Claimed off Waivers: Carolina claims Martin Frk

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Exactly, Another Holland blunder here. Didn't need to resign Miller or sign Ott would've much rather have had Frk on the team.:cry:

We still need Miller however I'd rather have Frk over Ott. I hope he does well in Carolina so it sinks into Holland's head that the DRW aren't a country club.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Exactly, Another Holland blunder here. Didn't need to resign Miller or sign Ott would've much rather have had Frk on the team.:cry:

I like Ott, have been on the get rid of Miller train for several years. Neither guy is really the one blocking Frk though. I mean yes Frk can actually play on a fourth line though.

But the one that sticks out like a sore thumb is Pulkkinen. Another right handed heavy shot, but he hits the net less often than Frk, cannot play with his physicality and doesn't get he shots off as quickly as Frk. While it is slightly heavier in terms of the shot it doesn't actually wind up being more effective at the NHL level than Martin Frk's shot because it is blocked more often.

I know Pulkkinen had a decent stretch before getting his shoulder blown out on the team last year. But he is a top 6 or bust guy and he doesn't project to be better than what is in front of him. With AA and Mantha knocking he will have to get it done from a depth line and he cannot play that game. Seriously not happy and wasn't happy before Frk didn't slip through. I was hopeful he might at this time of year, but Pulkkinen should have been the one we were chancing on exposing.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
We still need Miller however I'd rather have Frk over Ott. I hope he does well in Carolina so it sinks into Holland's head that the DRW aren't a country club.

Totally agree Miller for 1 year is okay, But would've much rather had Frk over Ott any day of the week. Sometimes i just wonder about Holland. Good luck in Carolina Marty.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

What's the deal with that? Did Frk have a terrible camp? You'd think you'd want to give him every shot to edge out Ott before losing him for nothing. It isn't like Ott deserves a guaranteed roster spot.

Mad Brills*

mckenzie tweeted that up to 3 teams put in a claim for frk, so gotta wonder if holland couldn't have gotten a pick for him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What's the deal with that? Did Frk have a terrible camp? You'd think you'd want to give him every shot to edge out Ott before losing him for nothing. It isn't like Ott deserves a guaranteed roster spot.

Ott is likely just as valuable off ice to the Wings as his very small role on ice. He is a physical guy, good at faceoffs, can be scratched without making waives and while still being a good teammate.

Ott fits what he was brought in for and has had an outstanding pre-season.

Frk had a stellar pre-season in my opinion, on top of a very strong close to last year in the AHL. We were all worried about putting him out on waivers. In my mind Frk was competing for a spot with Teemu Pulkkinen. While Pulkkinen has rushed back from an injury, I think even while being generous there he lost the competition badly and should have been exposed instead of Frk.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
mckenzie tweeted that up to 3 teams put in a claim for frk, so gotta wonder if holland couldn't have gotten a pick for him.

I don't think anybody was giving anything up to get him though.

The other GMs know how Holland operates too and who was likely to hit the wire from the Wings. So while he isn't worth maybe throwing a pick, you could be confident he was likely to hit the wire.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Yup another Holland blunder here, Losing Nestraisl to Carolina and then Ferraro to Boston and now Frk to Carolina. You would think that Holland would've learned his lesson by now. Pulkkinen should've been the one to go not Frk.

Hard to argue Ferraro was a blunder. Hes been placed on waivers multiple times, hes also no where near the potential game breaker that Frk is.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Since he's been claimed on waivers can he be traded by Carolina at the deadline if a couple of teams want to grab him for the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad