Claimed off Waivers: Carolina claims Martin Frk

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
actually, i think he means that we are bringing our redneck jerseys back

12065525_10153559238090709_2095641254126774671_n.jpg

Does it come with a free tribal arm band tattoo?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
And why shouldn't we? Trade Frk who's still on a ELC who's better then Pulkkinen bigger just as good of a holey slapper. Pulkkinen should've been the one to be put on waivers not Frk. But oh well that's Holland for you.
Neither Pulk nor Frk are worth complaining about. Neither will have much of an impact in the NHL. I suspect Frk will be back on waivers this season itself.

It's not just in this thread, brother. Have you been to the Wings board lately? It's absolutely ridiculous.

I can understand people being unhappy with the direction of the team but this move is fairly inconsequential.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
We have a growing base of TANK fans... who are getting more and more upset when we DONT tank, and let go middling NHLers :P

It's symptomatic of the problem as a whole. It's a badly constructed roster that's gone from mediocre to bad in the last 5 years. Instead of rebuilding or at the very least leaving spots open to try guys out and maybe find some talent we continually plug holes with well plugs. The bigger issue is it yet another wasted draft pick that's amounted to nothing. Drafting is supposed to be Holland's saving grace but he hasn't hit on much in the last 10 years.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
We have a growing base of TANK fans... who are getting more and more upset when we DONT tank, and let go middling NHLers :P

We have hardly any true tank fans. We have a lot of "stop signing mediocre vets to lifetime contracts just to maybe-kind-of-sort-of hover in 8th place or back into the playoffs and then get blasted by a depleted team in the playoffs"-fans. They're not the same thing.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
It's symptomatic of the problem as a whole. It's a badly constructed roster that's gone from mediocre to bad in the last 5 years. Instead of rebuilding or at the very least leaving spots open to try guys out and maybe find some talent we continually plug holes with well plugs. The bigger issue is it yet another wasted draft pick that's amounted to nothing. Drafting is supposed to be Holland's saving grace but he hasn't hit on much in the last 10 years.

Reminds me of the Devils before Shero came in. Constantly plugging holes, only to put ourselves in a bigger hole than before.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Holland has been exposed as an average GM ever since Nill, Bowman, & McDonell left, sadly.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Those two players are NOT assets.

Players in the AHL are pushing them out. They aren't good enough to displace anyone on the current roster. Their worth is negligible at best.

How are those assets by any definition?

They're not assets. KH even tried trading them and nobody wanted to give up and their "assets" for scrubs. Lol

A dollar bill with gooey dog poop rubbed all over it found on the sidewalk is worth more than these Detroit "assets". :laugh:

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006

What in the hell? Tatar, Nyquist, Athanasiou, Mantha, Dylan fricken Larkin, Ouellet, Mrazek, off the top of my head and I'm not even a Wings fan. When your highest pick in 15 years was Larkin at 15th overall, it goes to show how good Detroit has been and producing NHL worthy prospects.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
They're not assets. KH even tried trading them and nobody wanted to give up and their "assets" for scrubs. Lol

A dollar bill with gooey dog poop rubbed all over it found on the sidewalk is worth more than these Detroit "assets". :laugh:

Costs money for waivers claims. You need about $67000 dog poop bills.

Beaten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad