Injury Report: Carter out indefinitely (Mod Edit--ETA February-ish)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I feel like that was already the general feeling about the injury. Once the statement was that he was out indefinitely, that's going to be more than just a few weeks.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Realistically how long can we have Kopitar and Shore as our top 2 centers? Maybe we do make a move.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
FWIW, Guys on TSN mentioned Carter was wearing Kevlar socks and the skate still ended up cutting through it.

Guess they don't always work.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Shore looks tentative and completely ineffective as a second line center. Not a surprise, given his lack of offense over the past two seasons.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It is what it is. This team should be able to hold it's own.

FWIW, 6-8 weeks is month to month. Just come back in 2017, please.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Realistically how long can we have Kopitar and Shore as our top 2 centers? Maybe we do make a move.

Easier said than done. Few trades get made this early with the cap, let alone for a 2nd line center. Assuming Carter is coming back at some point this season, you still have to account for his cap space, plus whoever you might bring in.

They probably have to make it work with they've got. They have options, it's just a matter of trying them. Losing Carter is a team altering injury, so they have to alter the team. Throwing Shore in there doesn't seem to be working. Toffoli and Pearson have 1 ES goal combined, and it came in the 1st game of the year. Almost 3 weeks ago.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Yep. Shore, not panning out. Next up, Kempe, Dowd, or Iafallo.

Personally I put Camm on the 1st line, Iafallo between the T's, and Dowd with Kempe and Lewis.

Laich looks fine on the 4th, just put whoever there as they get limited minutes anyhow.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Yeah it's time to move Shore back to the bottom six. He just has no idea what to do when he has the puck. He hesitates and loses possession every time.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yep. Shore, not panning out. Next up, Kempe, Dowd, or Iafallo.

Personally I put Camm on the 1st line, Iafallo between the T's, and Dowd with Kempe and Lewis.

Laich looks fine on the 4th, just put whoever there as they get limited minutes anyhow.
Iafallo needs to stay on that top line period.... Cammaleri-Kempe-Lewis has been a revelation, so its either Dowd, Trade or Amadio...

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hopefully Carter goes through controversial ligament procedure so he can come back quicker. Go out of country. Do what the cool kids do.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Yes, because it's a long term injury? Are you expecting that someone is stalking Carter right now seeing where he gets his dry cleaning done? Dude's not coming back for a couple more months.
Just looked like I was catching grief for bumping a Carter injury thread, looking for updates on Carter’s injury/recovery/timelines/etc. I’ve always been under the impression that’s how threads work, but maybe I’m missing something.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, there's no update. Our team reporter even got sick of people asking and basically said "check back in February," which is why the thread is dead.

Can't expect people to know that given the last page or so was about the roster in the immediate post-Carter aftermath, so hopefully these last few posts will keep visitors informed.

Visitors: don't bump till February :P

Reactions: mrkolice

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
if he's back in february or early march it would be perfect. enough time to rebuild chemistry, feel the ice, get sharp. i can't wait to see him again, kings will need him real bad in the playoffs, but they can still get there without him. jeff, just come back healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->