Oct 17, 2011
Not for long! :handclap:

tumblr_m2jxap7myz1qci7aeo1_500.gif

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Looks like they added an assist to Sasha on Huby's first goal. Was scared they weren't going to go back and give it to him.

-ghoste

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
The Cats, 1st in their division, take down the Caps, 1st in their division, handily and the NHL wants to talk about Crosbys hatter and McDavids goal. I'm not even mad.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Looks like they added an assist to Sasha on Huby's first goal. Was scared they weren't going to go back and give it to him.

-ghoste

Happened in the third period. Was obvious it didn't go off a Cap

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Our goaltending stats are absolutely surreal. I'm on cloud 9 right now. What this team is doing is unbelievable. They aren't even playing to their capabilities most nights.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The Cats, 1st in their division, take down the Caps, 1st in their division, handily and the NHL wants to talk about Crosbys hatter and McDavids goal. I'm not even mad.
And there's more. Did anyone notice the three stars of the game?

1. Huber
2. Burakovsky
3. Niskanen

Lol.

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
And there's more. Did anyone notice the three stars of the game?

1. Huber
2. Burakovsky
3. Niskanen

Lol.

Homers. However you did hear a big shock of disbelief on the barkov goal just because of how well he got that shot off in tight space. It was fun to hear the shock in everyone around me

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Homers. However you did hear a big shock of disbelief on the barkov goal just because of how well he got that shot off in tight space. It was fun to hear the shock in everyone around me

Agree. He's got good hands for more than passing.

BTW, I think Bjugs was looking to pass to Reilly in the corner before Barkov moved in and stole it. Not that anyone's complaining.

Bjugs had a good game too and so did Reilly, Jokinen and Trochek.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Fun time last night, quick recap:

Ton of penalties in the first, obviously, but our special teams looked really on point last night. Our powerplay really moves the puck around the perimeter well now, then brings it down low by the net, and then at the last second into the slot for a great scoring chance. Saw us execute this a number of times last night and I think we scored twice with this play.

Huberdeau was a beast. Was really involved offensively, and man what a shot on his second goal. That was Sakic-like.

Jagr looked like he was dogging it. Definitely tired, and Gallant needs to take it easy on his minutes if we actually want to go deep into the playoffs.

Bjugstad needs to get it together. He had two assists last night but seems a step behind the play, especially in the neutral and defensive zones. Similar with Trochek, he looks lost on defense going through the neutral zone, like he's not quite sure which passing lane he's supposed to be covering.

Except for the opening of the third, Montoya was out of this world amazing. He can definitely start somewhere, and probably will once he signs a new contract, wherever that may be.

Otherwise, I'll be honest, we played kind of an ugly game. There were times when we looked dominant in the offensive zone, but Washington generally controlled the play and outshot us 2-1. Montoya really bailed us out for the most part and we're a little lucky wasn't solid. If Ovechkin and Holtby were in the lineup we definitely would have been toast.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Fun time last night, quick recap:

Ton of penalties in the first, obviously, but our special teams looked really on point last night. Our powerplay really moves the puck around the perimeter well now, then brings it down low by the net, and then at the last second into the slot for a great scoring chance. Saw us execute this a number of times last night and I think we scored twice with this play.

Huberdeau was a beast. Was really involved offensively, and man what a shot on his second goal. That was Sakic-like.

Jagr looked like he was dogging it. Definitely tired, and Gallant needs to take it easy on his minutes if we actually want to go deep into the playoffs.

Bjugstad needs to get it together. He had two assists last night but seems a step behind the play, especially in the neutral and defensive zones. Similar with Trochek, he looks lost on defense going through the neutral zone, like he's not quite sure which passing lane he's supposed to be covering.

Except for the opening of the third, Montoya was out of this world amazing. He can definitely start somewhere, and probably will once he signs a new contract, wherever that may be.

Otherwise, I'll be honest, we played kind of an ugly game. There were times when we looked dominant in the offensive zone, but Washington generally controlled the play and outshot us 2-1. Montoya really bailed us out for the most part and we're a little lucky wasn't solid. If Ovechkin and Holtby were in the lineup we definitely would have been toast.

I will say that in games where we appear to be dominated in shots at least half of Washington's shots last night were from the perimeter and easily fended off. Our defense does a pretty good job keeping teams around the rim.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I will say that in games where we appear to be dominated in shots at least half of Washington's shots last night were from the perimeter and easily fended off. Our defense does a pretty good job keeping teams around the rim.

And no second chances.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
They outshot us 2-1 but they also had double the powerplays. Aside from taking too many penalties and coming out unprepared in the 3rd, I thought we played well.

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad