Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
With Ryan Lindgren leaving Gophers hockey, attention turns to Casey Mittelstadt's status

The Gophers have another prominent player who is a risk to leave early: freshman forward Casey Mittelstadt. The eighth overall pick in the 2017 draft by the Buffalo Sabres, Mittelstadt finished second on the Gophers with 30 points on 11 goals and 19 assists in 34 games. The former Eden Prairie High School standout was named MVP of the World Junior Championship after amassing a tournament-high 11 points (four goals, seven assists).

Mittelstadt declined to comment Wednesday on his status.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah he’s taking six classes a day to graduate two years early so he can get as far away from this disaster as he can.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
St. Cloud's early exit might be good for the Caseywatch, since this frees up Motzko to make a decision about the Gophers.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I bet he watched his potential teammates collectively not care for the 60th of 74 games this year. Great show boys.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Earlier this week, Sabres GM Jason Botterill was unavailable to meet with Mittelstadt and his family advisor as he was attending the NHL GM meetings in Boca Raton, Florida.

This is from Hockeybuzz....please don't roast me I am just passing on what I read. Don't know if true or not.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
How excited would you be to join this ****show? I don't want him in that dressing room, sign him in the off-seaon, let him play in the World Championships.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Uh to prove his worth in professional hockey and show he’s worthy of starting next season in the NHL?

Rated the #1 prospect in hockey, not going to happen. According to you the Amerks are as rancid an organization as the Sabres so why would Mittelstadt want to be part of that?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
for what possible reason would Casey Mittelstadt sign a contract to play for the Rochester Americans?

A choice of being a Millionaire and being set for life in a few years versus going back to school for 3(?) more years...decisions decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad