Waived: Carter Ashton

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I expected a bit more from him to be honest. A shame he can't put it together in the NHL.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never anything more than a Minor League Player, returning where he belongs.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Wish we had gotten a pick for him... Hope he clears as the Marlies could use another (AHL) scoring forward.

Him and Frattin both have shots that are ridiculous at the AHL level, but can't score at the NHL level. Not sure if it's a confidence thing or just because it's easier to get into scoring position in the AHL as both have average-good NHL shots.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Carlyle didnt even like/use Ashton so im confused as to why they had to wait until Carlyle was fired to waive him

I doubt very much there is any connection to Carlyle being fired.

CalgaryLeaf*

Kadri apparently is practicing on a regular line, and Bodie was recalled a couple days ago.

I suspect that the coaching staff without Carlyle will play Kadri on the first PP...That was another head shaker from Randy over the years.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Did shanny read the HF boards last night and then made some moves? :sarcasm:

Please get picked up. Leivo deserves his go

Bar South

May 29, 2011
Carlyle didnt even like/use Ashton so im confused as to why they had to wait until Carlyle was fired to waive him

This likely has nothing to do with Randy. Ashton has been placed on waivers already this season and cleared IIRC.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

I've had a theory that Ashton was Carlyles project the past couple years. A GM wouldn't keep a player up that isn't playing so long if the Coach didn't want him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad