Pre-Game Talk: Carolina @ Toronto, Tlusty Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Plz win this one. I dont have a great feeling against hawks on Sat.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think the Leafs are purposely playing less tough hockey with all the injuries and suspensions. Leafs are in a cap crunch right now, no time for more injuries.

Look for that to change when McLaren Fraser and Clarkson come back in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My bet is Reimer tonight, Bernier on Saturday.

Bernier has seen Chicago more.

they've both started 1 game against Chicago, both lost(Reimer was shelled, 5 goals on 19 shots). Bernier had a half game where he faced 9 shots as well.

So Bernier hasn't really played much more against them, unless you mean he's seen them watching from the bench when Quick is in net

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
The Leafs are going to get outshot yet again, just get prepared for it. But they'll win 4-2 or 5-1 or something like that. The Canes are a bad, bad team, and the Leafs are actually good this year. You can say it Leafs fans: we're good. It's been a long time, but we've earned the right to be confident.

Tonight isn't a test at all. Playing against the champs this Saturday will be the real test.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
they've both started 1 game against Chicago, both lost(Reimer was shelled, 5 goals on 19 shots). Bernier had a half game where he faced 9 shots as well.

So Bernier hasn't really played much more against them, unless you mean he's seen them watching from the bench when Quick is in net

That's exactly what I meant. Sure, Quick got the start, but Bernier was likely involved in all of the prep work for Chicago and got to watch all of the games up close.

It makes sense to start Bernier on Saturday.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
We need to play better.

We have zero forecheck, our defensive zone coverage is sloppy and our neutral zone play is average at best.

When we spend 10 seconds in the opposing teams zone, and they come into our zone and spend 2 minutes...something is clearly wrong.

Whether you believe advanced stats or not, this team hasn't played good.

I feel like we're going to get our ass kicked on Saturday against Chicago if we keep playing like this.

Happy to be 6-1, would love for the team to put in a solid effort in this game.

Maybe a big loss is exactly what we need to get the message through to our players. If you don't change 7 games in, I doubt they will get the message.

EDDIE20*

Carolina always gives us fits. Hopefully, they can shore up the defence. We're gonna need it.

LyGuy

Aug 21, 2013
I don't mind if we play decent hockey this game focusing on defence mechanics and good cycles and lose against Canes, then on Saturday we play good hockey for once and beat the Hawks.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
When was the last time Toronto won a game against Chicago in the regular season?

I don't think I can recall one in recent memories

February 12, 2003

3 - 1 win, Domi, McAuley and Lumme with the goals for Toronto, Mark Bell for the Hawks.

mikebel111*

It will be a tough game against hawks. Yet, i predict that we win both these games. At the same time. Not a great feeling on sat. Odd that i predict we still win.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Carolina stat line:

#26 G/G, #17 GA/G, #23 SA/G, #13 SV%, #12 PK, #23 PP, #22 FO%

Leafs stat line:

#4 G/G, #7 GA/G, #27 SA/G, #5 SV%, #3 PK, #3 PP, #26 FO%

We should really win this game.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I say Leafs win 3-2, then I'm going to post the "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus in the PGT! BAM! Thanks to Bozie I think Heave Away has seen it's last days :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad