Post-Game Talk: carnivoran mammals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That was annoying but you can't win every game.

You guys like way overhyped yourselves because the Bruins are good and then you're absolutely floored that we lost to such a good team.

Again, do we not see the contradiction?
Cut it out with that logic stuff.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We struggled against the Stars till the third period, could't finish against the Flyers and barely beat the Coyotes

The Leafs and Panthers lost to the Coyotes, we doubled them up in shots and outplayed them. As Machinehead said we had similar struggles despite analytics in 2013-14. Just sounds like you're looking for the negatives so you can rant.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
How about this:

Let's try STARTING PP2 when we get a Power Play. Why not?
So we can watch Trouba be bad more?

we ran into an insanely hot team and looked bad for the first time in a while

suck it up and move on
That's the problem. A well structured team. We cannot create or sustain any offense 5v5 against it. It's the same problem.

Our rush is acceptable but our Ozone gameplan is and has been hot garbage. No one knows what their teammates are doing. No one gets open. No one makes themselves a threat. The middle of the ice is vacated.....

It's the same story...

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider can never be a physical style of player because he'd be in the penalty box the whole game. He should learn body positioning and how to box people out along the wall though.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

That's the problem. A well structured team. We cannot create or sustain any offense 5v5 against it. It's the same problem.

Our rush is acceptable but our Ozone gameplan is and has been hot garbage. No one knows what their teammates are doing. No one gets open. No one makes themselves a threat. The middle of the ice is vacated.....

It's the same story...
Yup. I wonder what lessons we can learn from losing to a team that played as a team on the transition and on defense, a team that had better coordination, structure and were clearly better drilled in playing their system. A team that I doubt is significantly faster skating than ours for the most part.

Pre-game Gallant said that the team that played their system the best on the day would win, and he was correct.

Reactions: duhmetreE

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Get Kreider the f*** off the top line. Put Vesey there, i dont care. Kreider looks like dog shit 90% of the game and that is being nice.
Remember that thread about "who might be booed, or the next whipping boy?" Seems Kreider and Trouba are the leading candidates. Nobody's demanding nor expecting 50+ but, we need them to be much much better than they have been. For that dinero, they need to be all-stars.
And yeah, Vesey is outplaying him for 1/10th the salary.

Kreider can never be a physical style of player because he'd be in the penalty box the whole game. He should learn body positioning and how to box people out along the wall though.
Back in the day he was (in the box often), he learned that part of it, but that VIDEO with around 4 to go, was pathetic how he AVOIDED contact behind the net.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

It's the same story...
Take him off and put Zack Attack on. But PP1 is getting stale and teams are more prepared for them. Another 0'fer last night. Wouldn't hurt to give PP2 a minute out there to start a power play.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Take him off and put Zack Attack on. But PP1 is getting stale and teams are more prepared for them. Another 0'fer last night. Wouldn't hurt to give PP2 a minute out there to start a power play.
no one wants to move or skate or take initiative.

Stand still, float and puck watch. The team is guilty of it

The only line that generated offense was the kid line. They are the only line that executes

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Everyone knows I get protective on our goalies (probably the goalie coach in me), but from what I could see from the ShitnetNow stream in a 5-2 loss with ENG against a top team - Igor let in 2 bad goals. The loss isn't on him but he knows those 2 shots he needed to have. (Pasta and Frederic)

You especially don't drop to RVH to a dude on a half-boards on his backhand. (Pasta's goal)

I'm seeing even more frequent over-committing on shortside chances and he's gone for a swim accordingly. Getting very frustrated with that but I'm sure he'll be reeled in.

I don't blame Coyle's goal on him but he was very pedestrian on that wrap around attempt but Trouba 100% needs to man up there.

No panic here for me - Bruins are rolling.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
no one wants to move or skate or take initiative.

Stand still, float and puck watch. The team is guilty of it

The only line that generated offense was the kid line. They are the only line that executes
I need the Kid Line put back together. Osmosis is real. You play with someone and hang with them long enough, you start to become them. I don't want Kakkreniehytil developing into soft and lazy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CLW

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
The Leafs and Panthers lost to the Coyotes, we doubled them up in shots and outplayed them. As Machinehead said we had similar struggles despite analytics in 2013-14. Just sounds like you're looking for the negatives so you can rant.
Fair enough. I'm just hoping our puck luck will equalize soon.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I need the Kid Line put back together. Osmosis is real. You play with someone and hang with them long enough, you start to become them. I don't want Kakkrenierhytil developing into soft and lazy.
It still doesn't solve the problem. Then the Zibs line suffers... maybe Panarin Tro will find success, since Tro is the only guy on the team that keeps moving.

It's a mindset. Go cause chaos. Do not stop skating.

Vesey is the other standout from last night. I'm glad he got rewarded with a goal. He was skating hard every shift and it was noticeable.

The rest of the team was playing like they had food poisoning

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I need the Kid Line put back together. Osmosis is real. You play with someone and hang with them long enough, you start to become them. I don't want Kakkrenierhytil developing into soft and lazy.
I'm cool with putting the Kids back together, BUT they better be getting the most ES time on ice. Unfortunately, we know that won't happen.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I'm fine with starting PP2 as long as we are calling the big boy group PP2. I don't believe in line numbering anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad