Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Canes 2-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Tough game tonight. Ran into an extremely hot goaltender and couldn't finish the opportunities that were presented.

I was really hoping that the Panthers would go into the Olympic break with a good strong showing.

I hope Tallon was watching the game and saw how badly the team needs finishers.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Why is Timmy playing again tonight? He has sucked every B2B this season.

notes to take when considering coach for next season...

My record is clear from day 1 this season i would not have played a 40 yr old 3x inured THIS season anytime b2b.

If you don't have faith in your backup, cut him.

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Missed my first game of the season. By the score it looks like a beat down. Who played well and who stunk up the joint?

Huberdeau had a very good game, setting up multiple good chances and taking a lot more shots (including a couple slappers).

Bjugstad was his usual, consistent self and got rewarded.

Gomez missed three open nets that could have been goals.

Olsen contributed to our goal but also helped them score once or twice.

Jovo played like Jovo.

Thomas was off but Clemmer looked good.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Huberdeau had a very good game, setting up multiple good chances and taking a lot more shots (including a couple slappers).

Bjugstad was his usual, consistent self and got rewarded.

Gomez missed three open nets that could have been goals.

Olsen contributed to our goal but also helped them score once or twice.

Jovo played like Jovo.

Thomas was off but Clemmer looked good.

I don't care if our next game is two weeks away, Gomez absolutely must sit. He followed up two decent games, especially the Leafs game with two of the worst hockey games I've ever seen. How dobyou miss a WIDE OPEN net three times? If he could just hit it, this is a completely different game and possibly a win.

Like I said he hasn't even been AHL quality these last two.

God he pissed me off tonight.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
If you think Guds, hubby, Bjugs suck ya doubt Tallon.

Not his fault his hands were undeniably tied in the FA market this last summer.

Gotta let him have this summer and then next season's on him, IMHO.

I don't think they suck.. I think the Jovo, Kopecky, Upshall, Kuba, Versteeg and Fleischmann contracts suck. I also think Horacheck is his puppet.. Campbell isn't a #1 defenseman. Then to be quite frank, I'm scared of what he's gonna do with money in the offseason.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
So much bad in this team… I'm starting to have serious doubts about Tallon.

If he goes through this offseason and doesn't make some good changes then I'll agree, but for now idk how you can doubt him based on what he's done. I know we all want trades ASAP, but there's a lot of guys that you can't give away like Flash/Kopy etc. due to their contracts and then the big trade ***** like Campbell/Kulikov you can't just magically get a good return for until most likely the deadline when teams know where they stand. Basically trades don't just happen even when we want them too.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I don't think they suck.. I think the Jovo, Kopecky, Upshall, Kuba, Versteeg and Fleischmann contracts suck. I also think Horacheck is his puppet.. Campbell isn't a #1 defenseman. Then to be quite frank, I'm scared of what he's gonna do with money in the offseason.

He had to overpay to get some of those guys to come to FL and all of those big contracts also barely got the team to the cap floor where they needed to be. I think they will assess Horachek at the end of the season and if a better name is out there I am sure they will grab it. And as for this offseason if any good names come they will once again be at a higher price than other teams would have to pay, that's just the nature of the FL market at the moment until this proves to be a destination for players.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Gudbranson regresses always with Jovo. Jovo please retire. You suck so much

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Wheels seem to have fell off. Olympic break couldn't come sooner for this team.

Tonight was another stinker. Our offense is so dreadful, we are painful to watch in the offensive zone. I'm curious as to what Tallon does with this team and whether or not we will keep the likes of Boyes and Gilbert, considering playoffs are basically impossible at this point. If we see them past the deadline, we can only assume DT will do his best to re-sign them.

I agree with other's here though in saying that this team has lost its fight. A few weeks ago we were in games, we were competitive, now we just seem to give up and go through the motions until the game ends. A few guys are always competing it seems (Upshall for one), but it doesn't make much of a difference in the end. I really can't be upset, the guys have been putting in strong efforts for a few months now but with a lack of offensive talent, they just weren't getting the consistent results.

I don't care what you say, these are human beings. A couple months of busting your ass and constantly seeing 1 or 2 goals on the board is going to take its toll on you. This Olympic break is a good thing for the team, and hopefully we can come back and finish this season strong.

BTW, Bjugstad could very well be the one of the best players this team has ever drafted. Kids gonna pot 20 goals in his first career season and I fully expect him to be a perennial 30 goal man every single season, possibly even exceeding 40 at some point. Kid is an absolute monster competitor out there.

Really hope DT surrounds these kids with proven NHL talent next year, otherwise we're in for yet another incredibly tough season to watch.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Why in earth would you get rid of Campbell?
He holds the puck too long with time and space in the defensive zone or pass it back and forth with Gilbert. I mean it's like they wait for the opponent to hem them in to their own zone. Gudbranson, Kulikov, and Weaver are way better at moving the puck up ice to get the offense started.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He holds the puck too long with time and space in the defensive zone or pass it back and forth with Gilbert. I mean it's like they wait for the opponent to hem them in to their own zone. Gudbranson, Kulikov, and Weaver are way better at moving the puck up ice to get the offense started.

He's our best defensive player and arguably the best player on this team. Without his 25-30 mins a game, we would be twice as bad as we are now. He isn't here for his offense.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

Well, at least Upshall is able to finish breakaways.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I'm sorry I just can't get over it.

When Huby does it it's somewhat understandable because he is a young player struggling in his sophomore year. Gomez has been playing this game a long time. He's a seasoned vet and a former 70 point guy. And you are telling me he can't hit at least one of three wide open nets?

Go retire, bum. Take Jovo with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad