Post-Game Talk: Cats rolling, 5-4 SO W vs Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rather keep Bjugstad at center, than throw Shaw into the fire.

Bjugstad should start slowly anyway, working his way back into shape, so the 4th line (minutes) would be ideal.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Rather keep Bjugstad at center, than throw Shaw into the fire.

Bjugstad should start slowly anyway, working his way back into shape, so the 4th line (minutes) would be ideal.

the beauty of moving bjugs to wing is it keeps trocheck on as a 2C where he is absolutely flourishing.

But there are good arguments on boh sides of this.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
While some fans want to see it, I doubt the FO or coaches are considering moving Bjugstad to wing.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
So, we're 8-3-0 (6 ROW), scoring 31 goals in 11 games, 2.81 per game without Bjugstad in the lineup. Or maybe the way you look at it is with Barkov and Trocheck as our 1 and 2 centers.

Not trying to make a point. Just an observation.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Put bjugstad between shaw and Pirri. Keep the Barkov and trocheck lines together.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So, we're 8-3-0 (6 ROW), scoring 31 goals in 11 games, 2.81 per game without Bjugstad in the lineup. Or maybe the way you look at it is with Barkov and Trocheck as our 1 and 2 centers.

Only way to put is Tro has stepped up, a functioning top 6 is a big change.

Af far as the healthy line up, Grimaldi should be the 1st to be sent down for Dmac and Knight should be 3C. When Bjugs comes back I want to see him start up as 3C to get up to speed and move up if he can take over. Tro has been great stepping up, but Bjugs is the better player when he is on. Need him to prove he is ready and Tro can be 3C and we have 3 offensive lines.

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
removing bolland is a historic addition by subtraction.

Yeah, with every C healthy (Barky,Tro,Bjugs&macK) there is no way Bolland ever should play center on this team again. Unless some miracle happens again he starts playing better.

Tro has been great stepping up, but Bjugs is the better player he is on. Need him to prove he is ready and Tro can be 3C and we have 3 offensive lines.

Bjugs should stay at center, having three scoring lines would be great. Only problem is finding guys that can play with him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

There's definitely a point here and it's that Trocheck is our #2C and Bjugstad needs to be tried as #3 or moved to the wing. Gallant would be insane to move Trocheck with how his line is playing.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I also agree that Ekblad needs to be out there when Barkov's line is. Ekblad makes that line even more dangerous. However, the coaching staff seems to alway put Mitchell out there with them which results in a black hole of offense whenever he gets the puck. I could see Ekblad leading d-men in goals if he gets more ice time with Barkov's line.

EstConf96*

Yeah, with every C healthy (Barky,Tro,Bjugs&macK) there is no way Bolland ever should play center on this team again. Unless some miracle happens again he starts playing better.

Bjugs should stay at center, having three scoring lines would be great. Only problem is finding guys that can play with him.

Agree Bolland is done. Grimaldi should be sent down and master playing wing he have no chance playing C on this team.

Btw what faceoff % did Knight have vs Canucks?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Chances of Bjuggy going to wing is very slim..this team loves him at center. At the same time, jokinen tro smith line needs to stay in tact. Its a must.

Pirri bjugstad Knight imo with knight taking draws

Howden dmac brickley with smith and shaw swapping in and out.

Olsen probably heading out when petro returns.

Kuli Ekb
Soup Gudbranson
Petro and Willie.

Soup and Mitch dont belong together.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

4-3-0 without bjugstad and with Bolland.

4-0-0 without Bolland.

Another way to slice the observation angle.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
A few things moving forward:

Jagr line is going strong. Keep them together

Troch loves playing with Jussi and Smith. Gotta keep variations of them together.

I think Bjugs on the wing can work, but he's not very smart with the puck, so wingers can ruin a play or the cycle with one errant pass. Maybe he should stay at center. I'm on the fence about it.

Shaw, Brickley, Grimaldi and Knight are all playing very strong and adding much needed jump to the lineup.

4-3-0 without bjugstad and with Bolland.

4-0-0 without Bolland.

Another way to slice the observation angle.

This team is much better without Bolland. And we shouldn't tinker with too much moving forward as we're rolling. For the Sens, I say put as much speed in the lineup as possible.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
A few things moving forward:

Jagr line is going strong. Keep them together

Troch loves playing with Jussi and Smith. Gotta keep variations of them together.

I think Bjugs on the wing can work, but he's not very smart with the puck, so wingers can ruin a play or the cycle with one errant pass. Maybe he should stay at center. I'm on the fence about it.

Shaw, Brickley, Grimaldi and Knight are all playing very strong and adding much needed jump to the lineup.

This team is much better without Bolland. And we shouldn't tinker with too much moving forward as we're rolling. For the Sens, I say put as much speed in the lineup as possible.

Thornton in the lineup guaranteed.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Put bjugstad between shaw and Pirri. Keep the Barkov and trocheck lines together.

Took the lines right out of my mouth.

Pirri - Bjugs - Shaw

Three wicked shots on this lne.

Howden - Knigiht - Brick

Thortnton gets in every now and then for Howden/Brick. He actually played decent last game, I could see him playing vs Ottawa.

Rocco's the first to get sent down IMO (assuming Bjugs is back before MacK). Looks out of place and lost out on the ice. The fact that he's 5'who cares dooesn't help him either.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Change of plans:

Miami Herald reporting that MacK has been medically cleard to play Tues. vs Ottawa.

Not a for sure he'll suit up but a very strong possibility.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Change of plans:

Miami Herald reporting that MacK has been medically cleard to play Tues. vs Ottawa.

Not a for sure he'll suit up but a very strong possibility.

GR just said from practice today that Mac will likely center 3rd line tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad