Pre-Game Talk: Carolina @ Toronto, Tlusty Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
We need to play better.

We have zero forecheck, our defensive zone coverage is sloppy and our neutral zone play is average at best.

When we spend 10 seconds in the opposing teams zone, and they come into our zone and spend 2 minutes...something is clearly wrong.

Whether you believe advanced stats or not, this team hasn't played good.

I feel like we're going to get our ass kicked on Saturday against Chicago if we keep playing like this.

Happy to be 6-1, would love for the team to put in a solid effort in this game.

I'm scared of the Chicago game, I'm not sure the Leafs will even touch the puck if they keep this up.

Tyler Biggs*

Sharks, Leafs and Avs all tied for first.

I know many of the critics will go on here and comment that the Leafs did not deserve to win this game and blah, blah, blah, blah! Minnesota threw everything they had at the Leafs and somehow the Leafs prevail. Yes, Reimer was the difference, but isn't that what a goalie suppose to do? We will take the WIN!

Reimer was outstanding especially in light of all the recent hoopla surrounding Bernier. After saving our hides repeatedly last year everyone seems ready to write him off. Nicest player in the league and he deserves more respect than he's given. Happy to have both of them between the pipes. GLG!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
When was the last time Toronto won a game against Chicago in the regular season?

I don't think I can recall one in recent memories

I can't remember and I don't even care if we don't win...just don't get embarrassed out of the building.

The one good thing about the Leafs: They seem to play to the level of their opponent.

If they're playing the Bruins, they step their game up with Carlyle as coach. If we're playing the Lightning, we play like they do and start exchanging chances.

I hope we play to the level of the Blackhawks, win or lose.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
When was the last time Toronto won a game against Chicago in the regular season?

I don't think I can recall one in recent memories

We have played Chicago once a year every year since the lockout except for 2004-2005 and 2012-2013. We lost in overtime in 2008-2009, lost all the other games in regulation :laugh: No blowouts though, most were 1 goal games.

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
We have played Chicago once a year every year since the lockout except for 2004-2005 and 2012-2013. We lost in overtime in 2008-2009, lost all the other games in regulation :laugh: No blowouts though, most were 1 goal games.

I still vividly recall the lead we blew to them a couple years ago which became Ron Wilson's last game as an NHL coach (thus far). Our game 7 against Boston was sort of a microcosm of that entire bizarre season.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I have a bad feeling about this game. We always have trouble against Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost tbh, just one of those teams who always give us trouble. It's like Buffalo from a few years ago no matter what we always lose. Canucks too

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011

The only one I remember is the last game at MLG.....:cry:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'll let the coaching staff worry about the weak points in the Leafs game. I'm just going to go the route of enjoying the fact that we are 6-1 and can keep adding on points. So hopefully we can keep the offense going and light up the Canes.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Faulk - Sekera
Murphy - Harrison
Hainsey - Bellemore

The Leafs are going to eat that defense alive.

That D needs a Marc Staal to complete the trifecta very bad this offseason...

Last edited:

Tyler Biggs*

To those saying that Raymond should stay in the top 6: we need to spread out our scoring and having Bolland and MayRay together on the 3rd line with previous 30 goal scorer Kulimen will do just that. Maybe Bolland and Raymond will help Kuli find his offensive touch again and we can have 3 really good scoring lines with the third line specialty skills: face-offs, defence etc.

Keep McClement on the 4th line to keep him rested for special teams.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Why do fans get so hung up on what has happened in the past between two teams? Maybe if teams are playing 2 games back-to-back, the first game may indicate something about the second game will go, but even then I'm not sure. It's probably more important to look at how the two teams have done in their most recent games than how they did against each other months ago or in previous seasons.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.

let's go 7-1!

Why would Carlyle take Reimer out after such a solid start? doesn't make any sense. I think it's pretty much guaranteed it's reimer tomorrow night.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
That win song wtf? Miley circus are you serious? I want reimer to start but his no rebound control and kick outs cause so much chaos in our zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad