Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If you want to see him go to Rochester to finish the year, is it really a bad thing if that option is no longer on the table?

I was thinking from his POV. I want him in Rochester so the year burn is off the table in the world where I am benevolent Sabre overlord.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm just here to see if he signed yet.

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone from the crack Buffalo hockey press asked anyone involved what is going on? Has anyone asked the general manager, Casey’s agent, Casey himself? Maybe I was too busy prepping for tests to notice.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone from the crack Buffalo hockey press asked anyone involved what is going on? Has anyone asked the general manager, Casey’s agent, Casey himself? Maybe I was too busy prepping for tests to notice.

Best I got for you is Housley getting asked this morning by Sal Cappacio/Jeremy White. He responded as you would expect. That’s Jason’s thing and we’ll do what’s best for Casey. No real info basically

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Best I got for you is Housley getting asked this morning by Sal Cappacio/Jeremy White. He responded as you would expect. That’s Jason’s thing and we’ll do what’s best for Casey. No real answer basically

Typical, ask a guy who can’t actually answer the question. I’m sure their content with their efforts now too.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Typical, ask a guy who can’t actually answer the question. I’m sure their content with their efforts now too.
In fairness to them, they prefaced the question with the understanding that they knew he probably couldn’t answer it. But wanted to ask anyway. They don’t get Botts on their show so they can only ask who they have. Next time Botts is on with Schopp/Bulldog he will probably be asked.

The guys who should be asking though are the TBN guys or any of the other day to day guys.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In fairness to them, they prefaced the question with the understanding that they knew he probably couldn’t answer it. But wanted to ask anyway. They don’t get Botts on their show so they can only ask who they have. Next time Botts is on with Schopp/Bulldog he will probably be asked.

The guys who should be asking though are the TBN guys or any of the other day to day guys.

Are you casting aspersions at the crackerjack staff of TBN? Cracker. Jack. Because if you are, I would have to ask where your journalism degree is from. Or something. :biglaugh:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
ya, screw that Eichel kid

I'd much rather have Mittelstadt with ROR and Reinhart, and put a vet like Girgensons (or Boedker or Hagelin or Sheary) with Eichel if Nylander is Eichel's RW, which is what the prior post proposed.

If you have Okposo as Eichel's RW, then I think there is room for Mittelstadt on the left.

No way would I place 2 rookies who have never played together as Eichel's wings on Day 1, unless we want to see Jack play a lot of 1-on-4 and 1-on-5 on offensive breakouts, and a lot of odd-man rushes coming back the other way.

Reactions: sufferer

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If he stays he’s getting terrible advice. Both for his development and for his finances.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
If he stays he’s getting terrible advice. Both for his development and for his finances.
I assume he's being advised to sign. If he stays it's because he's pig headed, like when he chose to play high school in his draft year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
As a College Athlete with eligibility left, Mittelstadt cannot have an agent; only an "Advisor."

Says Paul Hamilton....

:dunno:

That's true. signing with an agent makes you ineligible to keep playing NCAA. So instead they have "advisors"...everyone knows it's a farce but this is the NCAA we're talking about.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's true. signing with an agent makes you ineligible to keep playing NCAA. So instead they have "advisors"...everyone knows it's a farce but this is the NCAA we're talking about.

The "family advisor" is another name for an agent doing pro bono work with the understanding that the player will sign with said agent when the player eventually turns pro.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I think if you look at what he does well: skating, back checking and pinching he's a better player at this point already than some of the AHL call up's have been all season. He needs to get stronger. However his creativity, ability to skate with and without the puck and two way penchant cannot be more obvious. This kid has innate talents that most have to work for already. He just needs to sign, the wear he plays will figure itself out. Whether that he blows everyone's mind in his sip of coffee in Buffalo and burns a year (I'm fine with that), or he signs and is with Rochester to play with Nylander, etc etc. I'm good either way. Just sign Casey ;)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I've heard that Petersen turned us down because our development program is known to be trash. Hopefully Mittlestadt isn't getting the same info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad