Injury Report: Carter out indefinitely (Mod Edit--ETA February-ish)

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Imo he should be back before February 10 at the latest. If he can skate I think considering what a fitness nut he is, he should be able to get his conditioning where he needs it to be.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
It's really going to depend on what happens now that he has skated. Will there be swelling, which is likely, but how fast does it go down. How much discomfort is there. Where we all want him back I think we also all don't want him rushed back.
But we're on par for the original time frame and if there are no complications and no setbacks could be earlier. But that seems to very rarely happen.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
As a point of reference, Gaborik started skating around October 18th, and wasn't in a game until about the 1st of December. That's about 6 weeks.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Take your time Jeff. If we continue the freefall it wont be worth rushing back. Need you next year too.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
As a point of reference, Gaborik started skating around October 18th, and wasn't in a game until about the 1st of December. That's about 6 weeks.

I think Gaborik's injury was to his knee, and he needed major surgery. He also had set backs. I am not a doctor, but I would imagine a cut on your ankle that is healed via surgery would take less time to recover from once a player starts skating.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
I think Gaborik's injury was to his knee, and he needed major surgery. He also had set backs. I am not a doctor, but I would imagine a cut on your ankle that is healed via surgery would take less time to recover from once a player starts skating.

I dont think Gabo had surgery at summer.

Last edited:

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I wouldn't be surprised if he is back in action the first two weeks of February. I remember the team giving conservative estimates regarding Quick's return, and then all of a sudden he was in a game, which caught everyone by surprise.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if he is back in action the first two weeks of February. I remember the team giving conservative estimates regarding Quick's return, and then all of a sudden he was in a game, which caught everyone by surprise.

I believe he will be back in that time frame as well. It should take him 10 days tops to get set. And those 2 weeks is a pretty generous amount of time to get set if hes actually skating in gear

Hope his speed isn't effected.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think February 7th home vs. the Oilers is a good date to target. Gives him a home game with maybe some sheltered minutes early on to see how he feels. Obviously the conditioning will be an issue early on but will improve. Biggest worry will be his speed and whether this injury has caused him to "lose a step" as they might say in football. If Carter can play somewhat close to the way he played last season the Kings offense suddenly looks pretty good. The biggest bonus will be hopefully we will get more goals from Pearson and Toffoli, those two seem to play way better with Carter than with anyone else.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm so so happy to see him in gear.

Even though we're struggling I prefer that he's well-conditioned too.
dude is the definition of a natural athlete though, i have 0 concerns about conditioning

hardly even needs cardio with a stride like his

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Not really surprising. We've been hearing for months now to expect him back around the trade deadline/early March. Trade deadline is still 19 days away.
I know where they had said and most like myself figured give or take a few weeks on the trade deadline. But when they are gone on this trip until 6 days before it now looking more like right at or the take side Which isn't good news for the team. Of course he could suddenly get going and show up on the trip.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I know where they had said and most like myself figured give or take a few weeks on the trade deadline. But when they are gone on this trip until 6 days before it now looking more like right at or the take side Which isn't good news for the team. Of course he could suddenly get going and show up on the trip.
I would think there won't be a whole lot of practice during their trip so it makes more sense to just leave him here and have him work out every day. The final step is going to be going through a couple full practices so like you said, if he progresses well then he can join the team wherever they are. To be honest, I don't expect him to be 100% this season anyways. I know they're different people and Karlsson's injury was worse since it was the Achilles but he wasn't 100% the season he came back and still isn't 100% to this day.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Loved the hope from those that were saying somewhere around tonight's game to this weekend, but there was basically zero chance of that happening. These guys got to push through February without him, which was always kind of their rough estimate to begin with.

What a BS injury, man. Skate blade cut? Ridiculous.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I would think there won't be a whole lot of practice during their trip so it makes more sense to just leave him here and have him work out every day. The final step is going to be going through a couple full practices so like you said, if he progresses well then he can join the team wherever they are. To be honest, I don't expect him to be 100% this season anyways. I know they're different people and Karlsson's injury was worse since it was the Achilles but he wasn't 100% the season he came back and still isn't 100% to this day.

He broke his foot last postseason, surely that is a contributing factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00