Waived: Carter Ashton

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A pity he's had difficulty transitioning to the NHL. He played well in the AHL, but something just kept him from getting to that next level.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Very disappointing player all things considered.

Did not like the way he did not take ownership for the use of banned substance, instead blaming it on someone else and not taking responsibility.

Thanks for the time served, on your way.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Has this guy even gotten a SINGLE point in his entire tenure here? Even I could have gotten a puck deflect off my ass, hit a teammates skate and bounce to another guy's stick who scored

How can someone be so ****ing ****

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Good, he didn't even have a hit in the Winnipeg game. Bring Devane up to put a beating on kessel in practice. Before kessel gets traded ha.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Ashton's a good player who for whatever reason has not been playing good hockey for us.

Someday he'll put it together and have a decent NHL career as bottom six forward. Whether it's with us or somewhere else who knows.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I hope he does not get picked up but reinforce the Marlies. He can be a good AHL player at least.

While you're right at some point when a organization doesn't see the value in a player for their parent team by waiving him then he is only taking away ice time and playing spots from players you are trying to develop in the AHL.

The purpose of your AHL team is developing future NHLers for your parent team and so its a fine line between wanting to get players for the sole purpose of helping your farm team win and not clogging the roster with career AHLers.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
While you're right at some point when a organization doesn't see the value in a player for their parent team by waiving him then he is only taking away ice time and playing spots from players you are trying to develop in the AHL.

The purpose of your AHL team is developing future NHLers for your parent team and so its a fine line between wanting to get players for the sole purpose of helping your farm team win and not clogging the roster with career AHLers.

He's not doing that, the Coach that gives him the ice will be doing that.

Who's development time are you concerned about?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
This likely has nothing to do with Randy. Ashton has been placed on waivers already this season and cleared IIRC.

No he hasnt. Hes been with the Leafs the entire season which makes it curious that he was waived as soon as Carlyle got fired

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I'm quite sure Ashton has played his last NHL game anywhere. There aren't many teams lining up for a guy who can't score and gets his face punched in anytime he tries to make a difference.

Oct 19, 2007

These are my thoughts exactly. I don't get it when fans say so and so will help the Marlies. The only players that will help the Marlies are players that potentially can make the Leafs. Any other players should be let go or sent to the ECHL for possible call up to the Marlies if there is an injury on that team..Nuff said..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad