather see Brickley suit up over Grimaldi

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Bjugstad on Grimaldi's wing?
Grimaldi sticking at center?
If anything, should be Howden-Bjug-Grimaldi
IMO
Even then, rather see Brickley suit up over Grimaldi

I was thinking about Brickley. But he hasn't really convinced me during the last games (besides the Thornton assist). He'd be the safer choice but I believe Rocco with Bjugstad has more potential

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
by the way, anyone else notice that on the hook against Barkov at the end of OT, someone (probably burrows) hooks barkov from the Canucks bench? was streaming the game so I couldn't go back and watch it, but i am almost positive I saw it.

AndyA

Mar 26, 2014
Finland
by the way, anyone else notice that on the hook against Barkov at the end of OT, someone (probably burrows) hooks barkov from the Canucks bench? was streaming the game so I couldn't go back and watch it, but i am almost positive I saw it.

Yea I did too and I thought that they got the penalty from that. But now that I check the statistics the penalty was for hooking, not for too many players on the ice.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

They were not good. But the thing was that their mistakes ended up in the net whereas fumbles of Ek and Mitchell did not. Not trying to defend them but a little bit of bad luck if your mistakes end up in the net and the ones of other Dmen don't...
Agreed, every d-man looked "off" last night. Lots of running around and not knowing who to cover (Ekblad was probably the biggest culprit of that), fumbled easy passes, poor decisions in the offensive end, etc.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
We got away from our game and won a game, we probably would not have, even last season, playoff teams win when they are not 100%, I am definitely impressed, but we need he next one against Ottawa.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We got away from our game and won a game, we probably would not have, even last season, playoff teams win when they are not 100%, I am definitely impressed, but we need he next one against Ottawa.

completely agree. I think everyone's eyes started to light up when they realized how easy it was to get scoring chances against VAN and completely abandoned all sense of responsible play. Luckily the 3rd point doesn't hurt us, but that game should have been an easy win if they had been a bit more responsible on the back end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad