GDT: Cats @ Caps 2/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
As gamecenter is dead and I cannot see the replay of this game.

Were we dominated in puck possession this badly all night or were they not quality scoring chances? 38 shots against and 16 blocked shots by us

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Fun time last night, quick recap:

Ton of penalties in the first, obviously, but our special teams looked really on point last night. Our powerplay really moves the puck around the perimeter well now, then brings it down low by the net, and then at the last second into the slot for a great scoring chance. Saw us execute this a number of times last night and I think we scored twice with this play.

Huberdeau was a beast. Was really involved offensively, and man what a shot on his second goal. That was Sakic-like.

Jagr looked like he was dogging it. Definitely tired, and Gallant needs to take it easy on his minutes if we actually want to go deep into the playoffs.

Bjugstad needs to get it together. He had two assists last night but seems a step behind the play, especially in the neutral and defensive zones. Similar with Trochek, he looks lost on defense going through the neutral zone, like he's not quite sure which passing lane he's supposed to be covering.

Except for the opening of the third, Montoya was out of this world amazing. He can definitely start somewhere, and probably will once he signs a new contract, wherever that may be.

Otherwise, I'll be honest, we played kind of an ugly game. There were times when we looked dominant in the offensive zone, but Washington generally controlled the play and outshot us 2-1. Montoya really bailed us out for the most part and we're a little lucky wasn't solid. If Ovechkin and Holtby were in the lineup we definitely would have been toast.

i feel like your a glass half empty kinda person..

I am a glass half full kinda person..

it keeps me sane

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
i feel like your a glass half empty kinda person..

I am a glass half full kinda person..

it keeps me sane

Or, rather, I was at the god damn game and saw both the good and the bad firsthand. There was good. There was bad. I pointed out both.

It's been awhile since I've regularly visited here, but is it still a place where you can't acknowledge that while we won and are indeed a great team there are still shortfalls that need to be improved?

Or is acknowledging reality and recognizing flaws that need to be worked on being a glass-half-empty-kinda-person?

Good grief.

Jan 19, 2006
Or, rather, I was at the god damn game and saw both the good and the bad firsthand. There was good. There was bad. I pointed out both.

It's been awhile since I've regularly visited here, but is it still a place where you can't acknowledge that while we won and are indeed a great team there are still shortfalls that need to be improved?

Or is acknowledging reality and recognizing flaws that need to be worked on being a glass-half-empty-kinda-person?

Good grief.

:laugh: welcome back

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I will say that in games where we appear to be dominated in shots at least half of Washington's shots last night were from the perimeter and easily fended off. Our defense does a pretty good job keeping teams around the rim.

Yes, we did a great job of keeping them generally on the perimeter but the fact remains that the Caps controlled the puck and the flow of the game in ways that we didn't.

But we were extremely efficient with the puck, I'll add, when we did actually get it deep. Once our forwards were able to get through the neutral zone with the puck we frequently turned it into a scoring chance.

As gamecenter is dead and I cannot see the replay of this game.

Were we dominated in puck possession this badly all night or were they not quality scoring chances? 38 shots against and 16 blocked shots by us

We were pretty dominated in possession, but our team defense as a whole did a pretty decent job of blocking shots and keeping everything to the outside. To that I will definitely give credit.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Ooh nice surprise they did reward Barkov with assist on first goal afterwards.... they usually ninjad his points but I quess the washington guy that touched the puck didnt control it therefore Sasha got 1+1 in last game.

edit. oh was already mentioned

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Good grief.

No, and it's gotten even 10x worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad